Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394245 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8970 on: October 29, 2016, 01:15:44 am »

I could try to follow in mainiac; I see the reasonings behind his words, and his precise blend of politics was one that I bear more than superficial similarities to, but I could never replicate the other parts that made mainiac a maniac. I tend to tune out when arguments get heated or those I argue against make particularly... what's the phrase... I don't know. the point is that mainiac was always relentless.

We're going to need to import all our salt now.
I tell ya, it's terrible. We're losing. Our leaders are morons. Mexico, very smart. They have a lot of salt, the best salt. China? China has amazing salt. They have amazing salt; I tell ya, I've seen their salt and it's unbelievable how much they're making off us. Unbelievable. We don't win like them. NAFSA (North American Free Salt Agreement) was the worst trade deal in history. Mexico wants to write us a thank you note because of all the free business we give them. Our leaders aren't smart. Other countries, they don't respect people like us. I am a salt-salesman, and I have proven experience negotiating salt deals. Clinton? Clinton supports NAFSA, and she called TPSP (Trans Pacific Salt Parternship) the gold standard. She wants to be just like Obama, and if elected we will get four more years of losing our salt jobs to Mexico and now China. If elected I will grow salt jobs right here in America; the best salt jobs. But to do that we need put on a salt-tariff, and we need to build a (fire)wall. China has a wall too! Worked very well for them. Very smart. Kept out the independent salt-developers in Mongolia. We need that sort of smart. We are going to go into office, and we are going to change things; we are going to bring salt production back to america, and Make America Salty Again. I am the only one who can bring real salt back to America, and that is why you should vote misko27 on November 23rd.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: October 29, 2016, 02:13:11 am »

Ooh, if you win I call dibs on Secretary of Salt!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: October 29, 2016, 02:19:51 am »

I already seen the Ontario government shut down a VERY successful criminal rehabilitation program that actually saves money by existing... because no one really knows it exists... and simply said it costs too much money.

Wait, hwat? It saved money by existing, so it was shut down for costing too much money?

Are you going to look it up? No? Well then their claim is as good as true.
??? You have provided no specific reference or name. How am I supposed to look it up? And if their claim is "getting money costs too much," it is objectively false.
It costs very visible money.

The money it saves, on the other hand, is not so visible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:14 am »

Not repairing the roads would visibly save a lot of money, too. It's also partly departmental buck-passing I'd say: the agency spending the money isn't necessarily the one saving it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: October 29, 2016, 05:08:04 am »

Not repairing the roads would visibly save a lot of money, too. It's also partly departmental buck-passing I'd say: the agency spending the money isn't necessarily the one saving it.
Which is often why it gets put off(or seems to be given how often I see it crop up as a major concern in one place or another). But when that goes lacking, voters complain real hard, because the causal mechanism is clear. Not as much with rehab services.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8975 on: October 29, 2016, 06:55:37 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njN75nJdCAk
rich swpls picking on an african american woman just because of her beliefs

fucking agony to watch

And they're proud of it

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: October 29, 2016, 06:59:58 am »

NaCl!!!!!

I managed to lay my hands on some emergency supplies of salt
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: October 29, 2016, 07:27:54 am »

fucking agony to watch

And they're proud of it

I've seen that before and I heavily suspect it's faked.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8978 on: October 29, 2016, 08:03:35 am »

fucking agony to watch

And they're proud of it

why tho

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: October 29, 2016, 08:41:31 am »

33 interesting things on the ballot that aren't Clinton or Trump

My favorites/highlights:

9. Maine could become the US's first statewide experiment in ranked-choice voting. Too bad I don't live in Maine, heh.

13. Step towards direct democracy in also Liberal California.

Okay, I don't have too many highlights in it, but still a good read.

Oh and: 19. The Senate will almost certainly get its first biracial, and first Indian-American, woman. That being Kamala Harris of California. :D Didn't know she had a sister working for Clinton as one of her top policy advisors though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:47:01 am by smjjames »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:01 am »

fucking agony to watch

And they're proud of it

why tho

There's no ACTUAL violence going on there other than ripping up some signs. The fact that it's all going on right next to the damaged trump sidewalk star for maximum attention. The fact that she doesn't look homeless at all. Her basket is just filled with a bunch of folded up (clean) clothes. And her own clothes are clean and undamaged. Nice new sunglasses, nice impractical shoes, nice fresh painted toenails. She just kinda topples over for no reason and then just lays there for the remainder of the video. Video claimed "emergency services" had to be called for her. And then immediately suggests donating to her gofundme.

At the risk of stereotyping, I see homeless people every day. That's not what they look like. That's not what they sound like. This looks like someone who pulled the most "homeless looking thing" they had out of their closet, made up some signs, and went out there to get attention for whatever reason. I'd suggest that the people actually actively doing things to her. The ripping of the signs, the bumping into her, they're probably in on it as well.

Now, I have no proof of this, but it just screams fake to me.

EDIT: I also haven't seen this anywhere on this thread yet. Or even in the mainstream news. Not like it'll ruin her chances, not in THIS election... but it's still interesting.

http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:57:43 am by sluissa »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: October 29, 2016, 10:02:27 am »

EDIT: I also haven't seen this anywhere on this thread yet. Or even in the mainstream news. Not like it'll ruin her chances, not in THIS election... but it's still interesting.

http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/

Isn't the New York Observer a gossip/tabloid paper in the same way as the New York Post is a tabloid/gossip paper? Don't know anything about it's reputation though and may be confusing it with something from the UK.

But yeah, why the hell can't we stop playing games with other peoples elections? Really need to break that bad habit.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: October 29, 2016, 10:16:07 am »

Isn't the New York Observer a gossip/tabloid paper in the same way as the New York Post is a tabloid/gossip paper? Don't know anything about it's reputation though and may be confusing it with something from the UK.

But yeah, why the hell can't we stop playing games with other peoples elections? Really need to break that bad habit.

Reliability of the paper aside. That's pretty clearly audio of clinton speaking.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: October 29, 2016, 10:33:37 am »

Reliability of the paper aside. That's pretty clearly audio of clinton speaking.

Yeah... and it was in the context of Hamas winning the election. But still, even if it's some group we label a terrorist group, it shouldn't be condoned because we're playing double standard when we do that kind of thing.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Hamas rigged it themselves.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:36:19 am by smjjames »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: October 29, 2016, 10:54:54 am »

33 interesting things on the ballot that aren't Clinton or Trump

My favorites/highlights:

9. Maine could become the US's first statewide experiment in ranked-choice voting. Too bad I don't live in Maine, heh.

13. Step towards direct democracy in also Liberal California.

Okay, I don't have too many highlights in it, but still a good read.

Oh and: 19. The Senate will almost certainly get its first biracial, and first Indian-American, woman. That being Kamala Harris of California. :D Didn't know she had a sister working for Clinton as one of her top policy advisors though.
I love #9  I'm of the opinion that a ranked voting system is one of the biggest things that will get this country out of the rut it's in.  If maine picks it up hopefully the rest of the country will follow suit. 

I just need to keep that nagging voice in the back of my head quiet that keeps trying to tell me that nobody who is voting on that will know what it actually means and will vote against it on a 'change is bad' principle.   Seriously Maine bay 12 ers, look up what that means.  A ranked voting system will let you vote for who you actually want while still giving the finger to who you DON'T want.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:58:27 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1249