Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394873 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8865 on: October 27, 2016, 11:11:27 pm »

Clinton is considering Biden as her Secretary of State.
She has to at least consider him; he's already gotten a pretty sweet "Secretary of the State of Cool" tattoo and his buddy Big Jim has a really good map collection of the best bars in a number of foreign capitals.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: October 27, 2016, 11:19:12 pm »

Clinton is considering Biden as her Secretary of State.
She has to at least consider him; he's already gotten a pretty sweet "Secretary of the State of Cool" tattoo and his buddy Big Jim has a really good map collection of the best bars in a number of foreign capitals.

Who's 'Big Jim'?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: October 27, 2016, 11:32:20 pm »

Now who on earth is Redking going to argue with?
I will take on this grave responsibility.

Just let me get my armor and equipment rea- *FATALITY*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: October 27, 2016, 11:37:44 pm »

My dad believes that the polls are biased and that Clinton doesn't actually have a huge lead in the state we live in, and that I should vote for Trump instead of Johnson because it could actually make a difference and that our state will have a close win margin. I'm just like... dad... we're in California.

He doesn't even like Trump, he just hates Clinton so much it's becoming this self-reinforcing loop.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: October 27, 2016, 11:54:25 pm »

Even if I ignored Trump's controversy, lack of experience, and basically every single negative thing about him...

I don't think he would make a suitable president. His economic policies are very short term gains for substantial long term penalties. While others feel more vindictive moralization over well executed plans.

It is a very "Great economic tidings while I am president, but after the economy will toilet" policies.

As well his foreign policy is far too strict treating illegal immigrants as hardened criminals and legal immigrants as potential criminals.

But of course, I bet most voters didn't even know Trump HAS a economic policy set up :P

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8870 on: October 28, 2016, 12:00:06 am »

If Trump wins and a Dem wins 2020, then the toilet will be blamed on the Dem even if they didn't do anything.

dammit obama making my gas prices go up, with that magic lever on your desk and all
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: October 28, 2016, 12:01:41 am »

Last I paid attention (whch wasn't that long ago, but again, lying motherfucker with the consistency of a weathervane in a waterspout -- it's entirely possible he's spewing something else already) his economic policies aren't short term boosts, either, really. Maybe (but only maybe) will help some folks to some degree, but there's more than one or two parts to an economy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:37 am »

Protectionist trade policy only really works when there's industry left to protect, after all. At least it would fuck the multinationals, but that wouldn't exactly make things better now that they've already got their claws buried in the world economy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: October 28, 2016, 12:05:27 am »

My dad believes that the polls are biased and that Clinton doesn't actually have a huge lead in the state we live in, and that I should vote for Trump instead of Johnson because it could actually make a difference and that our state will have a close win margin. I'm just like... dad... we're in California.

He doesn't even like Trump, he just hates Clinton so much it's becoming this self-reinforcing loop.

The polls are probably biased. How much they're biased though, I don't know.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: October 28, 2016, 12:06:46 am »

Rather, he thinks bias in polls means that he can insert his own and it's fine despite the clearly visible California political atmosphere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: October 28, 2016, 12:13:27 am »

Protectionist trade policy only really works when there's industry left to protect, after all. At least it would fuck the multinationals, but that wouldn't exactly make things better now that they've already got their claws buried in the world economy.
Hell, we have industry, it just doesn't need more people or much in the way of protection. For all folks kvetch about manufacturing et al leaving the states, we're still one of the major world powerhouses there, and so far as I'm aware even our strictly domestic stuff has levels of productivity that could only uncharitably be called merely sky high and still rising. Can't do too much to fix that with protectionist policies.

Unless said policies involving taking sledgehammers to modern factories and infrastructure, I guess :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:34 am »

To be fair, there was a pretty clear visible difference in the Dem Primaries, and look at how that turned out. Then again, I can't imagine Trump getting in the way of Her Majesty's Coronation all that much, so it's unlikely to matter.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:43 am »

Last I paid attention (whch wasn't that long ago, but again, lying motherfucker with the consistency of a weathervane in a waterspout -- it's entirely possible he's spewing something else already) his economic policies aren't short term boosts, either, really. Maybe (but only maybe) will help some folks to some degree, but there's more than one or two parts to an economy.

Well ok... The Tariffs are a "All term loss" to admit.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: October 28, 2016, 12:41:59 am »

Dunno about that.

Certain level of transaction cost between countries can incentivize self-sufficiency in a country's markets.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: October 28, 2016, 12:55:43 am »

It doesn't usually work for smaller countries, but the idea is to have it so that a sufficient enough consumer base for a corporation exists such that it is less profitable for them to outsource, while still being more profitable to remain.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1249