Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395322 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8715 on: October 26, 2016, 07:27:45 pm »

Holy dysfunctionality, batman! I thought I was just kidding when I said the government would become emptied of judges due to Republican obstructionism.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: October 26, 2016, 07:46:48 pm »

538 article I was trying to look for, look at the chance of vacancies chart. It only went by death of SCOTUS judge, retirement of one is a lot harder to simulate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:48:28 pm by smjjames »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: October 26, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »

I hope they never repair it, not because I think Trump shouldn't have the star, but because it will make my photo with it all the more powerful.

I'd like to think that's what Don would want.

trump already kind of plays the martyr, with his standing against the machine and all

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:48 pm »

Holy dysfunctionality, batman! I thought I was just kidding when I said the government would become emptied of judges due to Republican obstructionism.

Democrats typically suffer in midterm years.  It's hard to tell liberal voters in swing states they want to go vote for a conservative democrat senator or governor at the top of the ticket.  You can only get them to vote for these guys if the presidential election gets them to the polls and they just vote straight down the ticket.

But if the republicans block all federal judicial nominations conservative democrats have their perfect issue to run on.  Talk all judges all the time.  Abortion?  Well I think we need to put a judge like Garland on the Supreme Court to decide that.  By the way, Garland was an Obama nominee.  (Yes, Garland will still be a nominee in this scenario).  Illegal immigration?  Well I bet Garland could solve that issue.  Black lives matter?  I'm sure they will once Garland is on the bench!

1) Raise taxes on the rich
2) Nominate Garland. (and after that nominate Obama for the next vacancy)

It's a message that gives meat to the base but plays great with swing voters in states like Missouri.  Hopefully it could keep the democratic midterm losses down to just a couple seats.  And given that gerrymandering loses effectiveness with each year since the redistricting democrats might even hope to pick up a few seats in the house.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: October 26, 2016, 08:58:43 pm »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:21:02 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: October 26, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »

Absolutely worth a watch.[/color]

Redwallzyl already posted that like 7 pages back. Also, CGPGrey has some good stuff.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: October 26, 2016, 09:22:00 pm »

Absolutely worth a watch.[/color]

Redwallzyl already posted that like 7 pages back. Also, CGPGrey has some good stuff.

I know, I've almost all of his, and this one bears repeating.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: October 26, 2016, 09:33:35 pm »

Truly need to find an extension that tells me the title of a Youtube video when I hover over a link to one. Description too, maybe.
That seems like a great idea, I found this on the old userscripts site but don't see one on greasyfork though I didn't check all permutations of search terms I tried the title from the old userscripts site: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

That one worked and it is AMAZING, though I'm still not clicking something UXLZ calls worth a watch, no offense mate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:37:01 pm by Max™ »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: October 26, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »

Truly need to find an extension that tells me the title of a Youtube video when I hover over a link to one. Description too, maybe.
That seems like a great idea, I found this on the old userscripts site but don't see one on greasyfork though I didn't check all permutations of search terms I tried the title from the old userscripts site: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

Didn't work though, so I'm not clicking something UXLZ calls worth a watch, no offense mate.

Dude, I said it was exactly the same thing that Redwallzyl posted like 7 pages back, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs&ab_channel=CGPGrey is the link btw.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: October 26, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »

Why is Megyn Kelly's fascination with sex national news? I've had CNN on mute all day and keep seeing this headline, but haven't bothered to actually listen to the story...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:25 pm »

Didn't work though, so I'm not clicking something UXLZ calls worth a watch, no offense mate.

Dude, I said it was exactly the same thing that Redwallzyl posted like 7 pages back, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs&ab_channel=CGPGrey is the link btw.
I didn't watch it then, but I don't need to click it now because of that AWESOME script. I love greasemonkey, letting me tell stupid website color schemes to fuck off, alter the size of my video players at will, completely block all those stupid fucking youtube annotations permanently, and even though I don't go there anymore, for those of you who do: fbpurity is a lifesaver because of all the control it gives back, so much so that you can't even say 'fbpurity.com' on there last time I checked.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »

its CGP grey.

entitled "The Rules for Rulers"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:47:44 pm by redwallzyl »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: October 26, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »

That doesn't explain as much as you seem to think. I go to youtube for music or cars or animals.

More importantly:

That extension is soooooooo amazing, god, how did I not know I needed this? Ispil, I will name my cat's first son after you!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: October 26, 2016, 10:00:26 pm »

That doesn't explain as much as you seem to think. I go to youtube for music or cars or animals.

More importantly:

That extension is soooooooo amazing, god, how did I not know I needed this? Ispil, I will name my cat's first son after you!

hes a super reputable member of the YouTube science and serious politics community with people like minute physics and Kurzgesagt. he also has about 2.5 million subscribers and that video when i watched it was number 7 trending, its now 45 not that i care about trending. the video itself is a breakdown of power politics in relation to dictatorships and democracy and how power is maintained largely referencing the book "The Dictator's Handbook". does that explain it? its also about 20 minutes long.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: October 26, 2016, 10:05:57 pm »

Is there an Android version?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1249