Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395262 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8685 on: October 26, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »

It is kinda breathtaking that his build has such a shrwed grasp of mechanics, but during the actual match, he's just flailing at the keys. With his tiny, tiny hands.

It's one of those "Great on paper" builds. Makes you wonder how it would have fared with a better player at the controls.

That's what happens when you pay for a max level character without ever playing the game to get there. Great potential but with no idea how to use what you've got.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8686 on: October 26, 2016, 04:44:41 pm »

Mm. And you, of course, never try to convince anyone of your viewpoint.
I argue my cases and whether they like them or not is up to them, I'm not gonna go and try alter their worldviews just to add to my religion
Fucking kekolytes man

Which is what proselytize means, essentially. To promote, persuade, recruit, or convince someone to join a cause. So very immoral. But I still don't think that's accurate for what I'm describing, where nothing is specifically being pushed. Rethinking your beliefs and looking into what else might be more accurate is a different matter than being persuaded to join a specific cause.
Not what proselytize means, literally. You are having a laff if you think preaching to people to join your morality is pushing nothing, ahahahaha

It is kinda breathtaking that his build has such a shrewd grasp of mechanics, but during the actual match, he's just flailing at the keys. With his tiny, tiny hands.
It's one of those "Great on paper" builds. Makes you wonder how it would have fared with a better player at the controls.
fukin nerds
presidential election sim 2016 is not mortal kombat, it's DF
At this rate a tiger-man is going to be the next mayor of USA

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: October 26, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »

fukin nerds
presidential election sim 2016 is not mortal kombat, it's DF
At this rate a tiger-man is going to be the next mayor of USA
tiger man have historically only been mayors when enslaved by elves, and good ones at that

is this some kind of racial commentary?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8688 on: October 26, 2016, 04:54:40 pm »

tiger man have historically only been mayors when enslaved by elves, and good ones at that
is this some kind of racial commentary?
Tree Stump will make Elves great again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: October 26, 2016, 05:13:34 pm »

Just to note: Sanders was trying to RP a Druid/Cleric as a "flawed but devoted healer" to make up for the fact that he spent all of his time grinding woodland creatures for 5 xp a pop in the middle of nowhere, he was smart to cash in on the Devoted Followers feat but he didn't invest enough in his background or spell like abilities to counter someone as min-maxed as Hillary with her Epic Rogue that she cross-classed long enough in Wizard to create the ultimate phylactery: a former US President.

If Sanders was smart he would have invested in Bear Form and gained the support of Putin via the Natural Allies trait, but instead he just kept buying obscure ideological backgrounds and pumping his Wis instead of his Int and Cha.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: October 26, 2016, 05:14:08 pm »

Question for the people advocating the institution of European-style systems in the US: Can the average European nation defend itself effectively against invasion by a foreign military power without American alliance support? If so, how?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: October 26, 2016, 05:18:49 pm »

That is a hell of a non sequitur.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: October 26, 2016, 05:19:24 pm »

If so, how?

By spending half the money that the US wastes on healthcare inefficiencies on the military so they can afford the latest military equipment.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8693 on: October 26, 2016, 05:30:35 pm »

Question for the people advocating the institution of European-style systems in the US: Can the average European nation defend itself effectively against invasion by a foreign military power without American alliance support? If so, how?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Military_Strength_Index
This wikipedia bullshit places 6 yurop nations in the top 20 mil strength of the world
This thing is the wikishit article, but more in depth. Explains how some countries like Poland or Germany are lower in the index because they lack power projection capabilities (they could not for example, attack a country far outside their borders, but they are more than capable of defending on their home turf).

Sweden:
*Will be defended to the last Finn
Britain:
*Island, navy e.t.c.
Germoney:
*Lacking external threats of its own, Germoney protects EU interests in eastern EU sphere with military
Poland:
*Subs and tanks
Switzerland:
*Country is a Dorf Fortress
Turkey:
*Kurds Jihadists must be dealt with after all
Italy:
*Needs a lot of work, but relative to the rest of the world bretty good

Obligatory
Spain and Greece would also be up there, as they usually punch far above their weight, but are kinda suffering due to the eurozone crisis still, Spain to a lesser extent. Countries like Estonia are tiny and would not be able to compete with their neighbours without outside help, so that is perhaps an unfair comparison

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:42 pm »

That is a strange index.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: October 26, 2016, 05:44:09 pm »

The one at the 'obligatory' link is even wierder. Like, what is it supposed to mean if Central African Republic has a score of 3.7343 vs the US score of 0.0897.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8696 on: October 26, 2016, 05:46:01 pm »

The one at the 'obligatory' link is even wierder. Like, what is it supposed to mean if Central African Republic has a score of 3.7343 vs the US score of 0.0897.
Smaller is better

A score of 0 would be the murderkube

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: October 26, 2016, 05:59:35 pm »

Smaller is better

A score of 0 would be the murderkube
So a honey badger taped to one paw of a polar bear and a wolverine taped to the other paw, with a container full of bees inside the stomach so it shoots bees when it roars, and dual miniguns worn in a backpack controlled by the same stuff as these paintball sentry guns?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: October 26, 2016, 06:03:13 pm »

Quote from: Comment section
Can it be programmed to differentiate targets based on color?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: October 26, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »

Quote from: Comment section
Can it be programmed to differentiate targets based on color?
1st: Dear god, why would anyone read youtube comments?

2nd: Granted it is a hilarious example of how awful they are, but dear god, why would anyone read youtube comments?
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1249