Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390755 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7875 on: October 20, 2016, 01:46:04 am »

Not trolling. In conversation terms it is trying to steer someone into saying something stupid to render their arguments moot.

I don't exactly know what this is called mind you.

So by being so polarizing against Hilary any defense comes off as blind devotion.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: October 20, 2016, 02:00:41 am »

Corrupt Status Quo > Burning the System down along with Everyone it's on Top of.

As the examples of what people tend to think each person is.

Unless you genuinely think Hillary's going to destroy free speech, because that won't cause riots or anything and cost her the power she's apparently so hungry for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: October 20, 2016, 02:25:40 am »

Corrupt Status Quo > Burning the System down along with Everyone it's on Top of.

that's so un-american.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:05 am »

Yeah, I don't like the situation in Syria but I do not believe much anything else could be done without making a bad situation even worse. We tried arming and training the rebels, we tried supplying them, we tried airstrikes, we tried no fly zones, we tried diplomacy multiple times. The Russians, Shias, Sunnis, practically every regional power with some interest in it. We've done what we could without effectively setting the stage for WW3. Still not sure it won't be the case due to those Russians the US hit in an airstrike. I didn't always feel this way but as the years have dragged on and I've watched thing after thing fail, I can't fault the Obama administration for not trying.

Nope, you did not try no fly zones. Every proposal towards a no fly zone has been vetoed by Russia.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: October 20, 2016, 03:49:04 am »

I dont call it a speakers fee, it is a speakers fee.  Can you name me a politician who doesn't do paid speeches?

It was a million dollars in fundraising for a CHARITY.  And that is not just okay, it's admirable.  Apparently you would rather that Bill Clinton be like George Bush and retire to paint shitty paintings then saving millions of lives.

You're watching too many bad debate. The -8 million was in 2001, as pointed by another poster, and that change nothing to my argument.

I couldn't find anything about European politician doing that kind of shit, thought Baroso's post with Goldman Sachs is obviously the same kind of corruption.
This is completely ridiculous, and if the exec in your companies accepted "donations" from a rival company.

And for your second point, of course that should be illegal. It would get you in prison in any European country.
He can do all the fund-raising he want for an organization that he doesn't control and doesn't give him any money back in return.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:21 am »

It would get you in prison in any European country.

LoL have you heard of italy?

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:58 am »

It would get you in prison in any European country.

LoL have you heard of italy?

Functioning European country.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: October 20, 2016, 05:38:18 am »

I couldn't find anything about European politician doing that kind of shit
Didn't look very hard did you?

I mean, I'm a Texan, we're some of the most proudly ignorant and stubborn 'Muricans you can find, and I know who Tony Blair is.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: October 20, 2016, 05:41:53 am »

I mean, I'm a Texan, we're some of the most proudly ignorant and stubborn 'Muricans you can find, and I know who Tony Blair is.

too late, he invoked 'no true Scotsman', it's super effective.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: October 20, 2016, 05:52:51 am »

My google-fu failed me...

Tell me, oh master of the google arcane secret, can you find the same for French and/or German politician, for this was an englishman and as we all know Englishmen are no Scots.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: October 20, 2016, 06:03:48 am »

Tell me, oh master of the google arcane secret, can you find the same for French and/or German politician, for this was an englishman and as we all know Englishmen are no Scots.

I googled German Political Corruption and this was result 2. Pretty much the same vein as the Clinton allegations:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causa_Wulff
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: October 20, 2016, 06:07:52 am »

I googled German Political Corruption and this was result 2. Pretty much the same vein as the Clinton allegations:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causa_Wulff

Well it did destroy his career and he should have been condemned.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: October 20, 2016, 07:46:31 am »

I used duckduckgo, so it would be the art of !banging, which I used my adeptness at google fu to master.

I wasn't looking for corruption though, just an example of a euro politician being paid fat stacks of cash for public speaking.

Trump is also in the crowd of "people who get paid to flap their lips", for the record.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:45 am »

You're watching too many bad debate. The -8 million was in 2001, as pointed by another poster, and that change nothing to my argument.

And remember, in 2008, Hillary's reported net worth was minus 8 millions dollars. Today, it's 31 millions dollars.

So you wrote the wrong thing and you are being belligerent towards me for reading your words?

European politicians get paid speaking fees.  And because you are now changing the date to 2001 it's also about book sales.  And European politicians sell books.

You keep saying "corruption" but it's without proof.  This is what in intellectually honest circles is called a "lie".
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: October 20, 2016, 08:20:18 am »

I used duckduckgo, so it would be the art of !banging, which I used my adeptness at google fu to master.

I wasn't looking for corruption though, just an example of a euro politician being paid fat stacks of cash for public speaking.

Trump is also in the crowd of "people who get paid to flap their lips", for the record.

I'm not pro-trump, I just want to break the monotony a bit here. He was paid to speak as a businessman before he was in politics I believe.

I find UK politics almost as repulsive as the US's though. I am actually pro-Brexit, because they are a thorn in the flank  of European construction.

And remember, in 2008, Hillary's reported net worth was minus 8 millions dollars. Today, it's 31 millions dollars.

So you wrote the wrong thing and you are being belligerent towards me for reading your words?

Yes, you're nitpicking.

European politicians get paid speaking fees.  And because you are now changing the date to 2001 it's also about book sales.  And European politicians sell books.

You keep saying "corruption" but it's without proof.  This is what in intellectually honest circles is called a "lie".

Apparently only British one, and they are fortunately out now.

Books sales are ok, speakers fee, especially huge speaker's fee are absolutely not ok. The fact that corruption in the US is institutionalised doesn't make it less harmful.

You cannot deny that your politicians are financed by wealthy private donors and foreign interest. They cannot ossibly succeed in politics without that money (or without being immensely wealthy themselves).

They receive, through their foundations, donations in the order of millions of dollars that they then control.

It's no wonder that the US have the weakest environmental rights, worker's rights and social right in the western world, given how your system work.

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1249