Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391091 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7725 on: October 19, 2016, 11:39:21 am »

What are her accomplishments?
What are her qualifications?
Seriously, this is your opportunity.. I'm always going to think she's an amoral power-hungry sociopath, but I'll say I was wrong, I'll say you were right, I'll say Hillary Clinton is somehow competent after all.

But as it stands, it's the laughable scenario where Hillary Clinton's best attribute is that she might be better than Trump. Likewise, Trump's best (and only) attribute is that he might be better than Hillary Clinton. The only person each could possibly win against is the other.
She's been fighting for children's rights more than three times as long you've been alive. When she was your age she had already figured out that pursuing a background in law and politics was the best way to help people who had no legal protection or even identity under the law, because even an activist needs some legal footing to stand on. She's also been fighting for women's rights, but as they had more standing than children, she felt it important to champion that cause. She's consistently done this over her entire career. Long after she was no longer a child.

Know what Trump has done the whole time? Chased after those kids as soon as they were of age, while leering at them beforehand.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:16 am »

Because somehow clarifying and saying, and I quote, "I am wrong" is just making excuses.

By the standard you set out for anyone saying Clinton isn't a liar, yes, that is exactly correct.

Personally I think your standard is wrong and you should just ditch the standard, realize that Clinton isn't dishonest and we can all have a group hug.

Sorry, I'd love that, it's not like I particularly enjoy arguments, but you have about the same chance of convincing me that Clinton isn't dishonest as you have of convincing Old Uncle Sam that Communism might have been a great idea after all. I will reiterate, I was wrong, she is not a liar, but she is incredibly deceitful and manipulative, as well as power-hungry and almost totally amoral (along with a dash of incompetence). In my view. I may be wrong. God forbid, I HOPE I am wrong, it would be freaking awesome if I was wrong. But I do not think that I am. I suppose we will ultimately see, one way or another.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:55 am »

So... mass riots across the country, which if not acted upon by the government, could easily result in civil war or anarchy.

Good plan, that one.

Die of cancer or pray the chemotherapy has an effect.

Your choice.

I'm off.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: October 19, 2016, 11:47:07 am »

God forbid, I HOPE I am wrong, it would be freaking awesome if I was wrong. But I do not think that I am. I suppose we will ultimately see, one way or another.

You made confident assertions without a shred of evidence to back them up.  Last time you did that you thought it was impossible you were wrong.  But you were wrong.  And you are equally wrong right now.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: October 19, 2016, 11:49:07 am »

I'm failing to think of a single way how would the current (admittedly, not ideal) election system be able to kill off USA.
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: October 19, 2016, 11:50:53 am »

ITT: People do Google research for someone who thinks asking questions constitutes participating in a conversation. It's not like Hilary Clinton's entire fucking political history isn't readily available for review.

But I guess it's easier to cynically bitch and act as though you've done your homework to form an opinion, than to actually do your homework.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: October 19, 2016, 11:54:07 am »

ITT: People do Google research for someone who thinks asking questions constitutes participating in a conversation. It's not like Hilary Clinton's entire fucking political history isn't readily available for review.

But I guess it's easier to cynically bitch and act as though you've done your homework to form an opinion, than to actually do your homework.
Plus skip over the post where I point out that she's been fighting for children's rights since the 60's, while Trump has been keeping track of how old those kids are so he can start dating them once he doesn't have a legal problem.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: October 19, 2016, 11:54:20 am »

So, third teaser for this weekend's SNL cold open Presidental debate is tonight. We gonna do the IRC chat again?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: October 19, 2016, 11:57:03 am »

Aw shoot and it's tabletop night for me!  I'll lurk the IRC anyway and share the log after.  Won't be able to join in the drinking though :P
Was a lot of fun last time.  Same channel should be fine, right?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: October 19, 2016, 11:58:28 am »

Aw shoot and it's tabletop night for me!  I'll lurk the IRC anyway and share the log after.  Won't be able to join in the drinking though :P
There's an IRC for this thread?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: October 19, 2016, 11:59:46 am »

There's an IRC for this thread?
OH SHIT, WE'VE GOT A BASS IN OUR NET, RED ALERT, STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT TBF!

Nah, it's for the debates I think.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: October 19, 2016, 12:02:05 pm »

Where is it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: October 19, 2016, 12:03:31 pm »

Server: irc.sorcery.net
Channel: #bay12debate

For people without an IRC client, there's this:
Syria
How does irc.sorcery.net #bay12debate sound?
Tell me how to use, and I will participate.

How do I get the Kiwi IRC to get to it?

http://sorcery.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=69 should work. It's got Kiwi embedded.

Mibbit also works- select SorceryNet as your server.
Click this link, put in #bay12debate as the channel.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: October 19, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »

Wait when is the debate? Shit.

EDIT: T-Minus six hours or so.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: October 19, 2016, 02:20:38 pm »

Ok explain this then :

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8396

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-26/what-we-know-about-wjc-llc-bill-clinton-s-consulting-company

One million dollars from Qatar for Bill's consulting company birthday. And remember, in 2008, Hillary's reported net worth was minus 8 millions dollars. Today, it's 31 millions dollars.
That's a lot of speaker fees.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:23:28 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1249