Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391600 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7680 on: October 19, 2016, 05:00:06 am »

Are you sure Clinton didn't eat a baby this morning?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: October 19, 2016, 05:02:41 am »

Maybe a small one.

Then again I guess the reason the Journalists told completely untrue stories about the Iraq war is because they were under contract that they couldn't tell the true story.

Hence why it took so long before we found out a lot of the war imagry such as the Statues being pulled down was a complete fabrication.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: October 19, 2016, 05:03:38 am »

Fairly sure. It wouldn't boost her odds of winning the election or increase her own personal wealth/influence, so I can't see why she'd bother.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: October 19, 2016, 05:06:35 am »

Fairly sure. It wouldn't boost her odds of winning the election or increase her own personal wealth/influence, so I can't see why she'd bother.

Because she is evil duhhh

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: October 19, 2016, 05:14:15 am »

Maybe a small one.

Then again I guess the reason the Journalists told completely untrue stories about the Iraq war is because they were under contract that they couldn't tell the true story.

Hence why it took so long before we found out a lot of the war imagry such as the Statues being pulled down was a complete fabrication.
Oooorrrr the somewhat more obvious "it brought in more viewers" thing. Journalists haven't exactly been known to be ethical pillars of the community for a long, long time, ha. Our entertainment news being what it is encourages some pretty poor behavior regarding accuracy and whatnot. Not much need for extra nonsense on top of that, the basic financial incentive (that has pretty much everything to do with the viewership and what swill they keep indicating they like to see) works just fine.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: October 19, 2016, 05:57:45 am »

Because she is evil duhhh

She isn't evil, evil implies an awareness of morality. She's more akin to a virus, mindlessly executing short strings of code in pursuit of an ultimate goal (accruing wealth and power, in her case.)
Hugging a puppy and eating a baby are appraised only on how they affect that end goal, morals never come into the equation outside of how other's morals affect their interpretations of her actions.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7686 on: October 19, 2016, 06:14:34 am »

She isn't evil, evil implies an awareness of morality. She's more akin to a virus, mindlessly executing short strings of code in pursuit of an ultimate goal (accruing wealth and power, in her case.)
Hugging a puppy and eating a baby are appraised only on how they affect that end goal, morals never come into the equation outside of how other's morals affect their interpretations of her actions.
Would you elect a well-trained komodo dragon to presidency?
Cons:
  • It would not have any understanding of morality
  • It would eat your baby
  • It is only focused on accruing personal power, growing larger and spreading its genes

Pros:
  • Lizard people connections
  • Strong foreign policy
  • Spits sick venomous diseased saliva to incapacitate foes

Most people would vote for the komodo dragon. So why not Hillary?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: October 19, 2016, 06:15:23 am »

You know... Why not vote Lizard people into office? I mean... I want a Space TV

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: October 19, 2016, 06:28:24 am »

I haven't seen anything in the emails that's a bigger scandal than the Russians attempting to influence the US elections through hacking. Especially since they're leaking blatantly personal information and SSNs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7689 on: October 19, 2016, 06:53:57 am »

I haven't seen anything in the emails that's a bigger scandal than the Russians attempting to influence the US elections through hacking. Especially since they're leaking blatantly personal information and SSNs.
I'm skimming through it, there is this hilarious zinger on Canada
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Context is back when Hillary's camp were planning to go versus Cruz, who is Canadian. Where is your birth certificate jokes x1000

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: October 19, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

Oh, yeah, totally a jet set mentality. I mean, both candidates are millionaires it isn't surprising. I don't see the collusion with the media that much. Sure, they're talking to the media a lot, but... Isn't that what campaigns are supposed to do? Like, their job is to get as many good stories as possible about their candidates out there. As long as they don't bribe journalists or the like....

When some journalist are pledging support, offer to get their story vetted or give question in advance you're well into the realm of collusion.

You won't have open bribing, or at least they don't need it : in the higher level of corruption you bribe by offering jobs, very well paid "conferences", or favours in the law.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: October 19, 2016, 09:42:49 am »

I think I should see if calling Americans Entitled because they don't like either presidential choice gets annoying or not.

I find it pretty damn annoying when americans they endlessly repeat how much they hate their choices.

The e-mail shown several case of SEVERE instance of collusion between media and politicians, the leaked Goldman Sach transcript should be pretty damning, (especially given that they have been involved in several BIG poltical/financial scandals).

Except that they dont show any wrongdoing.  Tiny detail that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47:25 am »

Let me know when there's a russian running for US president. Kthx.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: October 19, 2016, 09:53:25 am »

Let me know when there's a russian running for US president. Kthx.
Trump is so blatantly corrupt & lying into everyone's faces all the time that he may as well be de-facto a part of Russian government. Look, they even defend him in UN!
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: October 19, 2016, 09:55:04 am »

Look, they even defend him in UN!

Sometimes it feels like they are just phoning it in when it comes to coming up with a strategic vision.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1249