Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392304 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7575 on: October 18, 2016, 09:33:46 am »

God it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded sometimes back in the late 90's.
That's nothing, it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded just two years ago.
If it's alright to ask, how come something only 2 years ago seems embarrassing ? What can make such a change in a short time ?
A large number of various things happening in a sequential manner, such as:

Two years is also probably time enough to exit the tail end of puberty, which is probably about accurate from what I know of Sergarr's age.
I don't think I'm anywhere near the tail end of that, let's just leave it at that.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: October 18, 2016, 09:43:07 am »

You examined your beliefs which puts you waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: October 18, 2016, 10:04:17 am »

I think even Redking can agree completely with mainiac there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: October 18, 2016, 10:06:10 am »

Russia kind of has my immediate ire as a "I don't trust their government" with the whole "We will stomp free speech into the mud if it disagrees with us!" aspect.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: October 18, 2016, 10:15:35 am »

You examined your beliefs which puts you waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve.
The really funny thing about that is that I'm like halfway sure that it all started from me once hearing someone say that "arguments on Internet never change anyone's minds", and deciding to go fuck them over in the most direct manner by ever-so-slowly changing my mind after probably hundreds of arguments on the Internet.

Russia kind of has my immediate ire as a "I don't trust their government" with the whole "We will stomp free speech into the mud if it disagrees with us!" aspect.
It's kind of hard to see from the inside, though, especially if you're taught to be a very patriotic and upright citizen that believes in the truth of communistic thought and doesn't listen to the obvious falsehoods of those filthy Westerners.

I can't believe I was seriously like that just 3-4 years ago.
._.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: October 18, 2016, 10:15:45 am »

So what do you think of this late turn about Wikileaks been silenced by Dems? https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788369924175441920

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: October 18, 2016, 10:19:08 am »

Any and all stories about wikileaks can be explained that Wikileaks is full of shit and pushing a political agenda.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:27 am »

That they certainly are. I think Assange has recently been reposting tweets of Hillary being literally the devil. Not 100% sure, but he really hates her guts.

I mean, just the total lack of Wikileaks', well, leaks on Trump, a candidate who most certainly has a veritable army of skeletons marching in the closet, should be enough to convince anyone that they're not exactly impartial here.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:38 am »

Do you guys remember that naked Donald Trump protest art that got put up in NYC (I think it was NYC) a few months ago? Well, an artist put up a naked Hillary Clinton protest art statue in Manhattan this morning. The link itself doesn't have a video or pic of the statue itself, though it does have a link TO it. May have been the same artist, no idea.

So what do you think of this late turn about Wikileaks been silenced by Dems? https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788369924175441920

I don't see what Hillary has to do with FARC negotiations, unless she becomes president obviously.

Any and all stories about wikileaks can be explained that Wikileaks is full of shit and pushing a political agenda.

Yeah, and like I said, what does she have to do with the FARC negotiations anyway?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:24:22 am by smjjames »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

That they certainly are. I think Assange has recently been reposting tweets of Hillary being literally the devil. Not 100% sure, but he really hates her guts.

well she was on record asking to "drone" him, so there's that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: October 18, 2016, 10:32:28 am »

Sigh... http://www.snopes.com/julian-assange-drone-strike/
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: October 18, 2016, 10:35:33 am »

so the article source is her 'not recalling' telling it? she hasn't the best memory these days.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: October 18, 2016, 10:38:45 am »

Do you guys remember that naked Donald Trump protest art that got put up in NYC (I think it was NYC) a few months ago? Well, an artist put up a naked Hillary Clinton protest art statue in Manhattan this morning. The link itself doesn't have a video or pic of the statue itself, though it does have a link TO it. May have been the same artist, no idea.
WHY DID I CLICK, I KNEW IT WOULD HURT AND I DID IT, OH GOD THE DRUMPF ONE IS THERE TOO, MY EYEBALLS ARE MELTING

Lemme know when Kerry straight up tells Ecuador to hand him over, or marches in there with Obama and a squad of troops to take him out. Asking someone to do something isn't really scandalous, is it?

I mean, I'd expect representatives of Trump to do the same thing, though naturally Trump would then bitch about them trying to do that. "Can you believe they tried to keep people from talking about shit that I've done?" 'So, you admit you did it?' "What, no, what gave you that idea, Hillary did it!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: October 18, 2016, 10:45:21 am »

So... do you think people will go "Sexism is over because Hillary Clinton got elected"?

Because GOODNESS would the opposite kind of apply... I am not even sure if I'd even credit this as a knock against sexism but rather a grim reminder of how entrenched it is.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: October 18, 2016, 10:47:15 am »

so the article source is her 'not recalling' telling it? she hasn't the best memory these days.
"On record" usually means that there's a physical record which serves as an evidence.

Without it, it's Hillary's word vs an "unnamed source", and seeing just how many baseless lies are getting spread about Clinton by "unnamed sources"...

So... do you think people will go "Sexism is over because Hillary Clinton got elected"?

Because GOODNESS would the opposite kind of apply... I am not even sure if I'd even credit this as a knock against sexism but rather a grim reminder of how entrenched it is.
I, uh. Where did you hear that? I'm interested in ancient preserves of 100% naive people, and this sounds just like it!
._.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1249