Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392261 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7560 on: October 18, 2016, 01:17:35 am »

God it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded sometimes back in the late 90's.
That's nothing, it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded just two years ago.
well im embarrassed by this comment that im making right now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: October 18, 2016, 01:20:01 am »

I'm not sure what this whole tengent has to do with anything.
Project Veritas and O'Keefe are political operatives, and are still making videos trying to undermine Democrats in the election.

If people are citing the latest Project Veritas video as demanding attention, then it's entirely relevant to discuss the known history of the group's activities, because a strong pattern of fabricating scandals and provoking responses which are later taken out of context emerges. The fact that he tried to fabricate an incident slut-shaming a "liberal" journalist is relevant to whether we give this person the benefit of the doubt on bigger things. What he thinks people think pimps look like is also relevant to whether he's a complete idiot.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:29:25 am by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: October 18, 2016, 02:27:18 am »

God it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded sometimes back in the late 90's.
That's nothing, it's embarrassing thinking about how I sounded just two years ago.
well im embarrassed by this comment that im making right now
Well now I'm going to make us all embarrassed as a species.

Ready for the most cringeworthy shit you will (hopefully) ever see?

I don't even wait, I just start kissing.

I'm embarrassed for Trump here in some fashion, but good for the little girl on the evasion, she's gonna make a pro ninja later on when she levels up.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: October 18, 2016, 03:12:31 am »

If it's alright to ask, how come something only 2 years ago seems embarrassing ? What can make such a change in a short time ?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: October 18, 2016, 03:19:25 am »

If it's alright to ask, how come something only 2 years ago seems embarrassing ? What can make such a change in a short time ?

I can assure you that it can take mere seconds to radically alter one's worldview, but it usually involves severe shock of some kind.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7565 on: October 18, 2016, 03:20:40 am »

Two years is also probably time enough to exit the tail end of puberty, which is probably about accurate from what I know of Sergarr's age.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: October 18, 2016, 03:42:49 am »

He turned 12, and is embarrassed by what a dweeb he was at age 10. I mean, he didn't even know half the Pokemon.

j/k

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: October 18, 2016, 04:06:42 am »

I don't even wait, I just start kissing.

I'm embarrassed for Trump here in some fashion, but good for the little girl on the evasion, she's gonna make a pro ninja later on when she levels up.

Whenever politicians start cuddling children as part of their political campaign, I cannot help but be reminded of Hitler. It is so disgusting.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: October 18, 2016, 05:01:05 am »

Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
https://www.rt.com/tags/the-julian-assange-show/

Also he's been hiding in that embassy for 6 years because he doesn't want to face a rape charge in Sweden. I haven't seen any evidence of US involvement in that.

I felt the need to drag this up from several pages ago (but not even 12 hours! Seriously guys, if you're going to have all the discussions in the middle if the night I don't even...) to add that he's not even facing charges or arrest yet. So far he's only been called to a hearing.
Love, scriver~

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: October 18, 2016, 05:41:44 am »

Moreover, some Snowden documents published in 2014 show that the United States government put Assange on the "2010 Manhunting Timeline",[137] and in the same period they urged their allies to open criminal investigations into the editor-in-chief of WikiLeaks.[138] In the same documents there was a proposal by the NSA to designate WikiLeaks as a "malicious foreign actor", thus increasing the surveillance against it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange#US_criminal_investigation

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: October 18, 2016, 05:48:38 am »

I've seen mainstream documentaries into the Assange charges, and they're kinda bizarre in the way they're structured. As in, things which wouldn't be considered rape in most other countries, and they put out an INTERPOL Red Notice to get Assange, literally days after the original criminal complaint. Which is just not normal for a minor crime. EDIT: So he has some good reasons to suspect something is seriously up with all that.

Also, the MO described in both cases was extremely similar, the women both knew each other, yet in the 6 years since then, not one other woman has made allegations against Assange. If he did what was described to two women within days of each other, it'd basically have to be a normal part of what he did. You don't suddenly act like that. Yet, worldwide, not one other woman has corroborated their description of how Assange acts in the last 6 years.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:15:02 am by Reelya »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: October 18, 2016, 07:10:00 am »

I doubt it was normal.  He was probably under severe surveillance as they were looking for anything to nail him with.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:38 am »

Hmm we really don't have a thread for this, but someone from Democracy Now who filmed a North Dakota oil pipeline protest is being charged with "riot", and another film-maker who was filming a protest is being charged with "conspiracy". The specific charges she's been hit with have a maximum possible sentence of 45 years.
https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/15/multi-media-journalists-face-jail-time-for-reporting-on-north-dakota-pipeline-protest/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:26:17 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: October 18, 2016, 08:21:20 am »

Is this news from the US or from Turkey? Sounds more like what you would hear from Turkey.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: October 18, 2016, 09:12:32 am »

Is this news from the US or from Turkey? Sounds more like what you would hear from Turkey.

Remember that the reporter is being "charged" with conspiracy not sentenced and it hasn't even seen court yet.

And while Conspiracy is often a BS charge anyway... If all the person did is film the protest then it will be thrown out... AND it isn't impossible she did more then the article is letting on anyhow (it is possible the police are charging her under strong grounds that she likely set up the riot)

As well the "As high as 45 years in prison" is the maximum and there are a LOT of crimes that actually have a significant minimum and maximum... and because "Conspiracy" covers a lot of ground including "Conspiracy to commit murder"... The maximum being higher then "Riot" is not surprising.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:17:41 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1249