Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392630 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7500 on: October 17, 2016, 06:33:43 pm »

So now that there are armed guards watching Hillary supporters to make sure they don't cheat...

Hmmm...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:42 pm »

The question mark was the dead giveaway, actually, smj. I don't think I've met a native english speaker that does the space before the ?. Never really got around to figuring out which language it's being inherited from, though... know french is at least one of them, from talking with ToME's dev, but not sure what others.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:55 pm »

Uhuh, is it going to be CNN ? Or maybe ABC or MSNBC right ? You people are being willingly ignorant and it's sad.

So is Big Bang Theory
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: October 17, 2016, 06:36:04 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Clearly all the emails are fabricated by Putin to get Trump elected because Russia is oh so scared by Nato and America.
We've seen RT, the "Trolls From Olgino" and, unless WADA are telling their own fibs, manipulation of the Fancy Bears 'releases' as an obvious progresion in the way the state machinery is pushing its agendas through the stateless Internet.

I'm not saying that the only Web Brigades are Russian (or Russian-inspired/hired), but there's definite evidence of something, and trivial interference in hacktivist-type activitites is not something that would be skirted around as beyond the pale.

Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
Sealed insixe by which corrupt government?  (And hardly sealed inside. His choice. Apparently his web access has been cut, now, but that's just a smuggled smartphone away from being overcome, without even the tacit approval of the doubtless politically-pressurised Equadorians...  Making everybody fairly happy.)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: October 17, 2016, 06:48:18 pm »

I took a look at his profile for no particular reason and his timezone is anywhere BUT the US. Not to mention saying his saying 'your' rather than 'our' government.

Simply making an observation here.

Also, it wasn't THE republican HQ, it was an office in NC.
Xeron's Romanian, iirc.

So apparently today is World Trump Day, wherein people everywhere else chime in on how Crooked Hillary must be stopped because...something something we didn't get to that part yet.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:49:57 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: October 17, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »

Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
https://www.rt.com/tags/the-julian-assange-show/

Also he's been hiding in that embassy for 6 years because he doesn't want to face a rape charge in Sweden. I haven't seen any evidence of US involvement in that.

Actually, he won't stand trial in Sweden because Sweden refuse to guarantee that they won't extradite  him to the US after the trial. Fairly sure he's offered to go several times if they'll make that assurance, but they won't bite.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: October 17, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Clearly all the emails are fabricated

See this right here is the problem.  There is an explanation that is true but that has a lot of details.  You however dont want a lot of details.  So instead you create a single huge assumption that would require no details.

Likewise your explanation that the election is rigged is a nice simple single assumption that explains everything.  It's also a nice simple single assumption that is really, really stupid.

Actually, he won't stand trial in Sweden because Sweden refuse to guarantee that they won't extradite  him to the US after the trial. Fairly sure he's offered to go several times if they'll make that assurance, but they won't bite.

Oh so all they need to do is break a bunch of treaties and politicize their criminal justice system.  Gee, what a great offer he is making.  I wonder why they dont accept.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:13:56 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: October 17, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »

Kellyanne Conway says that Trump will accept the outcome if there is no 'overwhelming evidence of fraud'.

Only problem is, Trump seems to be in an entirely different reality from his staff and VP, so, the question I've gotta ask is, 'legally proveable evidence or 'evidence' in the sense of accusations with no evidence to back it up besides conspiracy theories?'

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: October 17, 2016, 07:17:08 pm »

I still find it amazing that people will claim that an election that hasn't happened yet is going to be rigged, with no evidence. I guess they're just following Trump's example of not caring about the truth at all.
It's not legally possible to give an assurance like that - international law means they'd have to assess any extradition request based on its merit. That said it would be a lot easier for the US to extradite him from the UK than Sweden if they wanted to go that route since they have a very favourable deal with the UK and none with Sweden.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: October 17, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

'Overwhelming evidence of fraud' = Trump lost

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: October 17, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Clearly all the emails are fabricated

See this right here is the problem.  There is an explanation that is true but that has a lot of details.  You however dont want a lot of details.  So instead you create a single huge assumption that would require no details.

Likewise your explanation that the election is rigged is a nice simple single assumption that explains everything.  It's also a nice simple single assumption that is really, really stupid.
Well, that is the principle behind Occam's razor. The simpler, the better. People forget it's a guideline, though. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: October 17, 2016, 07:26:19 pm »

That is not the principle behind Occams Razor.  Occams razor is not just about the fewest assumptions but also the smallest assumptions.  I can explain a lot of things by assuming magic.  Occams razor doesn't say "always assume magic".
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: October 17, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »

I think these implications of fraud are mostly a case of Trump getting back to his roots, and by that I mean safeguarding his brand. It's significantly more beneficial post-election for Trump to be associated with a "controversial" presidential bid than a simply "failed" presidential bid, and the incredible amount of free advertising he's gotten will be followed by decades more as people continue to bring this election up.

I'm sure there'll also be some further loss of confidence in our government, which personally I'm ambivalent about. The vague belief that the election results are rigged by some sort of blatant fraud is obviously false, but maybe some of that misplaced distrust will find its way toward the areas where the system actually is poorly designed and failing (like congressional districts and to a lesser extent the electoral college).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: October 17, 2016, 07:37:16 pm »

Guys, we just got wake up, sheeple'D by Xeron here! Check your bingo cards.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7514 on: October 17, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »

Dear DNC:

I have long supported reasonable gun regulation, but I know that any attempt to actually reduce the number of guns in the country would be met with open rebellion.

Therefore, I believe it is time to stop pandering to our base, and rather extend an olive branch to the Republican base while the GOP is in disarray.

Announce that gun control will be forevermore removed from the Democratic agenda. "The people have spoken," you will say, "and we have listened."

Yes, some liberal Democrats will be offended. What are they going to do? Vote Green? Yes, some republicans have actually fossilized in the act of voting Republican and will continue to write in "Regan" every four years as long as their heart pills keep going. Ignore them; they are untouchable.

I believe that every other issue, including abortion, is negotiable. Bring the gun nuts on your side, or at least let them choose, and you will have a super-majority of the states. Texas will be a new California. All you have to sacrifice is a little bit of political crowing every time a mass shooting happens in the media, and between the frequency of shootings and the current level of entrenchment, the "I told you so" boost is trivially small. Maybe we can use our new political clout to enact, say, comprehensive mental health reform. Wouldn't that be nice?

Sincerely,
PTTG, Bay Watcher.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:43:22 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1249