Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393069 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7305 on: October 16, 2016, 07:07:31 pm »

People always care about the man.  Unless it's a pedophilia charge.

Honestly if you wanted to screw someone over that's the way to do it.  The flimsiest pedophilia charge will mess up someones reputation more then any rape charge.

If you use up everything you don't have something new to drop when people are starting to forget the last batch happened, or for if whoever you've got the material on tries to run again in a cycle or three.

Think about what this actually means though.  You are saying dozens of women are in cahoots with the clinton campaign to go public on cue.  And that makes them liars for saying that their real motives are different.

It's like false flag operations.  Sure the motivation is there but just because the motivation is there doesn't mean it isn't outlandish.

They have a lot of powerful people protecting them, too.

They do?  The woman in the link I posted.  Who exactly is protecting her and what form is the protection taking?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: October 16, 2016, 07:07:54 pm »

Confused here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37673797

What polls is Trump talking about as having closed? It's still October 16th in the US, right now, not November 23rd 8th, I'm fairly sure...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: October 16, 2016, 07:10:55 pm »

Honestly if you wanted to screw someone over that's the way to do it.  The flimsiest pedophilia charge will mess up someones reputation more then any rape charge.
Which makes it all the more 2016 that Trump is being prosecuted for the sexual assault of a 13-year old right now, and for some reason even Hill Dawg isn't talking about it. Weird shit.
Confused here...

What polls is Trump talking about as having closed? It's still October 16th in the US, right now, not November 23rd 8th, I'm fairly sure...
Trump: POLLING PLACES CLINTON FOUNDATION REVOLUTION INVICTUS INVICTUS!

Pence: *staring rock steady into the camera, lopsided smile* We will absolutely accept the results of the election...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: October 16, 2016, 07:12:02 pm »

Confused here...

I believe that is "polls are close" not "polls are closed".

Which makes it all the more 2016 that Trump is being prosecuted for the sexual assault of a 13-year old right now, and for some reason even Hill Dawg isn't talking about it. Weird shit.

Because she isn't an inhuman monster?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: October 16, 2016, 07:12:15 pm »

I am going to side with dignity and say that even Hilary finds that too appalling to use as mud.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: October 16, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »

They do?  The woman in the link I posted.  Who exactly is protecting her and what form is the protection taking?
Gee I think maybe Trump has powerful enemies with a vested interest in protecting and supporting the people accusing him?

And it's terrible that such things result in profit, but they do.  Book deals and interviews.  It confuses the issue because it provides an incentive to do something they're probably eager to do for free, once they feel safe.

The reason they feel safe is that Trump is in the spotlight, and has powerful enemies.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: October 16, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

Gotta be honest with you here, I see absolutely no line in the sand between the Trump Tapes, the pageant accusations, and that case. I don't believe any moral justification would keep a politician from exploiting something like that, but I also don't see any way it could blow back to the Clinton campaign aside from people harassing the victim.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:41 pm »

I believe that is "polls are close" not "polls are closed".
Ok, so that makes more sense. But I actually just spent half an hour checking up the details about the election to double-check that I hadn't missed some sort of post-primary/pre-national voting stage...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: October 16, 2016, 07:18:10 pm »

Gee I think maybe Trump has powerful enemies with a vested interest in protecting and supporting the people accusing him?

I asked very specific things.  Sometimes we ask very specific things because the very specific questions are very illuminating.

Which specific people are protecting this woman and what form is the protection taking?

Gotta be honest with you here, I see absolutely no line in the sand between the Trump Tapes, the pageant accusations, and that case. I don't believe any moral justification would keep a politician from exploiting something like that, but I also don't see any way it could blow back to the Clinton campaign aside from people harassing the victim.

1) The victim was 13.  That alone is reason to keep things lower profile
2) The victims in the adult cases came forward voluntarily
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: October 16, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »

Think about what this actually means though.  You are saying dozens of women are in cahoots with the clinton campaign to go public on cue.  And that makes them liars for saying that their real motives are different.

It's like false flag operations.  Sure the motivation is there but just because the motivation is there doesn't mean it isn't outlandish.
Uh, no, not saying that. Or not intending to, anyway. If there were accusations of that sort to be made it would be at the folks doing oppo research, not the women in question. The women (or a small subset of them, maybe even just one) wouldn't have to be in cahoots for the dirt grubber to be aware they're there (or at least have an idea of where to look they haven't tapped out, yet) and ready to get dug up and let loose. More victims popping up after the first steps up is a fairly well known phenomena.

That said, I do rather imagine stuff like the assault accusations isn't something they'd sit on. The tapes from years back, the piled up records of negative actions, that sort of thing, is the stuff that gets doled out instead of dropped like a hammer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: October 16, 2016, 07:20:39 pm »

I can see why you wouldn't do so morally. But politics is divorced from all that. It's an absolute killshot if people focus on Trump doing it instead of Clinton bringing it up, and it's a cold day in hell when politics ignores powerful dirt.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: October 16, 2016, 07:22:40 pm »

The women (or a small subset of them, maybe even just one) wouldn't have to be in cahoots for the dirt grubber to be aware they're there

They would actually.  Because their story is that they never talked about this.  So they would have to be liars to make this true.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: October 16, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »

Ah, except not? At least not for some of them. Know at least one mentioned they had talked to other people after the event(s), family and whatnot. That's all it takes, due to the whole people talking thing. Once you've got that thread you can start pulling others until stuff starts falling out.

Though that said, at least one of the sexual assault accusations were what I'm pretty sure is public knowledge; it was involved in a lawsuit years back. That's the sort of thing a researcher coming across would lead them to start poking around other potential sources.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: October 16, 2016, 07:30:29 pm »

Though that said, at least one of the sexual assault accusations were what I'm pretty sure is public knowledge; it was involved in a lawsuit years back. That's the sort of thing a researcher coming across would lead them to start poking around other potential sources.

Okay that sounds a lot more plausible.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1249