Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388432 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6615 on: October 11, 2016, 11:14:10 am »

Sorry Lincoln, dunno how it ended up like... this, probably the lack of beards.

He supported a lot of really stupid shit, but man in hindsight McCain was a goddamn class act.
“When Mr. Trump attacks women and demeans the women in our nation and in our society, that is a point where I just have to part company,” McCain said in the debate. “It’s not pleasant for me to renounce the nominee of our party. He won the nomination fair and square. But this is – I have daughters. I have friends. I have so many wonderful people on my staff. They cannot be degraded and demeaned in that fashion.”

I also liked him pointing out "look, you wanna attack me, you aim it right here, not at our troops" after the "I like ones who don't get captured" bit.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:20:41 am by Max™ »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: October 11, 2016, 11:29:53 am »

At the age of 164, the Republican party died today after long illness. It is survived by its heir, the Libertarian Party, and its illegitimate child, the Tea Party.

'Unshackled Trump' and 'Trump, Unbound' sound like some kind of movie titles don't they?

Anyways, wikileaks dropped a third set of emails this morning. Nothing bombshell worthy and all it seems to do is answer the question of 'How does Hillary's campaign's internal clockwork work?'.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/wikileaks-third-podesta-emails-229590

http://www.politico.com/live-blog-updates/2016/10/john-podesta-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-000011

One of them is that Warren tried to influence Clintons picks for adminstration staff (cabinet positions, WH staff, etc) : http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/podesta-wikileaks-hack-elizabeth-warren-clinton-229607

I wonder when they get so frustrated at the leaks having no effect that they decide to drop all of them because 'surely theres SOMETHING damning in there!', according to them that is.

He seems to be supporting trump while in the same breath not supporting him. But LePage, is, you know, LePage....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:43:16 am by smjjames »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: October 11, 2016, 11:41:20 am »

Hey, don't you disparage their efforts, see, I just caught on to the whole thing.

Trump somehow figured out to take flaming wreckage in a smoking crater, and crash it again, so wikileaks is pushing out a bunch of boring fluff to serve as fire suppressant, lord knows that hairpiece has got to be flammable.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: October 11, 2016, 12:17:08 pm »

So has the Republican party officially burst into flames? 
The wild flailing and bloodcurdling screaming is the next step.  Other stuff might catch on fire in that mess, causing a bloody inferno.  Then, the smoldering as the energy to even groan in pain leaves the body and finally sweet release. 

In its place new political parties will come of it and vie for dominance... cause in the end, there can only be two.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: October 11, 2016, 12:21:30 pm »

Let's put it this way: Remember the Tea Party/Establishment Civil War everybody was talking about back during the default crisis?

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: October 11, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »

I'unno about official but it's definitely on fire to a fair extent. Possibly the most amazing thing to me is that these last few days may have been the most spineless I've ever seen the GOP -- trump's actually outright attacking them and they're rolling out lines claiming a great relationship. Individual republicans are telling trump to shove it but the party itself/its upper ranks appears to be just kinda' bending themselves over and parting cheeks.

This keeps up and they're going to have to change the party color to yellow >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: October 11, 2016, 12:24:15 pm »

TRUMP HAS ESCAPED THE GOP SHACKLES AND S ENTERNG HIS FINAL FORM, MEGATRUMPON EX!

(Final Fantasy music plays)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:10 pm »

Trump's basically untouchable as long as the Zodiac Killer is working for him.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: October 11, 2016, 12:32:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: October 11, 2016, 12:34:58 pm »

CLEANSED
No. No, you take that and you get right the hell out. Kefka is a thousand times the man trump is, and to link the two even tangentially is an ethical abomination.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: October 11, 2016, 01:27:58 pm »

I'unno about official but it's definitely on fire to a fair extent. Possibly the most amazing thing to me is that these last few days may have been the most spineless I've ever seen the GOP -- trump's actually outright attacking them and they're rolling out lines claiming a great relationship. Individual republicans are telling trump to shove it but the party itself/its upper ranks appears to be just kinda' bending themselves over and parting cheeks.

This keeps up and they're going to have to change the party color to yellow >_>
Does kinda bring up the question of what colors the two sides will use to identify themselves. Can't have a good civil war without easy color coding. Blue/Grey, White/Red, etc.

Actually, White/Red might work here, though for different reasons. Red for the Establishment because they already own it, and White for the Trumpenkorps because...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: October 11, 2016, 03:06:20 pm »

What is the level of Tea Party support for Trump out there? Because until now I haven't seen a lot of names in support of him. Correct me if I'm wrong but my general interpretation was that Cruz was the Tea Party hopeful, and his endorsement of Trump was a last minute, lame concession to staying relevant in this cycle.

The Tea Party might attack the Republican Party...but only if Trump wins or, if enough of what Trump represents survives his defeat to then wed itself to the Tea Party and it goes on full attack during the next House and Senate races.

Because right now I see the Trump campaign as a hand grenade filled with shit that establishment Republicans are trying to lock in a metal box to contain the blast come election day. Donald Trump "unleashed" and "declaring war on the GOP" doesn't really mean anything in and of itself. Donald Trump would go to war on himself if he thought it would help him. The real question is whether the rest of the country decides they're also going make war on the GOP and that their votes are up for grabs for the first maniac that asks for them the right way. (Sorry maniac.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:08:29 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: October 11, 2016, 03:27:58 pm »

Trump's relation to the Tea Party is kind of weird, especially considering the one Cruz had. I think that Trump is the ultimate culmination of Tea Party interests, the visage of that famous protestor from back in 2010 or so who had a sign calling Obama a monkey. Cruz picked up on that and used it, but I think Trump just sort of is that.

Nate Silicone's analysis of the GOP put Trump outside of all the groups, and I think that's accurate. He's a true bohemian, and if anything is forming his own Trumpian bubble intersecting with the Tea Party and Religious Right. It's an organizational form of outrage and revanchism beyond what the Tea Party ever accomplished. America is being used by other countries. America is getting bad deals on the international market. America is being weakened from within by the established politicians. Islam is trying to destroy us, Europeans are trying to destroy us, Mexicans are trying to destroy us. I don't know if the Trumpian bubble will last. It's certainly got some proto-fascist tendencies to it which are always ready and waiting to be exploited, but in the all likelihood that Trump loses the election there's no telling.

If Trump disavows the results and claims the election was rigged I think it might well survive as the new far-right fringe while the last of the Religious Right calcifies into obscurity.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1249