Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388613 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6555 on: October 10, 2016, 05:23:47 pm »

Also, Nigel Farage compared Trumps debate performance as like that of a silverback gorilla. I can't tell if he meant it in a positive or a negative way.
I was gonna make a comment about prosecutors but wtf when did you guys steal Farage, give him back, he's not supposed to be making trump harambe memes in USA he should be making dank memes in UK
We are America. Lower your borders and deactivate your sovereignty. Your cultural and culinary distinctiveness will be assimilated and added to our own.

Resistance is futile, mate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6556 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »

We are America. Lower your borders and deactivate your sovereignty. Your cultural and culinary distinctiveness will be assimilated and added to our own.

Resistance is futile, mate.
Assimilation will be allowed only if Trump goes full Putin with Erdogan and they all have shirtless oil wrestling in Ankara to signify the rise of rainbow amerikkka

Also guys have this thing from 2015 al jazzy in regards to the abysmally low voter turnout in american land
Either party could win based off gorillioning this untapped pool of disillusioned americans

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:11 pm »

Also guys have this thing from 2015 al jazzy in regards to the abysmally low voter turnout in american land
Either party could win based off gorillioning this untapped pool of disillusioned americans

Except that would involve dumping the status quo and that isn't happening any time soon. At least not likely with Clinton.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6558 on: October 10, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »

Except that would involve dumping the status quo and that isn't happening any time soon. At least not likely with Clinton.
Obama hope hype did it without actually needing to accomplish much
Self-defeating prophecy innit, if you think it can't be done the illusion of democracy will never be brought back to so many americans, thus they remain disillusioned

Also African American gets rekt for being part of Bill Clinton fan club

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »

So, more of Podestas emails have been released http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics/podesta-emails-wikileaks/index.html However, if the highlights are anything to go by, seems rather mundane....

Plus Wikileaks has been accused of being a Putin shill, so.... take as you will?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6560 on: October 10, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »

I think they're supporting Trump because they think he will be a font of incompetency and will make leaks easier.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

Yeah, wikileaks was named as part of Putin's attempt to mess with the election. Which isn't surprising if you've seen their twitter feed lately; full steam ahead pro-trump anti-clinton, with antisemitism and other alt-right tropes thrown in for spice.

Which is also why all these recent "leaks" have been toothless. When information is *actually* leaked by someone who wants to get the information out there, that sorta self-selects for juicy tidbits. When it's just the Russian government hacking anything they can get their hands on, it's all just gigabytes of mundane garbage.

Though that said, it's also been notable that several of the cases of hacked information have been modified in some ways, such as the files on WADA. So I would be quite surprised if there isn't some attempt to invent heinous allegations a week or two before the election and pass it off as "leaks" too quickly for it to be debunked and investigated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:23:54 pm by alway »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: October 10, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »

Obama hope hype did it without actually needing to accomplish much
Self-defeating prophecy innit, if you think it can't be done the illusion of democracy will never be brought back to so many americans, thus they remain disillusioned
There's a quote I still have never found again to be able to quote more accurately than this: "The pessimistic man is never surprised by the ill he sees in the world; it simply confirms his previous beliefs. The optimistic man, however, is injured and surprised by every wrong, and given fire by them, and it is for this reason that only an optimist may change the world."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: October 10, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

I think they're supporting Trump because they think he will be a font of incompetency and will make leaks easier.

It's possible that is some of their reasoning, but Assanage has made it no secret that he is anti-Clinton.

Googled News'd a bit and got these: http://www.politico.com/live-blog-updates/2016/10/john-podesta-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-000011

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks.html

There's nothing remotely damaging, except to Republicans. I'm not sure what in those leaks would change my mind on Clinton, probably would have to be worse than what Trump has done. edit: Probably nakedly, brazenly, and proveably, breaking the law, but something THAT horrible came out, she'd probably be forced to end her campaign.

I did see some wierd stuff about 'UFO messages', but didn't look at those articles.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:53:25 pm by smjjames »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: October 10, 2016, 07:49:45 pm »

Assimilation will be allowed only if Trump goes full Putin with Erdogan and they all have shirtless oil wrestling in Ankara to signify the rise of rainbow amerikkka
[/quote]
I can't be the only one who wants to read this slashfic
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: October 10, 2016, 07:52:56 pm »

Damn. Looks like some folks that spend a lot of time in locker rooms weren't happy with that comparison. Not exactly surprised, but that's definitely the most aggressive condemnation I've seen so far, which is... impressive, in its own way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:56:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: October 10, 2016, 07:55:43 pm »

Your url needs to be fixed.

hell, I played a couple years with a guy who later turned out to be a serial rapist. Even he never talked like that.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: October 10, 2016, 08:10:41 pm »

Can't really blame him for being anti-Clinton considering she wants to drone him, though.

How many times will you post conspiracy theories that are false with no remorse?

You bear a small but real personal responsibility for the decline in civility of american political discourse when you spread lies and slander of this nature.  If you were a good person you would be deeply, deeply ashamed right now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:14:07 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: October 10, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »

It's possible that is some of their reasoning, but Assanage has made it no secret that he is anti-Clinton.

Can't really blame him for being anti-Clinton considering she wants to drone him, though.

As for Kluwe, didn't he get in hot water some time ago for admitting to being aware of a statutory rape and not reporting it? Seems rather hypocritical of him to be saying.... well, anything now, really. Given the jokes he's made himself, it seems particularly ironic that he's now attacking Trump for his comments.

She appears to have forgotten that he is holed up in an embassy, in the territory of one of our allies.

Somehow she is still less-worse than Trump even with that :P

Also, Kluwe isn't the first or only person to speak out against that particular characterisation of 'locker room talk'

How many times will you post conspiracy theories that are false with no remorse?

You bear a small but real personal responsibility for the decline in civility of american political discourse when you spread lies and slander of this nature.  If you were a good person you would be deeply, deeply ashamed right now.

I think you screwed up the quote there. Pretty sure you did.....

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:03 pm »

Yes, I didn't include the important part in the original quote.  The drone thing is the conspiracy theory.  Probably spread because of the projectionist nature of right wingers.  Having put all their chips behind a two bit wanna be authoritarian they desperately need to pretend that Clinton is a worse authoritarian.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1249