Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388746 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6525 on: October 10, 2016, 03:57:20 pm »

First off Max, can I... can I give you a hug?
Bring it in, or give it to someone who needs it more.

Second:
Do any of you thinking about supporting Trump, or who know people who are/will, for any reason believe that "the party of wholesome american christian family values" should be handing more power to someone who quite happily used the power he already had to do the shit he brags about doing to young women?

That is the best and most succinct indictment of the Republican party I've ever heard. Someone should shout that out from the rooftops all across the country.
That's what's been most surreal to me, the abortion whackjobs, the efforts to roll back rights for anyone who isn't a straight white christian male, the ridiculous idea that cutting taxes (which pay for the infrastructure and economic multipliers which allow a middle class to exist) will "help the working stiffs", tossed in with a healthy dose of "jee-zuusss", whatever... but ya don't get to be all pissed off at the shit Bill did and then chuckle about how "boys will be boys" when Trump brags about doing it, dammit.

Interesting news, though. Apparently the RNC's outright gone dark -- not responding to calls, attempts at communication, nothing. They're supposed to have some kind of call whatsit around 5-ish in one timezone or another, but... yeah. Could be a sight to see when they come out of it. Going to be a spectacle regardless. More of one, anyway.
Did they chomp down on their cyanide molars?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: October 10, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »

Did they chomp down on their cyanide molars?

They did but it turns out Trump brand cyanide doesn't work very well.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: October 10, 2016, 04:12:06 pm »

Trump threatens to attack more if more tapes or whatever else ugly come out. What's new. :P  And what the hell does Bill Clintons sexual endeavors have to do with Hillary Clinton running for president? :P

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/rnc-goes-dark-as-party-members-demand-answers-229556 They need to come off of their Bill Clinton high horse......  Also, Paul Ryan has said that Congressmembers can abandon Trump if they have to, or want to.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/will-republicans-stay-with-trump-229536 I have a feeling that he is going to (or at least try to) take the Republican party down the hole with him when he loses and he's not going to stay quiet that's for sure. Or even not concede, which would be unprecedented.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:16:50 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6528 on: October 10, 2016, 04:16:23 pm »

None of Bill's endeavours would've been without Hill's approval and coverup

It's a redirection of focus

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: October 10, 2016, 04:16:32 pm »

So apparently I've missed it, and it hasn't been discussed here much, but Trump has explicitly said that he would put Hillary in jail if he was to win. Seems like a distinctly un-American and Russian thing to say here. Not that anyone who has paid even a little attention to Trump would be surprised about him trying to emulate his idol and embrace the anti-democratic values that would destroy America and turn it into a twisted Russia-lookalike mockery, but apparently there are still quite a few of those left.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: October 10, 2016, 04:17:42 pm »

So apparently I've missed it, and it hasn't been discussed here much, but Trump has explicitly said that he would put Hillary in jail if he was to win. Seems like a distinctly un-American and Russian thing to say here. Not that anyone who has paid even a little attention to Trump would be surprised about him trying to emulate his idol and embrace the anti-democratic values that would destroy America and turn it into a twisted Russia-lookalike mockery, but apparently there are still quite a few of those left.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Putin isn't stupid enough to come out and say that.  He is smart enough to delegate the task.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: October 10, 2016, 04:18:47 pm »

It was during the debate, yes. Specifically appoint a "special prosecutor" to see clinton put in prison.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6532 on: October 10, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »

Prosecuting people for the same crimes that everyone else is punished for is in accordance with democracy
It is as the prime traitor minister Cao Cao said, if law does not apply to the highest commander then what's the point of law; you lose any moral highground to anyone who acts the same way as their leader and gets prosecuted for it
Lead by example innit

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: October 10, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »

Would trump even have the authority to do that?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6534 on: October 10, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

To appoint a prosecutor?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: October 10, 2016, 04:27:26 pm »

We all took it as the usual Trumpspeak. Besides, that's not even how it works and when Nixon attempted it, the AG's resigned, twice.

Also, Nigel Farage compared Trumps debate performance as like that of a silverback gorilla. I can't tell if he meant it in a positive or a negative way.

To appoint a prosecutor?

He wouldn't have the authority to order them to do anything specific. Nixon tried that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: October 10, 2016, 04:28:18 pm »

He could appoint a very biased prosecutor but he would still need a complaint judge.  So it would be down to how willing the Senate would be to accept him nominating Steve Bannon to be a federal judge.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: October 10, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

Prosecuting people for the same crimes that everyone else is punished for is in accordance with democracy
It is as the prime traitor minister Cao Cao said, if law does not apply to the highest commander then what's the point of law; you lose any moral highground to anyone who acts the same way as their leader and gets prosecuted for it
Lead by example innit

The FBI cleared her, and it's not 100% clear that she actually broke the law. Sure, he can appoint a special prosceutor, but he can't order them to jail Clinton.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: October 10, 2016, 04:30:54 pm »

He could appoint a very biased prosecutor but he would still need a complaint judge.  So it would be down to how willing the Senate would be to accept him nominating Steve Bannon to be a federal judge.

Appointing a very biased prosecutor is the easy part, that'd be most Republicans. Chris Christie seems to be angling for the AG position under a Trump adminstration. Still has to be cleared by the Senate however.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: October 10, 2016, 04:31:09 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but Putin isn't stupid enough to come out and say that.  He is smart enough to delegate the task.
Well yeah, Trump is stupid and he blabbed about it in the open, because he's fucking stupid. By "emulate" I mean "act like Putin", i.e. jail his most potentially credible political opponents, and leave the field of opposition to the raving lunatics and puppets that discredit everyone else by association. Of course, in Trump's execution that would most likely transform into "jail everyone who I don't like", because he's stupid. He'd probably fail, but he could make this a politically acceptable thing to do, a new norm - and that would deal some very lasting damage to USA.

EDIT: It's actually happening. Trump has actually fully incorporated putting Hillary in jail into his rally speeches:
Donald Trump blew up his campaign manager’s line that the Republican presidential nominee was just joking about jailing Hillary Clinton.

“Now, by the way, did you read yesterday? Two boxes of emails and materials are missing,” Trump told supporters during a rally Monday in Ambridge, Pennsylvania, prompting fierce boos and a vigorous “lock her up” chant from the crowd as he hammered the former secretary of state on her private email server when she headed the State Department. “Very, very sad. Special prosecutor, here we come.”
It's no longer just his supporters.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:35:29 pm by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1249