Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388513 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6270 on: October 09, 2016, 07:03:52 pm »

Oh lord, CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY THIS YEAR, GUESS WHAT WE GOT?

COAL!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-debate-hypocrites-republicans-229408

In other news the little top stories box on the side? I read "Turmoil reigns at Trump Tower" as "Trump resigns at Turmoil Tower" so, ha ha, politicslexia!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: October 09, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »

Unless this debate has a serious chance of causing world destruction this does not deserve to be classed as a happening

Trump threatens to blab on national television about that topsekret info he got from the FBI or whatever a while ago, if people don't accept his apology. Obama dronestrikes the building because we don't negotiate with terrorists, but Hillary collapses on the way out, going into labor with P'Lod's love child (the only survivor). With no successor to the nation alive, P'Lod's people invade the planet to press his claim. Following an emergency election by referendum, with the entire political elite and 95% of the country obliterated, Ron Paul still doesn't win.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: October 09, 2016, 07:09:08 pm »

There a way to watch this online? Don't exactly have cable at college.

with the entire political elite and 95% of the country obliterated, Ron Paul still doesn't win.
goddammit hahahahahaha

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: October 09, 2016, 07:12:17 pm »

I need to finish my server-side programming work, but how can I hope to d that with the debate closing in?

Oh lordy.

with the entire political elite and 95% of the country obliterated, Ron Paul still doesn't win.
goddammit hahahahahaha
Youtube. Check the posts above you.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6274 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »

goddammit hahahahahaha
That exact bit got me too

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »

Thanks misko. I was reading through the pages from my last post and it started to blur together.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »

I am not nearly drunk enough for this.

Which is why the drinking is starting early. Save me from the election Troegenator!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: October 09, 2016, 07:18:07 pm »

goddammit hahahahahaha
Oh sure, a fucking giraffe makes that joke, comedy gold, I talk about an apocalypse where Stein is literally the only eligible person left alive and give her 45% odds of winning, don't even get crickets. T.T

Fuck it, I'm far too amused by the Trumpening to care.

Oh god he seriously dragged reporters in, sat at a table with the women Bill did shit with, ignored the reporters asking about the shit he did, and the debate is in less than an hour.

Is it too late to buy stocks in popcorn futures?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:54 pm »

So guys and gals, tell me: are you guys worried that Trump's arguments about Bill Clinton will have any strength? I know the conventional wisdom is going dirty with Bill is a bad idea, but is there any way he wins points or damages Clinton by doing this? I hope Clinton has a very, very solid idea of how to respond, because he's clearly telegraphed his strategy ahead of time.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: October 09, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »

Getting a head start on numbing the inevitable pain with some port wine.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6280 on: October 09, 2016, 07:27:49 pm »

So guys and gals, tell me: are you guys worried that Trump's arguments about Bill Clinton will have any strength? I know the conventional wisdom is going dirty with Bill is a bad idea, but is there any way he wins points or damages Clinton by doing this? I hope Clinton has a very, very solid idea of how to respond, because he's clearly telegraphed his strategy ahead of time.
Surely Hillary could just drop Bill if the attack caused real wounds, the attack on Bill would have to implicate Hillary in some complicity to have any logical effect. Maybe emotional taint, but not enough to sway people who didn't already agree with Trump
Hillary's response would be pretty obv:
Lol at my newspaper's political cartoon of today.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/foto/bas-van-der-schot-2~p4368443/4123798/
This song seems appropriate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICWCMaRypI

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: October 09, 2016, 07:28:29 pm »

I am not nearly drunk enough for this.

Which is why the drinking is starting early. Save me from the election Troegenator!

Remember, if you die of alcohol poisoning, Trump gets the last laugh.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: October 09, 2016, 07:30:44 pm »

welp, time to go to sleep

I hope I'll wake up to the glorious news of Trump getting trumped!
._.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: October 09, 2016, 07:30:56 pm »

Could you explain to me what the evolutionary benefits of groping are?

It's called foreplay, and I don't think this is the appropriate forum to go into further detail on that subject.

Also, evolution is not always beneficial. Rather evolution is completely random, and far more frequently detrimental. In a survival-of-the-fittest scenario, it tends to be the fittest random change that survives. However, when species start to thrive, and no longer need to excel in order to procreate, evolution starts to produce changes that are less beneficial and more...weird.

I misunderstood your point. You're saying to overcome those impulses, one must acknowledge them where they exist. What does acknowledgement entail?

In this specific scenario, it means recognizing that Trump's statements are not the desires of some freakish sociopath who is thinking things no normal person would think. His ability to control his impulses, or at least avoid talking about them, might be somewhat below the standards our society imposes, but otherwise his sexuality is essentially normal. And returning to my original point, this means that his recent audio clip is of relatively little consequence when compared to the other things he has said and done. And in particular, it is of little relevance to his capacity to serve as president.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: October 09, 2016, 07:32:58 pm »

Is it too late to buy stocks in popcorn futures?
It's never too late in your heart. It may be in your wallet, but not your heart.

I'unno misk. Depends on how he goes about it. I guess theoretically he might be able to manage... something. I'm not sure what, but *shrugs*

I wouldn't give good odds on it turning out well, though. Clinton's been dealing with that line of attack for well over a decade, and from operators both less and significantly more smooth than trump seems capable of. Would imagine him trying would be like a squirrel trying to hump an active wood mulcher.

Will say I'm wondering if security is going to be nearby, though. Could see trump snapping at some point during this.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1249