Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388675 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6120 on: October 08, 2016, 05:25:42 pm »

The Emperor is a douchebag!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: October 08, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »

Tic Tac respects all women. We find the recent statements and behavior completely inappropriate and unacceptable.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: October 08, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »

Oh hey, it looks like this is definitely not the end of Trump's October Surprises:
Quote from: Guy Benson
Anti-Trump operative tells me 2 more big oppo hits coming. Says 1 is ~on par w/ 'p***y grab,' the other is worse. But no details. We'll see.
I wonder if the one that is "worse" will result in actual criminal charges. Would be fitting karmic justice for GOP, after trying to imprison Hillary for so goddamn long, to have their candidate thrown into a slammer.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: October 08, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »

Oh hey, it looks like this is definitely not the end of Trump's October Surprises:
Quote from: Guy Benson
Anti-Trump operative tells me 2 more big oppo hits coming. Says 1 is ~on par w/ 'p***y grab,' the other is worse. But no details. We'll see.
I wonder if the one that is "worse" will result in actual criminal charges. Would be fitting karmic justice for GOP, after trying to imprison Hillary for so goddamn long, to have their candidate thrown into a slammer.

I'm having trouble imagining just what would be worse, other than maybe Trump actually doing a sexual assault or something, because 'worse' in this case would be breaking the law.

But yeah, the republicans are having to take their bitter cake and eat it.

Also, for what it's worth, theres also supposed to be some other oppo hit coming for Hillary.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:16:59 pm by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: October 08, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »

There are now some rumours that Trump is being persuaded to drop out, in the wake of a veritable stream of unendorsements and promises of further October Surprises.

Even though it's physically impossible to change the ballots at this point.

I wonder if they'll just redirect their votes to Gary Johnson, a la Sanders to Hillary in primaries, in a desperate last ditch attempt to deny Hillary presidency? He's already quite popular, and he was a Republican for a long time...

(oh god the debates, what would happen to debates? would Gary be invited to the third debate? this fucking election, man)
._.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: October 08, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: October 08, 2016, 06:22:41 pm »

It could easily involve a minor.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: October 08, 2016, 06:25:22 pm »

You're late on that Sergarr, lots of people have already said that he should drop out/withdraw, but his response to that has been "NO! I'M NEVER GOING TO DROP OUT!!!1!111!!!1!11!1". Exclaimation mark spam not actually included.

There are some tapes known of him talking about his daughter in that sort of way on Howard Stern's radio show, but, that's been out for some time now and it's Howard Stern the shock jock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: October 08, 2016, 06:38:57 pm »

Or, maybe, it's a direct evidence of treason. Not likely, with GOP, being a party of commiered-faced traitors to America that they are, blocking any investigation into Trump's ties to Russia, but one can hope, OK?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: October 08, 2016, 06:50:10 pm »

The Guy Bension person posted this link talking about the supposed two more shoes to drop: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/10/08/hoo-boy-two-more-major-antitrump-oppo-drops-coming-n2229679 and at least one source (or at least just word that theres more shoes to drop) seems to be coming from Ben Carson? O.o That seems like a hell of a backstab for such a chill person. Or maybe he's smarter and more calculating than he lets on.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:51:47 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: October 08, 2016, 07:02:45 pm »

They do say most surgeons eventually zero out on empathy...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: October 08, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »

That's hilarious. "Nebraska? Wait, are you Nebraska? HAS ANYONE SEEN NEBRASKA?", oh yeah, it's spelled "Misery" but pronounced "Missouri" apparently, and Puerto Rico only exists when it isn't being observed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: October 08, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »

Where are you getting the flooded part for California? heh.

Anyways, theres apparently chatter about the GOP mulling a scenario of Pence leaving the ticket. I fail to see how that would help, other than maybe possibly salvaging his own political career. Might also create problems with the electoral college because, well, how do you deal with voting for a running mate who dropped out and being replaced by whoever Trump decides to replace him with.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: October 08, 2016, 08:31:37 pm »

... has that ever happened before, actually? The VP candidate leaving the ticket ~a month before the general. Because I certainly can't remember it happening off the top of my head.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: October 08, 2016, 08:33:39 pm »

It does indeed create the same problem as mentioned before with Trump leaving, though I think it says something about how the Veep is perceived that I had to mull on that for a minute before remembering the legal challenge to already-cast votes issue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1249