Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388797 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6045 on: October 08, 2016, 09:15:28 am »

I just belatedly realized that pussygate was broken by Fahrenthold, the same guy who did all the work exposing the Trump foundation.  So it's not actually "the press" that has started investigating Trump.  It's just one guy...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: October 08, 2016, 09:22:17 am »

Today I heard Donald Trump's video clip described as 'The most horrific things that one can imagine'.

The man likes to feel up hot women, sometimes without permission. Loathe as I am to defend Trump, if this is the most horrific thing you can imagine, you have a pathetically inadequate imagination.

Honestly, with all the shit Trump has said over his campaign, I'm baffled that this seems to be the most damning. Blatant racism, tax evasion, and ethically bankrupt business practices, all just fine. Show a little appreciation for the female form, suddenly he's gone too far.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: October 08, 2016, 09:24:26 am »

I just belatedly realized that pussygate was broken by Fahrenthold, the same guy who did all the work exposing the Trump foundation.  So it's not actually "the press" that has started investigating Trump.  It's just one guy...
And some people say that modern world has no place for the individual, single-handedly changing the situation, heroism...

I always knew those SAO folks were full of shit
._.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: October 08, 2016, 09:26:41 am »

Sexual assault is not 'appreciation for the female form'.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:30 am »

Pussygate... lol....

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: October 08, 2016, 09:29:16 am »

... if that's what you call "a little appreciation" fol, you got problems. Just sayin'.

Any case, mostly seems to be either a camel's back scenario and/or the more personal/irrefutable nature of it. Plus the racism, tax evasion, and ethically bankrupt business practices are... kinda' a plus for a fair chunk of the folks that are supporting him, or at least for the ones that are supporting those ones (in the case of politician endorsement.). This latest bit, not so much.

Though yeah, calling it the most horrific things you can imagine is either excessive hyperbole or a great heaping of stupidity. No question on that end of things.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:31:28 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: October 08, 2016, 09:35:00 am »

The racism stuff doesn't matter too much because it's perfectly in-line with the views of his supporters for the most part. This is more damaging because a lot of Republican voters will be turned off by the vulgarity, adulturous nature or the fact that Donald Trump is a sex attacker. Particularly women for the last category.

Like most other scandals you can just draw along partisan lines but the GOP probably does not want to rebrand to the Rapeublican party.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: October 08, 2016, 09:35:57 am »

I think its because it's not complicated.  You hear the tape and you dont have any confusion about what is going on.  The tax thing you can stonewall and keep up a pretense prePence that something else is going on.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: October 08, 2016, 09:39:17 am »

What mainiac says. Same for the racist thing. There is just enough subtelty that if you're into it, you can rationalize it. This? No way.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: October 08, 2016, 09:48:54 am »

And more: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/donald-trump-woman-incident/index.html yeesh.

It'd be pretty damn incredible if he actually manages to win despite all of this.

Also, Trump supporters (Michelle Bachmann in this specific case) are spinning some sort of conspiracy theory that the Clinton campaign is behind this somehow (even saying planned premeditated event) because they had to change the conversation because leaked emails (which came AFTER the Trump thing) and because left wing liberal media blah blah blah.

Ignoring the fact that it's Michelle Bachmann, things are so bleeping polarized for some that they're oblivious to fact.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:16:55 am by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: October 08, 2016, 10:14:24 am »

What mainiac says. Same for the racist thing. There is just enough subtelty that if you're into it, you can rationalize it. This? No way.
I'unno, folks seem to still be rationalizing support, at least. Probably not the best site for it, but it was the first I found that had a round-up of reaction quotes and it's earlier than I'm willing to expend more effort for, so :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: October 08, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

I'unno, folks seem to still be rationalizing support, at least. Probably not the best site for it, but it was the first I found that had a round-up of reaction quotes and it's earlier than I'm willing to expend more effort for, so :V

Not surprising how things are so badly polarized between #NeverTrump and #NeverHillary that there would have to be something incredibly drastic and dramatic in order to change the mind of a majority of people, and I'm not exaggerating.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: October 08, 2016, 10:21:50 am »

It'd be pretty damn incredible if he actually manages to win despite all of this.

That's quite a high opinion of humanity you have there.
If anything, the fact that Trump has made it this far should teach us that despite humanities great progress across many fields of excellence, there is still a whole lot of stupid out there.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: October 08, 2016, 10:31:01 am »

That's quite a high opinion of humanity you have there.
If anything, the fact that Trump has made it this far should teach us that despite humanities great progress across many fields of excellence, there is still a whole lot of stupid out there.

It'd still be something of an initial shock. Though I guess you're right, given that the Italians managed to elect someone of the likes of Berlusconi and his 'bunga bunga' parties.

Hopefully Trump realizes that if he tries any of that on a female world leader, it won't go over well. Then again, they would have a pretty poor opinion of him already by now.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: October 08, 2016, 10:32:28 am »

I think it would perfectly reasonable for a female world leader to never be in the same room as Trump.  Or any world leader.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1249