Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392207 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5160 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:28 pm »

Anonymous declared war upon the government on their YouTube channel yesterday.

Over what in particular?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: September 28, 2016, 10:47:53 pm »

Just edited a link to the video in the post.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: September 28, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »

Uh, did they get taken over by conspiracy nuts all of a sudden? 'working to end the constitution'? I agree with the government being influenced by lobbyists and corporation interests too much, but really, how is hacking the government gonna solve that?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: September 28, 2016, 11:04:42 pm »

Uh, did they get taken over by conspiracy nuts all of a sudden?
They have had conspiracy nuts since near the begining.  It's always been a mix of hacktivists and nuts.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: September 28, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »

Seems less like their saying hack the government and more saying rise in revolution and overthrow it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:30 pm »

Haven't looked in to the details but how exactly is this meant to work? If an American court rules the Saudi government needs to pay up & the Saudis decide an American court has no jurisdiction... ?
At a guess?  The court says "Saudis, pay up."  The Saudis say "hah, not a chance."  The courts say, "tough cookies, you don't get a choice" and orders confiscations of Saudi assets in US jurisdictions until either the sum total of damages are met or the Saudis run out of assets that US courts can reach.  The President shakes his head and says, "this is why I vetoed it" as counter-nationalizations of US assets in Saudi Arabia take place, while news comes from around the world about the latest waves of lawsuits in Guatemala, Grenada, Nicaragua, Cuba, Chile, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Russia, Afghanistan, Palestine, Indonesia, Mexico, Yemen, Turkey, the Philippines...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:17:04 pm by Culise »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: September 28, 2016, 11:16:56 pm »

So, Anonymous is on Trumps side? Though Trump is painfully obviously sold out to corporate interests, or at least interests of the 1%, which runs counter to Anonymous, but eh, can't get everybody to be rational.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:24:29 pm by smjjames »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure they've put out videos exactly like this before.  It's not even worth noticing.  Anonymous is good at organizing a heckling aimed at a single limited-scope target, or the occasional leak.  But they also like to announce intentions far, far beyond that scope probably a few times a year, and then never actually do anything.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: September 28, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »

I think they made a video against trump as well I know they made one on Hillary though haven't watched it yet....I just want America to have sense and vote a third party to victory.
I'm pretty sure they've put out videos exactly like this before.  It's not even worth noticing.  Anonymous is good at organizing a heckling aimed at a single limited-scope target, or the occasional leak.  But they also like to announce intentions far, far beyond that scope probably a few times a year, and then never actually do anything.
Ah I was not actually aware of that still I expect them to do at least something after making such a statement.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: September 28, 2016, 11:27:45 pm »

Unfortunately neither of this year's third party hold more sense than the big two. Hell, they hold less.

Yeah, it would be great if there were an actual decent choice for third party.

Haven't looked in to the details but how exactly is this meant to work? If an American court rules the Saudi government needs to pay up & the Saudis decide an American court has no jurisdiction... ?
At a guess?  The court says "Saudis, pay up."  The Saudis say "hah, not a chance."  The courts say, "tough cookies, you don't get a choice" and orders confiscations of Saudi assets in US jurisdictions until either the sum total of damages are met or the Saudis run out of assets that US courts can reach.  The President shakes his head and says, "this is why I vetoed it" as counter-nationalizations of US assets in Saudi Arabia take place, while news comes from around the world about the latest waves of lawsuits in Guatemala, Grenada, Nicaragua, Cuba, Chile, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Russia, Afghanistan, Palestine, Indonesia, Mexico, Yemen, Turkey, the Philippines...

And ISIS? Would be strange yet funny if they went the litigation route.

Not sure what Mexico would sue over. Maybe Trump for defamation. Or maybe the failed drug war?

and don't forget much of South America which was pretty much our stomping grounds to do as we wished during the Cold War.

Also, I wonder if it would open an additional can of worms (or multiple at that) for other countries to sue other countries besides the US?

As I said earlier, isn't there supposed to be some sort of INTERNATIONAL* court which would take up those cases of grievance? Oh wait, there is, but it's as ineffective as the UN.

*I do know there is an international criminal court that tries warcriminals on warcrimes, but I'm not aware of a more general international court that handles stuff like reparations or stuff like what the 9/11 families want.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: September 28, 2016, 11:29:07 pm »

How so Jill Stein seems fairly reasonable from what I've heard of her though I prefer Bernie personally though he is...not really in the race anymore...but Hillary amd trump....are just terrible their untrustworthy both of em have bad reputations and they well most of their policies seem to look out for their interests and not the American people's interests....They just don't seem....like they deserve to be presidents either one of em...if I'd have my way honestly Hilary would probably be in jail the dnc would be facing some definite scrutiny and made to make sure that kinda thing can't happen again....and trump....well damn....he honestly should not have gone this far....I would personally want Bernie to be the Democratic candidate at this point because he could crush trump and free college is something I am highly in favor of.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: September 28, 2016, 11:36:12 pm »

As for Hillary "going to jail", on what charges? Every single criminal allegation that people have thrown her way has resulted in her being found of no (legal) wrong-doing.

Probably on.... wait for it... Trump'd up charges. That or 'Burn the witch!!!' type charges.

Sanders was basically just an opportunist though and managed to ride the same populist wave that Trump was riding.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: September 28, 2016, 11:37:04 pm »

So apparently Paul 'Stonetear' Combetta was given immunity from prosecution for spoliation of evidence? Is there anybody left who doesn't have an immunity deal at this point?

People who film police brutality, or help pick up law enforcement slack on investigating rape cases.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: September 28, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »

How so Jill Stein seems fairly reasonable from what I've heard of her though I prefer Bernie personally though he is...not really in the race anymore...but Hillary amd trump....are just terrible their untrustworthy both of em have bad reputations and they well most of their policies seem to look out for their interests and not the American people's interests....They just don't seem....like they deserve to be presidents either one of em...if I'd have my way honestly Hilary would probably be in jail the dnc would be facing some definite scrutiny and made to make sure that kinda thing can't happen again....and trump....well damn....he honestly should not have gone this far....I would personally want Bernie to be the Democratic candidate at this point because he could crush trump and free college is something I am highly in favor of.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah, Jill Stein is literally insane on multiple issues, and Bernie might talk a good game, but he kinda showed he's just in it for the money he can skim from the poor fools who thought he stood a chance.

You didn't just comment about shitpost, you said that ALL information was tainted. Do you really think it's not a fact that DT is a climate change denier?
No he pretty thoroughly denied climate change.
Note: this is one thing even my mom noted he lied on. Which puts her one step above mainiac on the "how far up your chosen candidates backside are you" ladder.
And there's my queue that I'm just being salty and should probably go do something else for a month or so.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: September 28, 2016, 11:42:17 pm »

Oh I was not actually informed of how far along Jill was with that... homeopathic medicine stuff you know....since the media pays little if no attention to the third party's.

Well mainly the whole dmc email scandal and and generally her kinda untrustworthyness would make me....not comfortable whatsoever to have her as president same for trump.

I've heard jack about this donation thing your talking about but I still believe that the dmc openly going agasint him and showing clear favoritism to Hilary and clearly trying to ignore Bernie was pretty wrong...I mean I'm pretty sure Bernie would have....much much better opinion in the polls then Hilary right about now I am interested to hear where you heard that though and what the most recent status and sources for said information is?
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1249