Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392946 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5070 on: September 27, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »

Still half expecting Bill to become the First Ex-Husband, with Hillary's first presidential decree being handing him the divorce papers.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: September 27, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

Still half expecting Bill to become the First Ex-Husband, with Hillary's first presidential decree being handing him the divorce papers.

That would be quite the WTF if that happened.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: September 27, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »

The fact that she went for "First Dude" even as a joke makes me very happy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: September 27, 2016, 03:48:03 pm »

I guess since they'll be the first, they will end up setting a precedent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: September 27, 2016, 04:39:47 pm »

So we might just call him Mr. Precedent!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:13 pm »

So I didn't watch the debates. Mom did of course, and is calling it for Trump. She noted that neither one really put up a good showing and that her decision is because Hillary lied about literally everything.

So my question is that since everyone here believes TRUMP was the one lying about everything, if that is the main sticker for who "won" this debate? As someone who considers literally everything BOTH these candidates say to be in a Schrodinger state of lying/true would you guys say I would call it for Hillary based on behavior alone?

Also note that repeating what politifact or anything else says won't sway me because I consider THOSE to be Shrodinger'd as well >.<
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: September 27, 2016, 05:53:39 pm »

So my question is that since everyone here believes TRUMP was the one lying about everything, if that is the main sticker for who "won" this debate?

Trump lost the debate because he looked like he had no clue what he was doing while Clinton looked like she was having fun toying with her food.  It was actually a very low substance debate.  Probably the lowest substance debate I have ever seen.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: September 27, 2016, 05:55:27 pm »

The consensus forming is that Clinton won by being a reasonably good debater and successfully baiting Trump, who had a poor showing. Neither Trump nor Clinton had meltdowns, and neither had any real "wowza" moments, but Trump just came off poorly it seems. He sniffled, he interrupted constantly, and he got distracted and unraveled. Trump did well enough that his supporters don't have much to complain about, but he's not winning people over.

And, of course, so far everyone is saying Clinton won, which is much more important than how they actually did, precisely because of people like you who didn't watch it. If everyone told you there was a purple dinosaur on stage how would you know otherwise? Media, betting markets, and pundits are calling it for Clinton.

Overall it seems Clinton won, but we won't know for sure until polls come in.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: September 27, 2016, 05:57:41 pm »

precisely because of people like you who didn't watch it

Although perhaps less so then in most debates because the viewship for this was probably so freaking high.

While the only way to do justice to that debate is watching all two hours in their bloody glory, these five seconds are the next best thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knE58a414Aw
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:15 pm »

Yeah, I prefer him over Clinton and while I'll say he put up a pretty good showing early on, and Clinton seemed to be the moderator (and crowd) favorite, he ran out of steam pretty severely later on and had trouble staying on point to put it lightly. It didn't help either that he took even the lowest quality b8 every single time.

Edit: I'm also a bit surprised that nobody seems to care about how his answer to "how will you bring jobs back from overseas" was essentially "tariffs."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:01:57 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: September 27, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »

Oh and one other thing.  The current headline on the NYTimes website is "Trump Lashes Out, Calling Debate Unfair".  So just in case you are wondering how Trump feels about his performance, there ya go.

Yeah, I prefer him over Clinton

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

It didn't help either that he took even the lowest quality b8 every single time.

At one point the conversation turned to the emails.  Clinton apologized and promised not to do it again.  Trump went into a long rambling rant about... how rich he was I think?  I dont even remember.  It was the topic he desperately needed, the only thing keeping him in this tragicomedy of a race and he rambled off into a completely different subject.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:07:12 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5081 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:35 pm »

So I didn't watch the debates. Mom did of course, and is calling it for Trump. She noted that neither one really put up a good showing and that her decision is because Hillary lied about literally everything.

So my question is that since everyone here believes TRUMP was the one lying about everything, if that is the main sticker for who "won" this debate? As someone who considers literally everything BOTH these candidates say to be in a Schrodinger state of lying/true would you guys say I would call it for Hillary based on behavior alone?

Also note that repeating what politifact or anything else says won't sway me because I consider THOSE to be Shrodinger'd as well >.<

What about the places where you can read the records yourself and see where Trump was lying?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:01 pm »

Edit: I'm also a bit surprised that nobody seems to care about how his answer to "how will you bring jobs back from overseas" was essentially "tariffs."
We've known that for a while, haven't we? His economic stances (to the extent they actually exist, and don't forget to check again next tuesday) have been well lambasted on that front, last I paid attention to it. Don't think it gets much attention just because it's not the sexiest subject to most folks, but there's been at least a bit of treatment on it, off and on.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: September 27, 2016, 06:35:56 pm »

It also doesn't get attention because it's subject to change at any time.  Trump is a die-hard free trader protectionist.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: September 27, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »

I have to say, the thing that probably rusted my jimmies most about this debate is Trump repeatedly harping on people Taking the Fifth as evidence of their guilt. That's a twisted way to disparage one of the fundamental rights of the legal system, and while probably even most Trump approved judges would know better, it's still a worrying prospect.
Yeah, this bothered me as well, even moreso since later in the debate Hillary got on him about being sued by former workers and his defense was "we settled out of court without admission of guilt".

It was HILLARIOUS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1249