Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393244 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #4320 on: September 18, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »

So yeah I'll probably just move to Vancouver after this election.
The thing is I want to follow that with "if Trump wins", but...
I'm that dissatisfied with the electoral college, and winner-takes-all.  I'll be let go from my job around the same time, which makes it a good time to immigrate.

Glad that America is less homophobic than some places and less Christian Law than some places, but I have the ability to leave and no family yet.  So I should probably just go.

I voted for Clinton in the primary, but I'll probably vote for Jill Stein in the real election.  And then a straight democratic ticket, then leave for an actually representative government.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: September 18, 2016, 06:06:58 pm »

Give that man some white facepaint and green hair, and you've got a better Joker than Jared Leto's weakass shit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: September 18, 2016, 06:52:40 pm »

but I'll probably vote for Jill Stein

Jill Stein is horrible.  Not just a horrible candidate, she is a horrible person as well.  If your choices were George Bush and Jill Stein, I would suggest you vote George Bush.  If you are so determined to vote for a third party to flip the bird to the man at least vote for Gary Johnson.  His platform is crap but at least the man is sane.  If you want to make an open ended leftist protest just write in goddamn Bernie Sanders.

Yeah they have a special expedited immigration status for americans who complain about elections.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: September 18, 2016, 07:04:39 pm »

What has Jill Stein done wrong that justifies me voting for a libertarian?  Libertarian cousin and Penn Jilette notwithstanding, I can't stand people that want to tear down the value of collective bargaining.

Yeah they have a special expedited immigration status for americans who complain about elections.
Oh, that's alright.  I'll just present my "too good for America" credentials.
Hey look, I can be caustically sarcastic too :P
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: September 18, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »

Stein doesn't immediately decry homeopathy and antivaccination idiocy, she presents it as "well maybe they have something worth hearing" and wants to be called a doctor, sorry sweetheart, when presented with those people you don't try to curry votes by giving any sort of weight to their views, homeopaths are just dumb, but the antivaxxers are actively dangerous.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: September 18, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »

We can't forget the EM woo. Antivaccers are a dime a dozen, but banning wifi because it rots the children's brains and gives them autism is a rare Pepe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: September 18, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »

You can't afford it.

I don't mean that as any remark on you personally. I mean that the city's spiraling out of control. Housing market's insane, cost of living going higher and higher and higher. Pick literally any city other than Vancouver. Hell, maybe even Ontario's gone now; haven't looked much into it. Vancouver, though? You can't afford it. No one can.
Yeah. I'm Canadian; for a while, the Vancouver housing crisis was on the news near-constantly. Even now, it still pops up pretty frequently, and it seems like things haven't gotten much better.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: September 18, 2016, 07:36:13 pm »

Stein doesn't immediately decry homeopathy and antivaccination idiocy, she presents it as "well maybe they have something worth hearing" and wants to be called a doctor, sorry sweetheart, when presented with those people you don't try to curry votes by giving any sort of weight to their views, homeopaths are just dumb, but the antivaxxers are actively dangerous.
Eh, they're both dangerous.  Though maybe antivaxxers are a bit more so (while being a bit less dumb).

Considering I tolerated Hilary in the primary, I'm not that upset about someone being diplomatic about people who are wrong.  That's what politicians do.  They have to in America, because again, our political system isn't about representation.  It's about winning support by saying whatever gains more votes.

And yes, the parliamentary system is better about that.

@Elephant Parade & Ispil

You can't afford it.

I don't mean that as any remark on you personally. I mean that the city's spiraling out of control. Housing market's insane, cost of living going higher and higher and higher. Pick literally any city other than Vancouver. Hell, maybe even Ontario's gone now; haven't looked much into it. Vancouver, though? You can't afford it. No one can.
Huh... thanks.
I just had a good time in Seattle last year, and have always liked the climate there.
I probably wouldn't live in a big city, never have (Raleigh doesn't count).  Probably somewhere else in British Columbia.  Or whatever seems reasonable.
She/they

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: September 18, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »

I can sell you a citizenship application for a purely independent nation-state experiment that begins whenever I successfully acquire an island or oil rig.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: September 18, 2016, 08:55:59 pm »

It's hard to remember all the crazy stuff stein has done.  The vaxxing and wifi is the memorable stuff but she is also into russian trolling and printing money as a major form of government revenue.  Oh and how about this gem? https://i.redd.it/4jrl42xo5cmx.png
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:20:27 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: September 18, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »

I can sell you a citizenship application for a purely independent nation-state experiment that begins whenever I successfully acquire an island or oil rig.
Where can I sign up?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: September 18, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »

Where can I sign up?

Send me a decent resume and I'll see. Immigration is flexibly controlled by having non-standardized forms examined and approved individually.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: September 18, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »

Where can I sign up?

Send me a decent resume and I'll see. Immigration is flexibly controlled by having non-standardized forms examined and approved individually.
You know, when you say it like that it doesn't sound like a terrible idea at all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: September 18, 2016, 10:01:38 pm »

Of course, after we build the wall we still might want S rank mexicans, so we'll send over commandos to fulton them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: September 18, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »

2016: the year Outer Heaven started looking like the best of all possible worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1249