Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393465 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #4020 on: September 12, 2016, 04:53:09 pm »

"Hillary Clinton called tens of millions of honest hardworking Americans racists, sexists, islamophobes, xenophobes, and homophobes, yet thinks she is fit to lead? That is deplorable." Pow, would fit within a campaign ad blurb, turns it around into a "no, we're the good guys, and she's insulting us", and doesn't involve a tacit--or unsaid but implied--confirmation of her statement.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: September 12, 2016, 04:58:04 pm »

"Hillary Clinton called tens of millions of honest hardworking Americans are racists, sexists, islamophobes, xenophobes, and homophobes, yet thinks she is fit to lead? That is deplorable." Pow, would fit within a campaign ad blurb, turns it around into a "no, we're the good guys, and she's insulting us", and doesn't involve a tacit--or unsaid but implied--confirmation of her statement.

So you think the Trump strategy should be to draw more attention to his campaigns negative reputations in order to argue against it? "If You're Explaining, You're Losing."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: September 12, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

I'm also not a fan of letting 9/11 families sue, for all the reasons stated. I feel like whoever is publicly making the case against this bill isn't cherry picking examples of American bad behavior strongly enough. People from Libya to Iraq to Pakistan have reasonable grounds to sue the US. And honestly, for as bad as 9/11 was, for as culpable as part of the Saudi Government might have been.....this seems more like American Exceptionalism crap at its core. We've easily killed as many or more civilians since 9/11 with drone strikes. Which is probably why vetoing this is at the forefront of Obama's mind. Can no one really think a year or two down the road on the consequence of this?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: September 12, 2016, 05:01:42 pm »

Any law named after an individual or a specific group is likely a bad law. Similarly, any plan that includes "and we'll be home by Christmas" is likely doomed to disaster.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »

"Hillary Clinton called tens of millions of honest hardworking Americans are racists, sexists, islamophobes, xenophobes, and homophobes, yet thinks she is fit to lead? That is deplorable." Pow, would fit within a campaign ad blurb, turns it around into a "no, we're the good guys, and she's insulting us", and doesn't involve a tacit--or unsaid but implied--confirmation of her statement.

So you think the Trump strategy should be to draw more attention to his campaigns negative reputations in order to argue against it? "If You're Explaining, You're Losing."
Fair enough, I'm not a good politician, but having the opportunity to rephrase her statement and spin it to do anything besides say "hey, that stuff doesn't make us deplorable" still surprised me.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: September 12, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »

Any law named after an individual or a specific group is likely a bad law.

I can think of some really bad ones but I can think of some really goods ones.  The 9/11 first responders bill for instance is pretty straightforward; let's provide healthcare to people who need it and risked their lives.  The Lilly Ledbetted Act was a no-brainer that closed a loophole.  It seems to me like just a normal two edged sword, you can use it for good or bad.

Oh and let's not forget the best law of all time.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: September 12, 2016, 05:23:13 pm »

It seems like Congress may be willing to force Obama into it anyway. It's a  dangerous precedent for the US. Once we open the flood-gates, there may be no closing them.

Fair enough, I'm not a good politician.
Don't worry, neither is Trump.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: September 12, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »

So you're saying we need to build a metal gear?

Wait, that was last week!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: September 12, 2016, 05:52:31 pm »

While this is true in many ways I think that his time in reality TV means he would be implicitly aware that if you are explaining you are losing even if he has never heard the quote.  He is really good at shamelessly never ever explaining anything and always staying on the attack.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

While this is true in many ways I think that his time in reality TV means he would be implicitly aware that if you are explaining you are losing even if he has never heard the quote.  He is really good at shamelessly never ever explaining anything and always staying on the attack.
That's kind of a disrespectful attitude to take towards people in general.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: September 12, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »

Well... yeah? Trump doesn't seem to have much respect for... anyone, really. Arguably not even himself, given how little he displays care about things like consistency or treatment of others.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4031 on: September 12, 2016, 07:46:15 pm »

I'm also not a fan of letting 9/11 families sue, for all the reasons stated. I feel like whoever is publicly making the case against this bill isn't cherry picking examples of American bad behavior strongly enough. People from Libya to Iraq to Pakistan have reasonable grounds to sue the US. And honestly, for as bad as 9/11 was, for as culpable as part of the Saudi Government might have been.....this seems more like American Exceptionalism crap at its core. We've easily killed as many or more civilians since 9/11 with drone strikes. Which is probably why vetoing this is at the forefront of Obama's mind. Can no one really think a year or two down the road on the consequence of this?

That's what I mean. If America keeps getting lawsuits for its actions, maybe it will change them.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: September 12, 2016, 08:09:25 pm »

It's all part of a sekret plan to allow Trump to become The Man Who Sued The World.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »

That's kind of a disrespectful attitude to take towards people in general.

Who is Donald Trump, Alex.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: September 13, 2016, 06:38:02 am »

While Hillary is trying not to end up like William Henry Harrison, her propagandists have found a great threat looming over America...

Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?

That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Wait. Really? White supremacy?

That’s right.

This is horrifying.

Yes.

This is not a joke - Hillary is fighting cartoon frogs. Praise Kek.
Here's an archive.is link in case this gets deleted.

Sadly, they missed one very possible detail - Pepe could have been drawn by Putin himself as a part of an Evil Russian Plot to destroy American freedom, democracy and human rights.
We need more American troops on the Russian border, pronto! :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:13:06 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1249