Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391405 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3165 on: August 25, 2016, 09:51:16 pm »

Sergarr if you think she has never seen a war she doesn't like then I ask you to read the senate speech she gave during the Iraq war vote.  There was no liking there.

If you don't like her giving an honest assessment of political reality why the fuck do you go and complain she is dishonest?

Clinton is a very honest politician. People are just bad at telling the difference between shitty politician and corruption.  You don't need to find corruption just find something else to investigate. So sadly predictable.
You've resolved one accusation. There are two others (single payer health care "never coming to pass" and gay marriage flip-flop). Am I to assume that they're true? Because if they are, then the final verdict would still remain correct.

You should work more to successfully defend the candidate-in-white.

Read my post again?
It didn't change from the last time I've read it.

So it still has the part where I talk about the single payer quote?

Jesus wept. >_<

You're not even trying to understand.

Am I though?

You gave a list of names of people who you said get treated like Clinton on these forums.  Let me list some people who weren't on that list:  Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi.  Do you think that maybe these people are a teeny, tiny more of Hillary Clinton's peer group then Trump, Farange and Putin?  But you didn't list those.  And I think the reason you didn't list them is because you realize that none of them get shit on like Clinton round these parts.  If you actually compare the treatment of Clinton to the politicians like her the difference is pretty fucking stark.

I just wish you had the goddamn balls to stand by your argument Redking.  It's not fucking subtle when you list a bunch of names who have mostly crassly exploited xenophobia for political gain (Merkel being the exception).  You can deny the exact diagnosis but it's not like it's a neutral goddamn list.  You pull shit like that and then get offended when I call you out on it.  I might use course language but I respect your argument enough to take it seriously.  You know better then this, you are old enough.  Some people are too young to remember how Al Gore "invented the internet" and was called a liar or how John Kerry "fled from combat" and was called a liar.  You know how many fishing expeditions for imaginary murder, fraud, rape and corruption they held on Bill Clinton before they finally found some bullshit that was true because he was a goddamn human.  You saw that bullshit in practice and should realize how much smoke you can create by surrounding mundane bullshit in optics to pretend it's a fire.

I'll just leave this here: http://laurencetennant.com/bonds/adhominem.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:10:29 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:24 pm »

Oh, one of the best rationalizations I've seen yet is "He knows he needs the Latino and black vote to override the massive Demonrat fraud which is coming".

mainiac: Again, you are reading intent into my words that is not there, because you want there to be something to rail against. Being angry and self-righteous is your raison d'etre. When did I EVER say or imply that Clinton is a xenophobe or a demagogue? She's like an anti-demagogue, because she lacks the charisma to be one.

People have given Obama plenty of shit on this forum, even from people who generally support him. Joe Biden is practically a comic punchline (witness all the Onion articles that depict him as a boozy, foul-mouthed skirt-chaser who deals weed to his Congressional colleagues). Reid and Pelosi aren't exactly the most popular folks either.

I listed the ones I did because they were the first ones that came to mind when I asked myself "Gee, who else besides Hillary Clinton gets hyperbolic shit talked about them for satirical/comedic purposes around here?" If we fail to make as many jokes about Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, it's because they're fucking BORING.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 26, 2016, 12:38:17 am »

Jeez, it takes real concentrated effort to get this much outrage going out of nothing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 26, 2016, 12:44:05 am »

That's what happens when your favorite presidential candidate is a lizard person.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 26, 2016, 03:02:14 am »

So it still has the part where I talk about the single payer quote?
Without even mentioning it in a way that makes it easily confusable for a continuation of the previous point, yes.

OK, you won.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:05 am »

"Gee, who else besides Hillary Clinton gets hyperbolic shit talked about them for satirical/comedic purposes around here?"

Okay, so you think it is in fact hyperbolic shit.  Thanks.  I'm glad we could arrive at this conclusion after only six people mocked me for saying it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:29 am »

DEMILITARIZED ZONE INITIATION

NICENESS ENFORCED PAST THIS BOUNDARY

THREAD NOW DEDICATED ONCE MORE TO INTERESTING NEWS ABOUT AMERICA AND ITS POLITICAL SYSTEM, NOT THE ETERNAL HATEBONER BETWEEN REDKING AND MANIAC

Brazil charging the swimmer who lied about being robbed
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:46:03 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 26, 2016, 04:48:51 am »

And here we have the most obnoxious thing in the last dozen pages.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: August 26, 2016, 05:53:24 am »

And then Lochte was President.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 26, 2016, 05:53:55 am »

"Gee, who else besides Hillary Clinton gets hyperbolic shit talked about them for satirical/comedic purposes around here?"

Okay, so you think it is in fact hyperbolic shit.  Thanks.  I'm glad we could arrive at this conclusion after only six people mocked me for saying it.

Everyone agreed that talking of Clinton's dark magic scandals is hyperbolic shit. It's just that it doesn't make sense to jump on someone for saying stuff that is so hyperbolic that it is evidently intended as sarcasm.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: August 26, 2016, 05:57:54 am »

Everyone agreed that talking of Clinton's dark magic scandals is hyperbolic shit. It's just that it doesn't make sense to jump on someone for saying stuff that is so hyperbolic that it is evidently intended as sarcasm.
Evidently, mainiac spends too much time in places where hyperbolic statements are usually intended as being completely serious.
._.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 26, 2016, 06:12:25 am »

(Like political discussions on the internet?)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 26, 2016, 06:17:21 am »

<large coloured text>

You guys realise this shit and other sniping from the background comments are far more disruptive and annoying than the actual arguing going on?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 26, 2016, 07:47:17 am »

And you really are basically just confirming my point, which is that it's always easier to criticize the opposition and think it's fair, as compared to your candidate, for whom being compared to gila lizards is harsh and unfair and such a terrible thing for the Nazi Party which is your opposition to do. You know, with Trump being LITERALLY FIGURATIVELY HITLER, GUYS, and all.
LITERALLY FIGURATIVELY HITLER, GUYS

Nah.
America needs someone who won't need any bad publicity and invented smear campaigns, for his reputation is as bad as it gets. America need a candidate who is literally Hitler!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:57:17 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 26, 2016, 07:57:50 am »

So, like. Do we dig up a grave or something or is this more chronosphere nonsense? Because there seems to be a lot of the latter this cycle, so it'd fit.

E: Wait, wait. No. What we'd do is instead of a president, there'd be a committee of historians, who decide the actions of the POTUS position based on analysis of hilter's/germany's previous decision making!

I'm sure if a company can be a singular person, a small group of people can be a single president. It'd work out, somehow.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:00:57 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1249