Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391700 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3150 on: August 25, 2016, 03:29:17 pm »

Spoiler: This thread. (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

Sergarr if you think she has never seen a war she doesn't like then I ask you to read the senate speech she gave during the Iraq war vote.  There was no liking there.

If you don't like her giving an honest assessment of political reality why the fuck do you go and complain she is dishonest?

Clinton is a very honest politician. People are just bad at telling the difference between shitty politician and corruption.  You don't need to find corruption just find something else to investigate. So sadly predictable.
You've resolved one accusation. There are two others (single payer health care "never coming to pass" and gay marriage flip-flop). Am I to assume that they're true? Because if they are, then the final verdict would still remain correct.

You should work more to successfully defend the candidate-in-white.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 25, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »

Also the Honduras thing is a pretty black mark right there.
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/9/hillary-clinton-honduraslatinamericaforeignpolicy.html
Basically the US supported the far-right military coup and acted to prevent the elected president from being returned to power, while maintaining financial support for the right-wing military regime against the protests of most of the world. Hilary Clinton publicly backed the coup leaders, saying the ousted president was trying to become a dictator. But that wasn't even close to the truth - he'd organized a referendum on future constitutional reform - but that referendum would have come at the same election in which he was already due to retire due to term limits. The USA / State Department was literally alone among major international bodies in supporting the coup.

Basically, the powers that be in Honduras maintained that it was illegal to even let the citizens have a non-binding referendum vote on constitutional change, because they might vote for something that was against the constitution, which would be unconstitutional. Think about that for a minute. You don't get a say on the rules, because you just might support something that's not in the rules, and for even suggesting that the people should get a say, that justified the army to take over the country to save it from the "unconstitutional' process of asking people what they thought about the constitution.

I mean, this is the same stuff we slam Republicans for, it makes no sense to give someone a free pass on overthrowing emerging democracies, because they're not such big asshats in some other areas.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:03:51 pm by Reelya »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 25, 2016, 03:47:48 pm »

Spoiler: This thread. (click to show/hide)

Shit, let's roll a gun control argument into it and put the thread properly under the sod.

The 2nd Ammendment protects an individual right, Heller didn't go far enough, and everyone who disagrees contributes to the future risk to the Republic.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 25, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

Ok, first off, I would probably be more inclined to support her if she just came out and said she was a lich (got her a phylactery... ) but comparing her to a gila monster as an insult?

That's low, I like lizards, my problem is with the alien hair monster controlling the giant orange gila monster.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 25, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »

But Reelya. Don't you get it? It's precisely the fault of the opposition that our politicians are forced to do those things by political realities; you simply cannot blame them for making unsavory decisions in order to advance their political career. This is why the opposition is the enemy: even when they're not in charge, they still force us to do their bidding, and each and every time we succeed in escaping their grasp, or defeating them and putting them back in their rightful place, it is a feat worthy of praises the likes of which have not been given since the last great leader we managed to get into office. That's why we can't afford to give them any ground; compromise just means they can get to more of us and force us to become ideological martyrs, sacrificed laudedly to the constituents who will reelect them for bravely putting aside their values and personal beliefs in favor of prevailing political necessities.

And that's why only people in our party and cultural tribe deserve praise, reward, and charitable interpretations, and only people of the opposing party and a cultural tribe that's very similar but just different enough to be the other, are worthy of condemnation, scorn, and hatred, those vile subhuman beasts. They're just too stupid to see that we are right, both factually and morally, and they are wrong, and being misled and abused by deceitful corrupt politicians who take advantage of misinformation and moneyed politics, who can only be stopped by electing our own, honest, upright officials into office, whatever the cost may be.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 25, 2016, 05:09:05 pm »

Sergarr if you think she has never seen a war she doesn't like then I ask you to read the senate speech she gave during the Iraq war vote.  There was no liking there.

If you don't like her giving an honest assessment of political reality why the fuck do you go and complain she is dishonest?

Clinton is a very honest politician. People are just bad at telling the difference between shitty politician and corruption.  You don't need to find corruption just find something else to investigate. So sadly predictable.
You've resolved one accusation. There are two others (single payer health care "never coming to pass" and gay marriage flip-flop). Am I to assume that they're true? Because if they are, then the final verdict would still remain correct.

Read my post again?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 25, 2016, 06:36:41 pm »

Oh for FFS. Going for three, is it? You both realize eventually he's going to get sick of seeing your names and hand out the final ban, right? Hope it's worth it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:09 pm »

Read my post again?
It didn't change from the last time I've read it. Also, I missed that the last time, but did you imply that Clinton was a shitty politician? Because that's a qualifier I wouldn't expect to be applied to a future President of the United States (which she is nearly guaranteed to be at this point).

EDIT: In more relevant news, Trump spokeperson tries to backpedal at the speed of light from his latest immigration pivot.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:50:41 pm by Sergarr »
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 25, 2016, 08:03:05 pm »

"He hasn't changed his position, he's changed the words he's saying."

Wow. That may turn out to be the "I was for it before I was against it" of this campaign cycle.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 25, 2016, 08:09:34 pm »

I don't know about that, but Trump's supporters have already publicly said that they'll be "coming for him" if he doesn't carry out his "foundational things", i.e. build a wall.

He's basically fucked in the long term, sooner or later the crazy rabid aggressive mob he riled up is going to turn against him and tear him apart. Possibly literally.
._.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 25, 2016, 08:28:13 pm »

I don't know about that, but Trump's supporters have already publicly said that they'll be "coming for him" if he doesn't carry out his "foundational things", i.e. build a wall.

He's basically fucked in the long term, sooner or later the crazy rabid aggressive mob he riled up is going to turn against him and tear him apart. Possibly literally.
I approve of this turn of events.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:04 pm »

Trump steak, hand-crafted from only the finest cuts of Trump. Now available through the Sharper Image.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 25, 2016, 09:03:10 pm »

And then Trump was Robespierre.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 25, 2016, 09:33:11 pm »

Members of the Bush campaign have taken to the media, saying that Trump's new position mirrored Bush's, with all that implies. Trump World is hilariously divided on New!Trump's Immigration policy, with some saying nothing has changed (like Trump), while others defend his new comments as the only reasonable approach to 11 million people (like Jeff Sessions). Meanwhile, Ann Coulter, who has been publicising her recent book ("In Trump we Trust") which has a line saying the only thing Trump could do that would be unforgivable is flip-flop on Immigration, is apoplectic
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:44:27 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1249