Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390741 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2700 on: August 12, 2016, 09:29:03 pm »

I've seen a fair few Trump supporters already say that Clinton winning the election will be proof of electoral fraud.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »

I've seen a fair few Trump supporters already say that Clinton winning the election will be proof of electoral fraud.
I would say the same thing if Trump won, honestly, right now.

Well. Not elector fraud. Voting shenanigans, more probably.

Which is probably a bad thing.

If polls start looking up for him I might think it's legitimate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 12, 2016, 09:48:37 pm »

As Nate Palladium pointed out, Trump's odds of winning under current polls are still about the same as losing a round of Russian Roulette.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 12, 2016, 09:50:22 pm »

As Nate Palladium pointed out, Trump's odds of winning under current polls are still about the same as losing a round of Russian Roulette.
I would also call bullshit if I lost a game of Russian Roulette
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:59 pm »

Well, not really...
Unless you went 6th and cheated :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 12, 2016, 09:56:25 pm »

Also, CNN is hosting a town hall for the Green party (finally they get some attention) on Wenesday, might be interesting if they are able to shed their kookyness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 12, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »

Well, not really...
Only if you play with fucking casuals. In the official international rules it clearly states you're to spin the chamber every round.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 12, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »

Well, not really...
Only if you play with fucking casuals. In the official international rules it clearly states you're to spin the chamber every round.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't play that way is not someone you can trust to play rr with.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 12, 2016, 10:46:40 pm »

Infowars is always good for insightful commentary:

http://www.infowars.com/neurosurgeon-dr-ben-carson-its-critical-for-hillary-to-release-full-health-records/

Noting that Hillary’s age is a reason to be on the look out for any worsening medical conditions, Carson said that it was “critical” for Clinton to undergo a medical examination given the important position she may be about to take.

“That information should be something we have access to because it’s very important in terms of making that decision – also recognize that the presidency is not a nine to five job – it is extraordinarily grueling and you need to have everything going for you,” said Carson, adding that a mental examination should also be required of Hillary.

WTF, right? Trump is 1 year older than Clinton, and a woman born around 1945 should have about 5 years more life expectancy than a man, making Trump much closer to croaking it than Mrs Clinton. She's younger than the last 2/3 Republican candidates were when they ran for President. It's weirdly sexist in a way that's the opposite of common sense.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:53:44 pm by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 12, 2016, 10:52:07 pm »

obviously only young people should be el presidente

i volunteer
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 12, 2016, 10:53:03 pm »

Well, not really...
Nah I'd definitely call bullshit

And hax, hax too. Total hax.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 12, 2016, 10:54:23 pm »

snip
IT KEEPS CHANGING AAAAAHHHHHH

... more seriously, and to a response that has now been edited out, I'm fairly sure abusing "trust me, I'm a doctor" is pretty much carson's entire political strategy. Not surprising he'd be using it some more.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 12, 2016, 11:08:43 pm »

Infowars is always good for insightful commentary:

http://www.infowars.com/neurosurgeon-dr-ben-carson-its-critical-for-hillary-to-release-full-health-records/

Noting that Hillary’s age is a reason to be on the look out for any worsening medical conditions, Carson said that it was “critical” for Clinton to undergo a medical examination given the important position she may be about to take.

“That information should be something we have access to because it’s very important in terms of making that decision – also recognize that the presidency is not a nine to five job – it is extraordinarily grueling and you need to have everything going for you,” said Carson, adding that a mental examination should also be required of Hillary.

WTF, right? Trump is 1 year older than Clinton, and a woman born around 1945 should have about 5 years more life expectancy than a man, making Trump much closer to croaking it than Mrs Clinton. She's younger than the last 2/3 Republican candidates were when they ran for President. It's weirdly sexist in a way that's the opposite of common sense.

I do have a slight concern on alzheimers, but that's just a general concern that's not even small sized and is just mainly because I've had family experience with it (my Grandma), and besides, theres lots of treatments and stuff that weren't available in Reagans time, so, really her health isn't that much of a concern to me.

Also, in response to Carson, I doubt being Seceretary of State is a 9 to 5 job either and it is right up there with being president as far as it being gruelling.

AAAAANNNDDD, if a mental examination is required of Hillary, Trump would have to undergo a mental examination as well. By a doctor (or hell, FOUR doctors if he wanted different opinions) not paid by Trump of course.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:10:52 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 12, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

Conspiracy theories that Hillary is barely keeping it together because of complications from a blood clot a few years ago are starting to get pretty common.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/06/law-enforcement-officials-medical-professionals-theres-something-seriously-wrong-hillary-clintons-health/

They take things like that photo of two staffers helping her up the stairs, and this, as evidence.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:15:00 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1249