Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395593 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1950 on: August 01, 2016, 09:26:51 am »

To people outside the US, can you imagine your leaders picking a fight with other leaders the way Trump does? I doubt it.
Belgium, maybe? Can't recall if it was there or somewhere else that a fistfight or two broke out among some kind of parliament equivalent, not terribly long ago. Within the decade, anyway. Maybe more than one place, I'unno. Point being that there's probably a few out there that can, without too much trouble.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 01, 2016, 09:39:03 am »

There's a few countries with proud traditions of parliamentary violence. The US, however, fortunately squashed ours at the Civil War point. Caning of Charles Sumner and all that.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 01, 2016, 09:42:38 am »

Am I the only one hoping Khizr is pronounced "Kaiser"?
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: August 01, 2016, 09:43:24 am »

Hey man, make America Great Again! Bring back low-intensity weaponry to Congress and the debates. I think Hillary "Beltway Slugger" Clinton can take Donald "Gold Nugget in the Best Sock" Trump in 3 rounds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:49 am »

The challenged party gets to pick weapons and head to the Canadian side of Niagara. I'd totally go with tanks, but I have a feeling that no one would feel like challenging me. 

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

There's a few countries with proud traditions of parliamentary violence. The US, however, fortunately squashed ours at the Civil War point. Caning of Charles Sumner and all that.
Aye.  Though tradition may be overstating it in my list, Taiwan, Georgia, Ukraine, South Korea, Kenya, and Russia all come to mind, albeit some more common than others.  Not all of these are "defective" democracies or highly riven societies, either.  Actually, the time opposition lawmakers snuck tear gas into the National Assembly was kinda funny, in a depressing kind of way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:49:41 am by Culise »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 01, 2016, 10:27:54 am »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/31/media/donald-trump-jason-miller-reliable-sources/index.html

At this point I shouldn't really be surprised by anything Trump says but.....my god, what a pussy. "Oh boo hoo there's gonna be a football those nights. THAT'S UNFAIR."
At least they don't clash with the USFL schedule, right?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 01, 2016, 11:54:05 am »

In the English parliament speakers on the floor at at same time are not allowed to stand within two sword lengths of each other.  ;D
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 01, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »

Man, this dust-up with Khizr Khan (and yes, it is pronounced "Kaiser") is blowing up in Trump's face. GOP figures are lining up to disavow, even Mike Pence.

Inb4 meme of enraged Trump yelling "KHAAAAAN!!!"  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 01, 2016, 12:05:52 pm »

Man, this dust-up with Khizr Khan (and yes, it is pronounced "Kaiser") is blowing up in Trump's face. GOP figures are lining up to disavow, even Mike Pence.

If that's not already a thing, I am very disappointed in the internet.

I mean, I hope this'll torpedo his campaign nice and proper, but the damn thing has been inexplicably ironclad thus far. I really don't want to be scared enough into voting for the H-train this year.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 01, 2016, 12:24:35 pm »

If that's not already a thing, I am very disappointed in the internet.

I mean, I hope this'll torpedo his campaign nice and proper, but the damn thing has been inexplicably ironclad thus far. I really don't want to be scared enough into voting for the H-train this year.
I mean, if you're not voting for Hillary, you're half-voting for Trump anyway, effectively, and half-voting for her anyway. If you don't want Trump to win, vote.

We have an incredibly low turnout rate. Protesting by refusing to vote gets lost in the noise, and means you give up the small impact you could have had.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 01, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »

Unless you're protesting *both* of them.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 01, 2016, 02:53:19 pm »

There should be a new law in the US. You can either vote for one of the two candidates, or for Hitler. If at the end, more than 10% of voters voted Hitler, you know something is really wrong with the current candidates, and they will have to step down, and restart the election process.

If more than 50% votes Hitler, an emergency procedure is called into action, dedicating at least 90% of the GDP to inventing time travel.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 01, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »

There should be a new law in the US. Any 10% block of voters should have veto power.

FTFY.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 01, 2016, 02:57:28 pm »

Or maybe US needs a system where it would be in practice possible to have more than two candidates(or two parties) with even theoretical chances.

Because winner takes it all in a state, you either go for getting the majority or don't try at all.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1249