Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395602 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1935 on: July 31, 2016, 10:50:08 pm »

2016, the year where american politics learned once and for all whether repeating something often enough makes it true.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 31, 2016, 10:53:11 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. Has to be fascinating to some psych/sociologists... know there's been studies about that sort of thing but there's a ridiculous volume of field examples coming out of this election cycle. Christmas come early or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 31, 2016, 11:03:06 pm »

It is indeed utterly fascinating. It reminds me of someone who has been hypnotized... Very prone to suggestion and words just slip right out. I am not going to go as far to say that he has a disorder, but it is indeed intriguing.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:19 am »

That interview is the best trumpwreck I've seen so far. I keep thinking I'll get tired of hearing him prattle on endlessly, but it's always freshly absurd and hilarious.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1939 on: August 01, 2016, 01:47:17 am »

looking forward to the Green Party national convention. It'll probably be better broadcast than most.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 01, 2016, 06:02:53 am »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 01, 2016, 06:33:00 am »

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7

It explains why politics is so bad.
So that's why every goddamn YouTube political video comment section is filled with pro-Trump shills...

Though there certainly are a lot of people in USA who're genuinely on that level of dialog. How else would Trump have 40% voter support?
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1942 on: August 01, 2016, 06:40:53 am »

That's a pretty big relief to be honest

Though there certainly are a lot of people in USA who're genuinely on that level of dialog. How else would Trump have 40% voter support?
Maybe they just don't like Hillary
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 01, 2016, 07:56:50 am »

Fuck Putin. Actual lay Russians? I'm probably ok with you. Your language is confusing as hell and I nearly failed a class trying to learn it, but at least it and Russian culture was interesting. But seriously, fuck Putin.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 01, 2016, 07:57:16 am »

It appears that we're entering 24/7 Trump news cycle, cuz he and his devoted supporters keep doubling down on the most inflammatory shit possible:

Trump first tweeted that “Captain Khan, killed 12 years ago, was a hero, but this is about RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR and the weakness of our ‘leaders’ to eradicate it!”

And then: “I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!”
Quote from: Trump's supporters, totally not anti-Muslim at all
Late Sunday, Trump supporters, including longtime adviser Roger Stone, circulated unsubstantiated accusations from an anti-Islam website about Khizr Khan. Stone tweeted a link to a post that, among other things, accuses Khan of being a “Muslim Brotherhood agent who wants to advance sharia law.
I don't even know what to add here.
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 01, 2016, 08:05:07 am »

honestly i'm starting to like Hillary, in kind of a patronizing "i feel bad for her" kind of way

she's not at all media savvy, so she gets vilified in the media, and everyone thinks she's a liar when she's apparently one of the most honest politicians, and i'm starting to think she'd actually be one of the better presidents in recent times, at least in terms of what their policies are and how often they'd be able to get them implemented

plus she seems to change her mind based on the facts so that's good in a policy maker
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 01, 2016, 08:21:41 am »

I love that Americans are try to pull out anything from their asses to show the things in different light, because they are to embarrassed that so many of them support Trump. Its really gold and funny as hell. 
Make love not war

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 01, 2016, 08:35:57 am »

Should we start a betting pool as to how long before Mike Pence says "fuck this, find another VP"?

It's only been a couple of weeks, and he's already twice had to issue statements pretty much directly opposed to what Trump is saying. First, regarding Trump's call for Russia to hack Hillary's email, and now over the counterattack on Khizr Khan.

Also wondering at what point Trump just snaps and starts screaming obscenities into the microphone while flinging poo.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 01, 2016, 09:21:18 am »

Oh man, that whole Trump's interview is utterly hilarious. It's like a stream of consciousness.

Quote from: this one is among Trump's best hits
she (Hillary) couldn't beat Bernie

What, no transcript? (not at you sergarr) Also, it's been refreshed apparently, like five minutes ago.

It appears that we're entering 24/7 Trump news cycle, cuz he and his devoted supporters keep doubling down on the most inflammatory shit possible:

Trump first tweeted that “Captain Khan, killed 12 years ago, was a hero, but this is about RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR and the weakness of our ‘leaders’ to eradicate it!”

And then: “I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!”
Quote from: Trump's supporters, totally not anti-Muslim at all
Late Sunday, Trump supporters, including longtime adviser Roger Stone, circulated unsubstantiated accusations from an anti-Islam website about Khizr Khan. Stone tweeted a link to a post that, among other things, accuses Khan of being a “Muslim Brotherhood agent who wants to advance sharia law.
I don't even know what to add here.

Yeah, it's like 'why are they even picking a fight with this family?' they also want out of this controversey.

I can only imagine him randomly picking a twitter fight with some leader that he felt that insulted him in some way, totally and utterly unpresidential.

To people outside the US, can you imagine your leaders picking a fight with other leaders the way Trump does? I doubt it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 01, 2016, 09:23:57 am »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/31/media/donald-trump-jason-miller-reliable-sources/index.html

At this point I shouldn't really be surprised by anything Trump says but.....my god, what a pussy. "Oh boo hoo there's gonna be a football those nights. THAT'S UNFAIR."

And then claiming the NFL sent him a letter agreeing with him, when they flat out denied that? When are people going to get sick of just simply the bald-faced lying his campaign does? I will be rooting for Hilary to crush this buffoon during the debates.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1249