Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395754 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1875 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:53 am »

Hmm. Charitable interpretation is that they told him we pay for some airbase access in SA, and that filtered through his mind as "paying rent on our base". OR it is indeed a classified base, and he's just proven he can't keep even basic limits on what comes out of his mouth. Either way, not good.

3 months to go.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:38 am »

Yeah, the "paying rent" bit was weirdly specific if he just thought there was a base, but paying some sort of access fee to utilize the local's airbases etc sounds much more plausible. Also very reasonable: if they're refueling American recon aircraft and the like there, and the Saudis actually maintain the base, then it's only fair that the user pays.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46:40 am »

3 LONG months to go....

He could be bullshitting, yes, which fits with his MO, but suddenly talking about 'secret' stuff right after he starts getting briefings is strange because as you can see, it immediately got interpreted as blabbing top secret stuff.

It remains to be seen if he actually blabs more stuff....

It also fits into his entire message of "we're not respected anymore and our allies should pay US, not we pay THEM". So, it could easily be a nugget of classified truth molded into words that feed his base.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:49:07 am by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 31, 2016, 10:49:54 am »

Meanwhile, the question asked to Trump by the deceased soldier's muslim father, "Have you read the US Constitution? I'll gladly lend you my copy" has spiked sales on the pocket edition of the Constitution, the same one demonstratively wielded by Khizr Khan, making it now the number two bestseller on amazon. The only book selling better is the most recent book from the Harry Potter series.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 31, 2016, 10:51:35 am »

@martinuzz, the power of a viral moment there, heh. Either that or people are like, 'hey, a pocket edition exists? I want one!'

Yeah, the "paying rent" bit was weirdly specific if he just thought there was a base, but paying some sort of access fee to utilize the local's airbases etc sounds much more plausible. Also very reasonable: if they're refueling American recon aircraft and the like there, and the Saudis actually maintain the base, then it's only fair that the user pays.

According to Trump, it should be the other way around..... At least I'm pretty sure that's what his stance on it would be.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 31, 2016, 10:55:21 am »

It's slightly worrisome however, how many people seem to have realized that they need to read the constitution. I wonder what they were like before that.

"DUDE! You're supposed to defend the Constitution, not read it."
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:26 am »

... it's, uh. Not actually indicative of that? As noted above. Fair amount of 'em will just be getting it cause it's a pocket edition. Easy to carry reference et al. Maybe just because they wanted a print copy or somethin'. Not like there's not free version basically everywhere.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 31, 2016, 11:34:24 am »

Literally everywhere (with wifi or cell access, sorry C-Spire customers!) https://www.congress.gov/constitution-annotated/ really.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 31, 2016, 11:44:54 am »

The only book selling better is the most recent book from the Harry Potter series.
Both/all sides are trying to find out the the details of how to get rid of their own particular flavour of Dementor...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 31, 2016, 11:49:26 am »

Expectorate Trumponum!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 31, 2016, 11:51:29 am »

Not one to share articles, but I did find this one interesting.

http://americannewsx.com/politics/why-cant-you-believe-hillary-clinton-is-inherently-honest/
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 31, 2016, 12:35:50 pm »

Compared to Trump, she is pratically saintly. I guess most of the 'liar, liar, pants (dress?) on fire' towards Clinton has been over her statements on Benghazi and the whole email server thing. That and the republicans hammering her for decades.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 31, 2016, 12:45:48 pm »

What's intriguing to me is that Clinton has so few statements compared to Trump, while it aggregates over nine years, rather than less than two months.

My bet is that Hillary is very careful with her words. Don't know about her internal honesty, just like I'm not sure about most politicians' internal honesty, but she makes sure she can't be caught out for her statements, at least.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 31, 2016, 12:49:36 pm »

What's intriguing to me is that Clinton has so few statements compared to Trump, while it aggregates over nine years, rather than less than two months.

My bet is that Hillary is very careful with her words. Don't know about her internal honesty, just like I'm not sure about most politicians' internal honesty, but she makes sure she can't be caught out for her statements, at least.
Politifact generally rates technically-true-but-misleading statements as "half true" or "mostly false", if that's what you're getting at.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 31, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »

Politifact tends to go where there is something for them to talk about.  Trump constantly invents new lies which means there is an unusually large amount of Trump to talk about.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1249