Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1360892 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1500 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:08 pm »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 27, 2016, 12:01:26 pm »

CIA kill Trump when?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:15 pm »

Anyone who thought that I was joking or was wrong about Trump being a Russian shill, eat your heart out. He really fucking is.
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:29 pm »

Well this is unusual: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html
Maybe after losing in November, he'll invite a "liberation army" from Russia and China to restore order and sit him on his appointed throne.

EDIT: And actually, this is classic Trump. He just short-circuited the news bump from the Democratic Convention by saying something stupid and controversial and getting the spotlight back on himself. He knows exactly how to play the media game -- paint yourself orange and dance around waving your bare ass at the world, and you will get all the free airtime you could possibly want. And suck all the air out of the room for your opponent(s).

And he never really gets the negative blowback from acting like an unhinged ass, because he's cultivated a personality of being one. So people just shrug and say "Oh, he's just being Trump, he didn't really mean it."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:23:56 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 27, 2016, 12:24:53 pm »

It's interesting that he categorically denied having any investments in Russia.  For one thing it's almost certainly false.  He is a billionaire (I mean probably? we aren't actually sure) with well known ties to Russian finance.  I would be very surprised if he didn't have a million parked in Russia.  And when he does that he is now on the record lying about his ties to Russia in a way that the media gobbles up. He is basically ignoring everything he has used to get himself this far.  He could just say "no comment" a bunch and wait for it to blow over when he gets caught but it might have legs.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 27, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »

Later, asked directly if he was actually asking a foreign nation to hack into Ms Clinton’s emails, he dismissed the question.

“That’s up to the president,” Mr  Trump said, telling the female questioner to “be quiet”.

He also declined to unequivocally call on Mr Putin, the Russian president, not to meddle in the election. “I’m not going to tell Putin what to do,” Mr  Trump said. “Why should I tell Putin what to do?”

Uh >_>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:00:59 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 27, 2016, 01:05:02 pm »

Later, asked directly if he was actually asking a foreign nation to hack into Ms Clinton’s emails, he dismissed the question.

“That’s up to the president,” Mr  Trump said, telling the female questioner to “be quiet”.

He also declined to unequivocally call on Mr Putin, the Russian president, not to meddle in the election. “I’m not going to tell Putin what to do,” Mr  Trump said. “Why should I tell Putin what to do?

Uh >_>
[RUSSIAN SHILL INTENSIFIES]
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:06 pm »

He also declined to unequivocally call on Mr Putin, the Russian president, not to meddle in the election. “I’m not going to tell Putin what to do,” Mr  Trump said. “Why should I tell Putin what to do?”

Uh >_>
On the one hand that actually sorta makes sense?  He's supposedly not involved with the Russians, so it's a bit inappropriate for him to make demands of Putin.
On the other hand it's hilarious.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:56 pm »

So, uh, I was gonna respond to mainiac but I got distracted

All of his posts say edited February 10, 1988 by UR MOM.

I, uh. What?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 27, 2016, 01:18:35 pm »

We have real news now.  Forget my beautifully crafted personal text and get the popcorn.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 27, 2016, 01:26:45 pm »

Well it is sort of weird.

Trump hates China
Trump hates Mexico
Trump hates Europe / NATO
Threatening to pull defense spending from South Korea and Japan

Basically he's talked about not cooperating with the top 8 trading partners of the USA (except Canada, but what can you really say?), but not a single harsh word to say about what Russia has been up to.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:35:27 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 27, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »

Well it is sort of weird.

Trump hates China
Trump hates Mexico
Trump hates Europe / NATO
Threatening to pull defense spending from South Korea and Japan

Basically he's had harsh words for all of America's major trading partners (except Canada, but what can you really say?), but not a single harsh word to say about what Russia has been up to.
It's not weird, he gets a sizable portion of his funding from Russia, he is indebted to Russian organizations, he literally calls on Russian government hackers to help his campaign by doing something which they wanted to incarcerate Clinton for enabling the possibility of, it would be fucking weird if he said anything bad about Russia after that.

tl;dr he's a Russian shill, when will people finally realize this simple fact
._.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 27, 2016, 01:31:32 pm »

So, uh, I was gonna respond to mainiac but I got distracted

All of his posts say edited February 10, 1988 by UR MOM.

I, uh. What?
That startled me too until I found out it's personal text. You can see it in the profile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:58 pm »

Well I did find a right-wing fringe site that said Trump was tough on Russia:

The Russian military, under the direction of President Vladimir Putin, have been acting provocatively of late, particularly in the Baltic Sea, repeatedly buzzing a U.S. Navy vessel with their fighter jets and doing barrel-rolls over our surveillance aircraft.
As to Russia’s actions, Trump said they were a clear sign of Putin’s “lack of respect” for Obama and America. Asked what he would do about it if he were president, Trump said, “I would call him and tell him don’t do it again.”

Putin must be quaking in his boots knowing that things might escalate to a stern phone call from Mr Trump.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:39:41 pm by Reelya »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 27, 2016, 01:39:44 pm »

Think of the lives Obama could save by just phoning ISIS.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1249