Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386260 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1290 on: July 25, 2016, 09:02:18 pm »

That speech is awesome. Why isn't he running for President?

He probably didn't want to get steamrolled by Clinton. That's really the reason that a lot of folks didn't run this year, so expect a much more diverse field in 2020.

Well, unless Clinton decides to run again then and she is seen as going strong still. I fully expect the Republicans to explode in a riotous Cambrian Explosion array of candidates.

Of course though, four years is a VERY long time in politics.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:35 pm »

Lolwhat, someone shouted 'Lock Him Up!', don't know who, but saw it in the captions.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »

"This election is not Democrats versus Republicans, it's right versus wrong"

Calls for crusade, when? :P
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 25, 2016, 09:04:00 pm »

So Clinton did something but you can imagine a hypothetical where she didn't.  So dont give her the respect she gave.

Jesus wept......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you think Clinton fell in line because of some element of nobility and altruism and not because she made an absolutely shrewd calculation to not burn her bridges looking forward to 2016, then I have nothing else to say because you have drunk so much Kool-Aid your eyeballs are turning Day-Glo orange.

I'm not defending the douchery that the Bernie diehards are up to now, but I'm also not shedding any tears for Clinton. The only reason the PUMAs didn't cause more of a stir at the '08 convention is that they more or less boycotted it. And most of them won't vote for Clinton in 2016.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 25, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »

If you think Clinton fell in line because of some element of nobility and altruism and not because she made an absolutely shrewd calculation to not burn her bridges looking forward to 2016, then I have nothing else to say because you have drunk so much Kool-Aid your eyeballs are turning Day-Glo blue.

LONG LIVE PAUL MANIAC MAUD'DIB!

Lol, had to :D

edit: Michelle Obama!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 25, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »

That speech is awesome. Why isn't he running for President?

He probably didn't want to get steamrolled by Clinton. That's really the reason that a lot of folks didn't run this year, so expect a much more diverse field in 2020.

Well, unless Clinton decides to run again then and she is seen as going strong still. I fully expect the Republicans to explode in a riotous Cambrian Explosion array of candidates.

Of course though, four years is a VERY long time in politics.
That should be 2024, sorry.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 25, 2016, 09:10:13 pm »

People keep asking why Tim didn't run, but they keep forgetting that the main thing I've heard about this guy is that he is not hugely ambitious type. Tim Kaine is a boring man from boring land who is nonetheless an absolutely phenomenal second apparently. In this case, I think Hillary did better with him than Trump did with Pence.
If you think Clinton fell in line because of some element of nobility and altruism and not because she made an absolutely shrewd calculation to not burn her bridges looking forward to 2016, then I have nothing else to say because you have drunk so much Kool-Aid your eyeballs are turning Day-Glo orange.
Obama gave her a position if you recall. A rather important one. Does that change your calculus?

Also everyone can we please, you know, rachet down the tone a bit? Just a teeny bit. Just from the two guys who are in the thread title. Just a smidge.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 25, 2016, 09:12:35 pm »

I'd... kinda' expect mainiac to be more annoyed by the fact that sanders et al aren't making similarly shrewd decisions than anything related to nobility, really...

It certainly bugs me more than any hypothetical, or even actual, good character. Though that it lacks that, too, does make things worse. One of the things worse than malice (or whatever) is incompetent malice :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 25, 2016, 09:14:32 pm »

People keep asking why Tim didn't run, but they keep forgetting that the main thing I've heard about this guy is that he is not hugely ambitious type. Tim Kaine is a boring man from boring land who is nonetheless an absolutely phenomenal second apparently. In this case, I think Hillary did better with him than Trump did with Pence.
Obama gave her a position if you recall. A rather important one. Does that change your calculus?

Also everyone can we please, you know, rachet down the tone a bit? Just a teeny bit. Just from the two guys who are in the thread title. Just a smidge.
Dude. Yesterday you were blaming me for ratcheting things up when I wasn't even involved. Am I allowed to type anything anymore?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 25, 2016, 09:21:35 pm »

Michelle's done now. That was a pretty good speech, too.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 25, 2016, 09:25:37 pm »

Hah, so after the awkward innuendo of the original Trump/Pence logo they switched to one less... easily mocked.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 25, 2016, 09:26:06 pm »

Michelle's done now. That was a pretty good speech, too.
Yeah, there's a good set of balanced speeches. Not all attack dog stuff, which is good to see.

Even Warren is getting shouted over by a few. Sounded like "We must refuse", which was a missed opportunity. Should have gone with "We Must Dissent".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:31:07 pm by RedKing »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 25, 2016, 09:31:22 pm »

Dude. Yesterday you were blaming me for ratcheting things up when I wasn't even involved. Am I allowed to type anything anymore?

Why are you getting outraged.  You are no Obama.  I dont owe you a thing.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 25, 2016, 09:32:46 pm »

Love Liz Warren, but I'm always a little disappointed in her speaking ability. She's competent-but-eh.

E:
Even Warren is getting shouted over by a few. Sounded like "We must refuse", which was a missed opportunity. Should have gone with "We Must Dissent".
It was "We trusted you!" I guess they just can't bear to break up with Warren. So many Sad Bernies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:35:11 pm by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 25, 2016, 09:36:28 pm »

Soooo...Hillary is Ratcliffe, Bernie is Powhatan, and Warren is Pocahontas, yes?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1249