Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386317 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1275 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »

Okay so I've missed it but apparently the Berniebros have been called out as being "ridiculous". Should've been sooner, but better later than never.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:31 pm »

Meanwhile HRC's main flaw is that she isn't an elite liberal, just a liberal.

Uh, she IS an elite liberal, given her standing and seniority (and by that, I don't mean age), but it's certainly not her main flaw.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:51 pm »

Should've been sooner,

April would have been good.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:20 pm »

Wow...that Paul Simon introduction was probably the most awkward thing ever. Even worse than most failed SNL sketches.

Yeah, seemed like some wierd method to stall for time because Paul Simon was late or something.

Okay so I've missed it but apparently the Berniebros have been called out as being "ridiculous". Should've been sooner, but better later than never.

Well, you know politicians, they don't want to risk their careers too much. She's not a politician and so, can take the risk.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 25, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »

They're now doing an introduction of sorts for Tim Kaine? I think...

Edit: Oh that was the late former governor, Mario Cuomo.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:07 pm »

Just finally started to tune in. Immediate Trump bashing. But fudge Trump and his hair. Let the convention roll on!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 25, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

Uh, she IS an elite liberal, given her standing and seniority (and by that, I don't mean age), but it's certainly not her main flaw.
Yeah sorry, I meant "extreme".  I was using the obscure Liberal Crime Squad term to be silly, which was misleading.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 25, 2016, 08:45:14 pm »

L++ or riot

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 25, 2016, 08:48:31 pm »

You know that thing you hate, where you claim people are ascribing implications and sentiments to your statements that you didn't explicitly make?
Yeah. You're doing that.

Okay, please explain to me why no democratic speaker deserves respect if Clinton is the nominee.  The way YOU meant it.
I didn't say anything about other speakers, and neither did you.

What is infuriating is the presumptuous attitude of "shut up and praise Hillary" that has been plaguing all of this since the start.

Clinton showed this respect to Obama.
This was the context. You are saying that Clinton shut up and praised Obama in 2008. Which is arguable, but I'll grant it. My point is that the situation is not the same, and Clinton is not the same kind of groundswell candidate that Obama was, nor was her strategic situation the same as Sanders' situation now.

If she had been pushing 70 in 2008, she may well have put up one hell of a fight. Maybe not. But Obama wasn't plagued with scandal, didn't have significant unfavorability ratings, etc. She'd have had a weak case to fight the nomination.

Cory Booker giving a pretty damn good speech.
Still wish he'd have run. Hell, there are SO many people I wish had run but were scared off by the Hillary juggernaut.

EDIT: And now Booker is getting (weakly) shouted down by BLM? WTF?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:52:06 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 25, 2016, 08:50:16 pm »

So Clinton did something but you can imagine a hypothetical where she didn't.  So dont give her the respect she gave.

She'd have had a weak case to fight the nomination.

Oh yeah, unlike Bernie.  ::)

The main difference between Clinton and Sanders is that Clinton actually was close to being president.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:52:07 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 25, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »

Yeah sorry, I meant "extreme".  I was using the obscure Liberal Crime Squad term to be silly, which was misleading.
... policy wise she kinda' is, though, particularly by US standards. Certainly roughly as much as bernie is, or at worst barely trailing. Could say that's not actually saying that much, considering bernie's actual positions, but *shrugs*

Clinton's opinion issues rarely have bugger all to do with how liberal she or what she supports is, far as I've been able to tell. It has occasionally happened throughout the last couple decades (I haven't exactly met too many folks that haven't fluctuated a fair bit over a twenty year period, m'self, though), but not particularly often. Especially relative to her generation she's been managing to be pretty consistently fairly hard left on most issues.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »

Still wish he'd have run. Hell, there are SO many people I wish had run but were scared off by the Hillary juggernaut.

Yeah, same here dammit.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »

That speech is awesome. Why isn't he running for President?
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 25, 2016, 08:57:34 pm »

Saving it for the next round :V

Alternately he didn't actually want to. Have you seen what happens to US presidents? It may be 4-8 years (or less), but it shaves a hell of a lot more off their lifespan than that, by all appearances.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:09 pm »

That speech is awesome. Why isn't he running for President?

He probably didn't want to get steamrolled by Clinton. That's really the reason that a lot of folks didn't run this year, so expect a much more diverse field in 2024.

E: corrected date.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:08:36 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1249