Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386315 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1260 on: July 25, 2016, 07:43:56 pm »

There sure is a lot of shots fired at Trump I'm hearing in DNC.

Also, I think I can still hear people booing and chanting "Bernie". Hopefully they'll stop soon-ish, because they're not doing their party and their cause a lot of good.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 25, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »

I'm not exactly sure how we'd do proportional representation for presidential candidates, but I would support surgically removing 43.1% of Hillary Clinton's body and grafting the equivalent amount of Bernie Sanders onto her.
Maybe time share? They split the weeks or somethin', or just the overall term.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1262 on: July 25, 2016, 07:45:50 pm »

Okay so you are in fact saying that it's the democrats fault that they didn't give the Bernie Sanders supporters something that isn't remotely in the domain of their power.  Being assholes to people is okay if they dont give you things that are literally impossible.
It's not literally impossible, they can totally do it if Clinty wins the final round

I'm not exactly sure how we'd do proportional representation for presidential candidates, but I would support surgically removing 43.1% of Hillary Clinton's body and grafting the equivalent amount of Bernie Sanders onto her.
remove president, problem solved

Or a directory.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 25, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »

I'm sure that Hillary would be largely unaffected by this, but that seems like it might kill Sanders. Maybe wait until 2020, he'll probably be dead  by then.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:48:32 pm by Criptfeind »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 25, 2016, 07:47:01 pm »

And you're surprised?

And hey, a name I somewhat recognize, Kristen Gillibrand.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »

It's not literally impossible, they can totally do it if Clinty wins the final round

We have this thing called the constitution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Five_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Procedure_for_amending_the_Constitution
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »

Parties get more seats depending on how many votes they get. Whichever party (or coalition) has the most seats becomes Government. Party leader is made Prime Minister. His cabinet is given executive power.

Because the Westminster system is good, dammit.
It solves the 2-party problem.  I don't know if it's the best, but it's certainly better than what we do!  Fricken electoral college.

Hey, some of 'em are trying something.
Huh, that's pretty neat.  The massively overrepresented (low-pop) states would never go for it, but I guess they don't have to.
Too bad they can't use a good system like instant-runoff.  Unless they add options to their general-election ballots...  Since apparently states get to design those for some reason.  *cough butterfly ballot cough*

Also, I think I can still hear people booing and chanting "Bernie". Hopefully they'll stop soon-ish, because they're not doing their party and their cause a lot of good.
*mumble grumble* as if they even have a party.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 25, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »

I'm sure that Hillary would be largely unaffected by this, but that seems like it might kill Sanders. Maybe wait until 2020, he'll probably be dead  by then.
Berlary Sandton/Kane 2020!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 25, 2016, 07:58:37 pm »

And you're surprised?
It's a little bit too similar to RNC's obsessions with attacks on Clinton.

It's also been followed a few times by throwing some really thick praises towards Clinton.

It's kind of... I don't know, but I don't really like it.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 25, 2016, 08:05:23 pm »

And you're surprised?

It's also been followed a few times by throwing some really thick praises towards Clinton.

You're just not used to truly competitive elections.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 25, 2016, 08:14:26 pm »

Clinton is no Obama.

So the rules apply... except when you dont like someone.

And I suppose Elijah Cummings is no Obama either?  Marcia Fudge?  Paul Booth?  Honestly, it's amazing the number of people who aren't Obama.
You know that thing you hate, where you claim people are ascribing implications and sentiments to your statements that you didn't explicitly make?
Yeah. You're doing that.

EDIT: Really? Al Franken reduced to hawking fundraising raffle trips like an NPR telethon host.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:17:46 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 25, 2016, 08:20:20 pm »

More skit from another comedian, lol :)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 25, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »

And you're surprised?

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like Trump opens himself up to attack.  He offers outrageous promises and plans which don't seem to hold up to fact checking.  He's completely untested in politics.  And beyond that stuff, he's also... pretty rude?

HRC was first lady of Arkansas in 1979.  Of the USA from 1993-2001.  Then a US senator from 2001-2009.  She's been deeply involved in politics for over two decades, with people desperate to dig up dirt on her.  And what do the Republicans have?  This email scandal which isn't even going to court.  And arguably that she's too friendly with corporations - and you know the Republicans are desperate when that's all they have.

My point is that she's tested, and Trump isn't.  I mean, we don't even know if Trump is rich.  He refuses to release that information, and basically lied about the reason (a supposed audit which wouldn't even prevent the release).  Yet his supposed business success personal financial success is core to his entire campaign.

So while negative campaigning is rough, I think this is a case where it's actually very necessary.  Trump's basically running on a Big Lie:  If you keep doubling down, eventually everyone will fold.  That needs to be called out.

Meanwhile HRC's main flaw is that she isn't an elite liberal, just a liberal.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 25, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »

Wow...that Paul Simon introduction was probably the most awkward thing ever. Even worse than most failed SNL sketches.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 25, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »

You know that thing you hate, where you claim people are ascribing implications and sentiments to your statements that you didn't explicitly make?
Yeah. You're doing that.

Okay, please explain to me why no democratic speaker deserves respect if Clinton is the nominee.  The way YOU meant it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1249