Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386433 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1215 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:18 pm »

I am so distress right now.  THIS IS HOW IT ENDS PEOPLE.  RIP AMERIKA.

???

Not like they're actively punching each other. Also, we've had racous conventions before (DNC 1968 anybody?) and America didn't end then.

Acoustics.

As annoying is this is (and it is pretty damn annoying), this really isn't anywhere as bad as '68. Probably a good thing, since the Democrats lost that year.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 25, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

So it wont be as bad as 68.  Trump will just win 48 states.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 25, 2016, 04:47:06 pm »

So it wont be as bad as 68.  Trump will just win 48 states.
I think you're overreacting. Yeah, Sander's people are being assholes, but it's not the end of the world. It's not even as bad as the Republican convention, so if Trump can do as badly as he did and still get a post-convention bump, than Clinton will be fine.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »

God forbid people have an opinion outside the approved truth of President Clinton.

If this is the general reaction to somebody so much as disagreeing with her, then I really do hope Trump wins.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »

I'm exaggerating for comedy a little bit but I'm seriously starting to get scared here.  On April 20th, I would have thought that the party disunity lasting this long was very unlikely.  Deadlines have a way of creeping up on you...

Not to mention that four months ago we were hoping to recapture the house if the economy held steady and Trump stayed dickish.  Now the economy holds steady and Trump is a dick but there's no hope of taking the house.  Fucking liberals always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:58:13 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:02 pm »

God forbid people have an opinion outside the approved truth of President Clinton.

If this is the general reaction to somebody so much as disagreeing with her, then I really do hope Trump wins.
There's a pretty big difference between having an opinion and making yourself into a massive asshole, and these people are clearly doing the latter.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:51 pm »

I'm exaggerating for comedy a little bit but I'm seriously starting to get scared here.  On April 20th, I would have thought that the party disunity lasting this long was very unlikely.  Deadlines have a way of creeping up on you...

Not to mention that four months ago we were hoping to recapture the house if the economy held steady.  Now the economy holds steady and there's no hope of taking the house.  Fucking liberals always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hey now, you're a liberal yourself. More of the 'Hillary liberal' than 'Sanders liberal' though. Besides, the gerrymandering makes it a heck of a lot harder.

Anyway, funny that both conventions still use voice vote only in this day and age.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 25, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »

Hey now, you're a liberal yourself.

And I hate that we start every race by shooting ourselves in the foot.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 25, 2016, 05:06:43 pm »

Hey now, you're a liberal yourself.

And I hate that we start every race by shooting ourselves in the foot.

I don't think we shot ourselves in the foot in 2008? Granted though, the primary was a grind fest.

Anyways, Sanders and his campaign (and former staffers) are trying to quell the revolt. http://www.politico.com/live-blog-updates/2016/07/live-from-the-democratic-national-convention-000004#postid=00000156-240e-df11-a37f-f72ff5590000

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 25, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »

I don't think we shot ourselves in the foot in 2008?

No, we saved our powder for 2010 so we could shoot both feet and lose extra hard the year that determined redistricting.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 25, 2016, 05:14:04 pm »

Looks like the revolt has mostly calmed down for now. I haven't heard any chanting for the last two or three speakers now.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 25, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »

Looks like the revolt has mostly calmed down for now. I haven't heard any chanting for the last two or three speakers now.

Sanders used text message!  It's super effective!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 25, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »

That 100 year old camera they're using is awesome and so full of history.

editwhiletyping: And one of the drawbacks of the camera, no movement because blurred otherwise.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 25, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »

Man, this isn't about "so much as disagreeing." People are welcome to have an opinion, of basically all sorts. Disagreement is important, as is expressing it. The thing that's pissing people off here is time and place, as well as means. If this was in a business, you'd be looking at a subordinate starting a shouting match with their project lead in the middle of the work floor, right when an investor tour or somethin' is walking through, as their means for addressing grievances. Maybe even a friggin' contracted subordinate.

If you have, like. Any working knowledge of group interaction, and particularly professional group interaction, that should make it really clear what sort of fuckup folks are calling this. If you give a single shit about the group you're working with, have anything approaching professional ethics, and a whole bunch of other stuff along those lines, it's not how you act. At all.

But hey, maybe bernie and/or the folks that were supporting him don't give a single shit about the group. Maybe they're actively there to sabotage it at this point. That's their prerogative. It doesn't mean folks that do give the least of shits can't be pissed at 'em when they start doing just that, regardless of intent.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 25, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »

This isn't a business project, it's an allegedly free political party's convention. Anybody who got delegates has the right to speak their mind. There is no "fall in line bro or else" here, and "professionalism" is just a catch-all for "do as I say, not as I do".

But silly me, you're right, it really is a business project. And that is why on election day, I will vote against Clinton with glee. I'll vote against my pre-approved leadership every fucking election until the message starts to stick.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1249