Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386486 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1185 on: July 25, 2016, 03:11:30 pm »

Wait, seriously? Is he still trying to fight this? That's literally a "forehead in palm, rub your eyebrows, and sigh" type of thing.

It's weird to me that there are people who dont think everything after the New York primary is like that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 25, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »

Mainiac, did you read the bit where it was Sanders-aligned delegates, not Sanders himself, that were doing the thing?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 25, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/tim-kaine-vp-challenge-convention-226125  Warren for VP?
Now he is fucking with the VP pick.

Wait, seriously? Is he still trying to fight this? That's literally a "forehead in palm, rub your eyebrows, and sigh" type of thing.

Read the article, it doesn't even say Sanders is directly involved, it's his supporters that are bringing up the challenge. Hell, he said in a speech to his supporters to support Clinton and got booed over it.

Seriously though, you two sound like it's something completely unexpected....

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 25, 2016, 03:15:55 pm »

Washington Times = MSM, mainiac? Well, they're definitely not that, actually.

They're part of the religious right conservative network. The paper was literally founded by cult leader Sun Myung Moon to be the political voice of his religious beliefs. They also write news "to order" for rich conservative donors. David Brock (the conservative journalist who jumped ship) writes a lot about his time there in his memoirs. Basically he was being told to research and write these anti-Clinton stories, and he later found out his editor was getting direct cash payments for them from the Scaife Foundation (right wing oil billionaire who used to fund anti-Clinton media).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:23:10 pm by Reelya »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 25, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/tim-kaine-vp-challenge-convention-226125  Warren for VP?

Read the article, it doesn't even say Sanders is directly involved, it's his supporters that are bringing up the challenge. Hell, he said in a speech to his supporters to support Clinton and got booed over it.

Some people around here are living in their own fantasy land where the articles and facts look completely different.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 25, 2016, 03:26:53 pm »

Yeah, where on earth could they have gotten this idea from?

"I have known Tim Kaine for a number of years...Tim is a very, very smart guy. He is very nice guy," Sanders said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"He is more conservative than I am. Would I have preferred to see somebody like an Elizabeth Warren selected by Secretary Clinton? Yes, I would have."

It's fucking convention time and he still isn't playing for team democrat.  You dont backseat drive the presidency.  Doing this once four months ago would be a fuckup.  Doing it twice at convention week it's like the dude has no fucking clue what a political party is.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 25, 2016, 03:31:32 pm »

Off of The Guardian liveblog:

"Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake emerges and calls the convention to order.

But she forgets to gavel it. A tech has to intercept her as she walks offstage and herd her back to the lectern.

She jogs back across the blue carpet (in heels) and does the honors.

Gavel. #demsindisarray"

Can't say I blame her since the whole arrangement is so last minute...

Yeah, where on earth could they have gotten this idea from?

"I have known Tim Kaine for a number of years...Tim is a very, very smart guy. He is very nice guy," Sanders said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"He is more conservative than I am. Would I have preferred to see somebody like an Elizabeth Warren selected by Secretary Clinton? Yes, I would have."

It's fucking convention time and he still isn't playing for team democrat.  You dont backseat drive the presidency.  Doing this once four months ago would be a fuckup.  Doing it twice at convention week it's like the dude has no fucking clue what a political party is.

Stating ones opinion isn't the same thing as telling your supporters to revolt, and we don't know that he actually went and told them to do that.

Though yes, the 'in line with the party' action would have been to support Clintons VP pick, but given that he got booed when he told his supporters to support Clinton, theres no guarantee that they won't strike out on their own.

edit: corrected city.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:42:33 pm by smjjames »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 25, 2016, 03:32:18 pm »

Doing it twice at convention week it's like the dude has no fucking clue what a political party is.

Well, wasn't he an independent before he registered Democrat for this election? Should it really surprise that he isn't going to play the good party soldier, especially when he's lost?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 25, 2016, 03:34:01 pm »

Philadelphia mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake???

You sure?

Doing it twice at convention week it's like the dude has no fucking clue what a political party is.

Well, wasn't he an independent before he registered Democrat for this election? Should it really surprise that he isn't going to play the good party soldier, especially when he's lost?
Not to mention that he's not even doing it twice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 25, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »

Well, some like to think of him as "ole grampa Sanders" rather than something vile and despicable, obsessed only with winning at any cost, like a politician.

Those who think that way didn't pay much attention when it was clear he lost and he kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing, doing significant damage to the image many had of him.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 25, 2016, 03:36:06 pm »

Stating ones opinion isn't the same thing as telling your supporters to revolt, and we don't know that he actually went and told them to do that.

Sure and it's not the same as killing a bald eagle either.  But a politician who actually gives a fuck about the party doesn't do EITHER.

Well gee...

Not to mention that he's not even doing it twice.

It's the second fuckup, not the second incidence of this fuckup.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 25, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »

Philadelphia mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake???

You sure?

Whoop, typo on The Guardian's part...

edit: fixed it now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2016, 03:47:09 pm »

While I would have been upset at Sanders had he outright asked for his supporters to revolt—or even revoked his recommendation of Hillary—I think he can hardly be blamed for asking for the person who actually rigged the election against him to step down. I mean, party unity is important and all, but that's a pretty awful thing to do.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 25, 2016, 03:48:22 pm »

It's fucking convention time and he still isn't playing for team democrat.

Didn't you just spend the last few months saying the democratic parties support for Hillary over Bernie was okay because he wasn't on team democrat? (Something that I more or less agree with.) It seems like you sorta wanta have your cake and eat it too. The democratic party doesn't have to support Bernie because he's not a democrat. Bernie has to support the democratic party.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 25, 2016, 03:50:15 pm »

While I would have been upset at Sanders had he outright asked for his supporters to revolt—or even revoked his recommendation of Hillary—I think he can hardly be blamed for asking for the person who actually rigged the election against him to step down.

Yeah but you can't blame DWS for that.  After all, Bernie Sanders murdered her father with his bare hands.

Didn't you just spend the last few months saying the democratic parties support for Hillary over Bernie was okay because he wasn't on team democrat?

And didn't you spend months saying that I was just making shit up because I prefered Clinton?

Someone who actually cared about stopping Trump would have endorsed four months ago and taken the fall for fuckups like this.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1249