Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387004 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #975 on: July 23, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »

Is this appropriate point to declare that all the Bernie supporters are going to shift libertarian and catapult Johnson 2016 to victory?
Who is Johnson anyways?

Also highly unlikely, if they can't beat Clinton in their own party, how the hell are they gonna do it outside?

I'm not sure what you meant by "perspective" making MSNBC look bad.
Russia Today looks good to Russians

And there is no evidence that the head of MSNBC kow-towed to the DNC, so that part has zero evidence of executive meddling.
The head of the DNC complaining that Brzezinski had gone too far by saying she had mistreated Bernie, then getting her director of DNC communications director to call the President of MSNBC, after the communications director already went to Chuck (MSNBC's meet the press lad), telling him "This has to stop?", and that she'd like a meeting with Chuck and Pressy Phil. Nothing suspicious about "talking to Phil about this since our breakfast."? Hahahahaha

All we know is that the DNC wanted to complain about the negative coverage. The fact is, there's no follow-on email, which implies that the complaint was ignored by MSNBC. Which is as it should be, because the head of a TV network has no place ordering show hosts on what they can and can't say.
Did you miss the part where the ends in arranging a meeting in person? Dunno how you get that implication

But "ordering you on what you can and can't say" - unthinkable anywhere else, is exactly how ex-FOX News workers describe the place. Go watch "Outfoxed" which is a documentary solely consisting of people who used to work for FOX News. They describe how it was basically Men in Black dictating what you can and can't write, with Roger Ailes keeping a tight control of the message: a lot like you'd imagine working in Soviet State TV to be like. These journalists had all worked at various news outlets, and say they had never experienced anything like that anywhere else.
Dood I'm not Republican or Democrat, Fox News being Stalinist does not make MSNBC Saintly, they're both controlled opposition

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 23, 2016, 12:54:14 pm »

The head of the DNC complaining that Brzezinski had gone too far by saying she had mistreated Bernie, then getting her director of DNC communications director to call the President of MSNBC, after the communications director already went to Chuck (MSNBC's meet the press lad), telling him "This has to stop?", and that she'd like a meeting with Chuck and Pressy Phil. Nothing suspicious about "talking to Phil about this since our breakfast."? Hahahahaha

The bernie crowd was acting like turds on TV.  They were claiming that the DNC had rigged the process.  These claims have been thoroughly debunked.  But I dont see you shitting on Jeff Weaver.  They were turds who were lying long after the fat lady had sung.  And you are angry that the DNC in private said it was frustrating to be lied about.  Gee, why on earth?

And yes.  The DNC defended the obvious democratic nominee.  See there is a clever coded message in their name.  If you spell it out it's Democratic National Committee.  See that first word there?  The "democrat" part indicates that they support democratic candidates, especially the presumptive nominee.

It is the misinformed bitching of spoiled children who start bitching without the slightest bit of curiousity how anything works.  But rather then say "Wow, I keep believing stupid shit, maybe I should have a little bit of caution" you just talk about how large the body of accusations are.  Of course the body of accusations are large.  You are getting your information from dumbassess with no filter.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »

Meanwhile Trumpists act like turds everywhere and thanks to a crowded field, win.

The primary, at least. Lets go Gary Johnson 2016!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 23, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »

Best case: Bernie is made DNC Chair; that would give him significant influence over the direction of the party, while also allowing him to remain in the Senate.

OMG, this would actually be the best possible outcome.  Shove him in the most thankless job out there and let him see how hard it is to make this shit work when one isn't even allowed to defend oneself against baseless accusations.  Watch as the politician you insisted was different becomes a byword for inaction and controversy overnight.

Well actually no, then you would just call him an establishment sellout, move on to the next sexy thing and nothing would change.
Well, actually, I figure what would happen is he would have an aneurysm because people wouldn't listen, and he's really old, and been doing this senatorial business for a long, long time.

And then everyone would mourn him, and the whole shebang would be over, and we would have lost a strong voice for the left. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of perspective. I think it would be a terrible loss.

Personally, I'll support Hillary but damn does finding out the inner workings of the whole process annoy me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 23, 2016, 01:18:42 pm »

The bernie crowd was acting like turds on TV.  They were claiming that the DNC had rigged the process.  These claims have been thoroughly debunked.  But I dont see you shitting on Jeff Weaver.  They were turds who were lying long after the fat lady had sung.  And you are angry that the DNC in private said it was frustrating to be lied about.  Gee, why on earth?

And yes.  The DNC defended the obvious democratic nominee.  See there is a clever coded message in their name.  If you spell it out it's Democratic National Committee.  See that first word there?  The "democrat" part indicates that they support democratic candidates, especially the presumptive nominee.

It is the misinformed bitching of spoiled children who start bitching without the slightest bit of curiousity how anything works.  But rather then say "Wow, I keep believing stupid shit, maybe I should have a little bit of caution" you just talk about how large the body of accusations are.  Of course the body of accusations are large.  You are getting your information from dumbassess with no filter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 23, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and even-handedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.”
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 23, 2016, 01:27:04 pm »

Personally, I'll support Hillary but damn does finding out the inner workings of the whole process annoy me.
... personally, finding out how people react to the inner workings of this stuff is starting to get a little depressing. It didn't quite register how painfully unexposed many people are to basic PR/campaigning/advertising/etc. practices. They see stuff that would barely even register as a tuesday in regards to interorganizational communication/negotiation and whatnot and flip.

S'just, like. What did people think this stuff looked like? How the hell is this some kind of surprise?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 23, 2016, 01:36:21 pm »

“The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and even-handedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.”

Not that anyone will give a shit if they do exactly that.  SYSTEM WAS RIGGED.  I have emails that prove it!  Look where the DNC was discussing how they couldn't respond to Sanders criticism due to the need to be impartial.  PROOF THAT ITS RIGGED.

They see stuff that would barely even register as a tuesday in regards to interorganizational communication/negotiation and whatnot and flip.

Oh but it's WIKILEAKS.  They didn't want you to see this stuff!  You can't learn this anywhere else but here and published books and talk show interviews.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 23, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:50 pm »

So what's Kasich's line on Trump now that he has the nomination?

~~~

Found this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-22/trump-would-fund-super-pacs-aimed-at-taking-down-cruz-kasich-iqybu9m1

Donald Trump plans to create and fund super-PACs specifically aimed at ending the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich should either run for office again, after both snubbed the Republican nominee during his party's convention this week, a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday.

The plan would involve Trump investing millions of his own money --perhaps $20 million or more -- in one or two outside groups about six months before their respective election days if Texas Senator Cruz or Ohio Governor Kasich stand for office again. The person said Trump is willing to set up two separate super-PACs – one for Cruz and one for Kasich – and put millions into each.
“Maybe I’ll set up a super-PAC if he decides to run,” Trump said of Cruz.  Turning to his running mate Mike Pence he asked rhetorically, “Are you allowed to set up a super-PAC…if you are the president, to fight someone?”

So in other words it's not enough just to beat you, he has to grind you into dust afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:06:32 pm by Reelya »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

So what's Kasich's line on Trump now that he has the nomination?

His line is that Trump is a dangerous demagogue with no respect for the rule of law. I'm not going to apologize for liking the man

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 23, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »

I don't know anything about Kasich so that's your prerogative.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #987 on: July 23, 2016, 03:08:00 pm »

What's this about VP Kanye? I thought he was Trump's initial pick?

[Reads]

Actually, if Kaine was running under trump I don't think I could tell the difference.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 23, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »

Hey, this is a guy who went with Thiel as a major convention speaker. Using money to ruin people you don't like is completely reasonable to that world-view.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 23, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

Good for them.

I wonder if Trump actually has 40 million to spend on a petty retaliation.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1249