Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387081 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #915 on: July 22, 2016, 04:08:52 pm »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #916 on: July 22, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »

Trying to clear up confusion whether he might be an atheist or not being clear on that seems legit to me.
Besides, you guys DO know how religious parts of our country are. It may not be a big deal in England or France or whatever, but to some people, it is a big deal. Not one of those people btw.
I'm not making any comments on that, I just love the email title

Brad: My southern baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a jew and an atheist
Amy: No shit

Politics is fun when politicians have fun

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 22, 2016, 04:14:21 pm »

I mean a joke craigslist ad?  What, was this a secret craigslist ad?

It uses the company's real email address, and was vetted and approved by the DNC director of communications, who said it was fine as long as "the offensive shit is verbatim," apparently hoping it'd get picked up on. There's a fair shade of difference between that and some random guy posting it.

You mean the service that is the subject of books and documentaries and whose founder was on NPR doing interviews?  Oh but the internet is beating the mainstream media guys!

Not really implying implications with that one, just thought it was interesting.

Media collusion?  I am shocked, shocked! to learn that the Democratic National Committee was trying to put a pro-democratic spin on news stories.  Do they have no independence as journalists?

There's not really much to 4077 and 8157, I just copied them from a list. The interesting one is 10808, where it appears the DNC vetted an article critical of them.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »

In other news, man the US looks weird through electoral-college-goggles.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »

I like the US in hexes.  I just feels... right.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »

I like the US in hexes.  I just feels... right.
In the dark future of elections, political battles are not won by campaigns, rather they are decided on the outcome of tabletop games.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 22, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »

Veep picks are made primarily on the basis of movement ranges.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 22, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

You mean under the current system or in the hexagonal future?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 22, 2016, 04:39:17 pm »

You mean under the current system or in the hexagonal future?
more importantly, can they dig through slade?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 22, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »

What do you mean? Also, Trump said that he didn't believe in the whole swing state effect and the last time a VP was actually much help was in the 60's. Obviously though, it's not the only criteria that they use to vet VP candidates, because since when is Alaska a swing state?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #925 on: July 22, 2016, 04:47:25 pm »

>not taking banter seriously
>2016
The West will die for this

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 22, 2016, 04:51:20 pm »

What do you mean? Also, Trump said that he didn't believe in the whole swing state effect and the last time a VP was actually much help was in the 60's. Obviously though, it's not the only criteria that they use to vet VP candidates, because since when is Alaska a swing state?

That's two jokes you've missed now mate. You're on a written warning. Have a pint and take your banter seriously in future.

What was the first one?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 22, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

Oh man, it turns out that the DNC had information that makes the Bernie campaign look incompetent and not a serious bid for president.  Debbie Schultz (the same woman that was supposedly doing everything to derail the campaign) had to personally make sure that the Sanders campaign bothered to nominate people to the committees they would later accuse of being in the tank for his opponent.  I mean it's not as big a deal as when Debbie Schulz privately lobbied the Clinton campaign for more debates but it came a lot sooner in the process.

No doubt Sanders people will be very attentive to this information.  Even as the Sanders campaign was attacking her, she was sitting mum on information that would have helped her and make them look like jackasses.  Surely now all the supporters of Bernie Sanders will realize how unfairly they treated this woman.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:03:55 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:34 pm »

Noob-trap though. Obviously, a high movement range is useful, when it comes to the nitty-gritty movement ranges have a lowish winrate for a reason. People ignore more important things like synergy with the rest of your campaign. The classic example is McCain having what I consider to be a fairly tanky campaign, but instead going with a hyper-aggressive VP pick that was more of a liability than anything back in the '08 tournament. Terrible choice: forced to spend a lot of resources on defending a magnet for enemy fire when the whole point of his strat was to survive Obama's significantly more fragile build and string it out while poking holes in Obama's defense. And a high point cost to boot. Plus Palin's preferred terrain was terrible; Alaska? And all this for what? Her hyper-aggressive attacks played well enough on their own, but since she didn't fit with the rest of the campaign she was forced to go on her own to do any damage, but that left her vulnerable to counterplay and let Obama dictate the terms of the fight. Palin would have probably been better with Trump, for example, since he runs a hyper-aggressive lightening fast build that focuses on dominating the playfield and not getting bogged down in "fact on fact" fights that he never wins anyway. Biden, by contrast, was another unorthodox choice, but he synergized well enough with Obama's campaign that Biden was brought back for Obama's successful "aggressive defense" strategy as the reigning champion in 2012.

In any case, never pick a VP to dictate the terms of the fight, which is what you want with movement range. The Candidates' intrinsics are what define the battle; the VP's have intrinsics too, but again, it's a noob-trap. The only important stats for a VP are whether they have (USEFUL) favorable terrain bonuses or they synergize well with your build. Other than that you may as well go for a safe pick than one that will require you to go out of your way to utilize and may well do more harm then good.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 22, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »

McCain had no choice but to try to cheese.  He already did his presidential bid when the housing bubble patch came out and being a war hero got nerfed into the ground while Democratic economy attacks had that ridiculous buff.  He was sitting there with a stack full of nothing but lame ass powers like "suspend my campaign" and had to gamble on a long shot to even have a chance.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1249