Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387236 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:40 pm »

You either die a CSBRO or live long enough to see yourself become CYKA BLYAT

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:01 pm »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #782 on: July 21, 2016, 07:57:29 pm »

Took me a while to figure out that the URL was supposed to be Trump Lies and not a pet name for him or something
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 21, 2016, 08:00:58 pm »

Considering the frequency and extent to which he goes off-prompter, that text is going to be more of a rough guide. So I guess you could argue that we get to fact-check the official policy positions in the text and still have the mystery of his actual remarks to look forward to!
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 21, 2016, 08:10:47 pm »

Oh great. My stepdad just basically declared his undying loyalty to the Republican party, based solely on the rhetoric being bandied about in the speech by whoever it is speaking right now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 21, 2016, 08:33:15 pm »

Considering the frequency and extent to which he goes off-prompter, that text is going to be more of a rough guide. So I guess you could argue that we get to fact-check the official policy positions in the text and still have the mystery of his actual remarks to look forward to!

Wait what!!!??! Trump uses a prompter at all!!!??! That's news to me!!!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 21, 2016, 08:39:16 pm »

For a couple months now, IIRC.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:51 pm »

Oh hey, Trump's speech got leaked:

http://trumplies.com/an-advance-fact-check-of-trumps-remarks/
lol he's sticking exactly to the speech

and he's still horrible at articulation

fucking scrub
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 21, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »

Actually, with a little more consideration, I'm having troubling thinking of any US salutes of note that involve an extended arm. Even the military salute is a bent one. Closest we come to that is firearm related stuff, so far as I can recall.

Order of the Arrow salute (the elite circle within Boy Scouting in the US). It's supposed to symbolize drawing forth an arrow from a quiver and holding it forth, but boy howdy does it look uncomfortably like a Sieg Heil.  :-\

But then, since Scouting is a paramilitary youth organization created by a guy who openly admired Mussolini and thought Mein Kampf was "a wonderful book", I'm not altogether surprised.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 21, 2016, 10:08:57 pm »

Dont be too hard on the scouts.  A boy scout lead the fight to keep the Nazis from getting the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:11 pm »

I hate this. All of it.

The fact that I'm watching people I love and respect pledge to vote for Trump is sickens me.

I know that I myself will likely not feel any adverse effects from his presidency. I'm white and in most cases can be considered to be advantageously inclined in the social spectrum and many of the people who I am closest to are the same way.

But there are people who are going to suffer underneath his policies. People are going to get hurt. From what I observed, Trump stands for anyone who has value to him. Intrinsically, his family has value to him. His closest confidantes have value to him. His constituency has value to him. Anyone else however is sand beneath his shoes.

See, dirt has value. If you're dirt, you can be planted in. One can sow the seeds of hatred and reap what harvest you will from it. Sand is meaningless. Sand is nothing. It is unwanted, something to be discarded and thrown out of the house. No one wants sand. Immigrants, those in Middle East, and other, less important people, you are sand. Donald Trump does not want you. You hold no intrinsic value to him.

And I can't stand by that. I can't just sit by and watch as people get crushed underfoot by this horrific piece of xenophobic garbage. That is isn't what this country has stood for. It has never been the ideal that we have striven for. It is not American. It is not even humane. It is horrifying.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 21, 2016, 11:08:54 pm »

I still can't believe that this person has dozens of millions of people ready to vote for him. In less than a year, he fucking corrupted Republican party to the core. He insulted his fellow party's politician's family, and the only reason why he didn't fully get away with it was because Ted Cruz had fucking principles, unlike the overwhelming majority of the Republican party.

This should not be acceptable. Trump must be crushed in general election. He absolutely cannot be allowed to the post of the President of the United States.
._.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 21, 2016, 11:18:07 pm »

I still can't believe that this person has dozens of millions of people ready to vote for him. In less than a year, he fucking corrupted Republican party to the core. He insulted his fellow party's politician's family, and the only reason why he didn't fully get away with it was because Ted Cruz had fucking principles, unlike the overwhelming majority of the Republican party.

This should not be acceptable. Trump must be crushed in general election. He absolutely cannot be allowed to the post of the President of the United States.
We're working on it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #793 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »

It's kind of inevitable when your electoral system is worse than Westminster-style FPP
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 21, 2016, 11:30:00 pm »

You might consider finding a candidate more acceptable to the general public than Hillary then.  Because there are a hell of a lot of people who flat out won't vote for her, for a variety of reasons, I'm one of them.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1249