Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387336 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #675 on: July 21, 2016, 06:45:34 am »

Sheik al Trump has declared in a speech today that if he becomes president, the US will not help NATO allies when they are attacked, unless they fulfill their NATO promises first (more budget to defense ).

NATO bombardment on Trump when?

US please article 5 on grounds of 'force hostile to NATO taking over our country'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:55:49 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 21, 2016, 06:50:06 am »

Oh man, today's the convention, isn't it. Anyone here intending to watch? Has it already started or is that just pre-game trumpism? It'd be nice to hear about it live-ish for us folks that have no TV and are extremely disinterested in using bandwidth on it :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 21, 2016, 06:52:40 am »

On another note, I'm just trying to look for some explanation beyond "polarization" to justify the current political clusterfuck that we're enduring. Polarization doesn't happen in a vacuum; something's gone wrong, and it seems that 1970 seems to be when it started. That article was an attempt to explain it, but it just blames the voters. Blaming the media doesn't really work, and blaming voter polarization is just blaming the voters again.

What the hell happened? More importantly, how do we fix it?
COINTELPRO. Maybe the fallout from the Frank Church investigation?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:54:54 am by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #678 on: July 21, 2016, 06:57:28 am »

Two-party system + massive inequality + shitty media + political narratives + uneducated masses

Obvious solution is Red October
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 21, 2016, 06:59:49 am »

Oh man, today's the convention, isn't it. Anyone here intending to watch? Has it already started or is that just pre-game trumpism? It'd be nice to hear about it live-ish for us folks that have no TV and are extremely disinterested in using bandwidth on it :V
Today's just the last day; convention has been going on since... Sunday? Monday? Not that you've missed much, really, except for last night's double-header of "The Bonfire of the Cruz" and "Ingraham, She-Wolf of the SS".
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:06 am »

Okay, unrelated to politics, just america news. Bad news. There's a first case reported by the US ministry of Health, of someone contracting the zika virus from a native north american mosquito. So it's not just the south american mosquito to worry about anymore.

You'd better stop getting pregnant.
(there's a few south american countries that while not having banned it, they strongly urged their population to not get pregnant for at least a year. One out of 5 children being born retarded and with serious developmental issues will bankrupt your country on medical costs fast.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:14:01 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 21, 2016, 07:08:09 am »

Today's just the last day; convention has been going on since... Sunday? Monday? Not that you've missed much, really, except for last night's double-header of "The Bonfire of the Cruz" and "Ingraham, She-Wolf of the SS".
Ah. Wasn't exactly paying attention, just remembered the TV promising trump would be giving details today. Figured that'd be something you start the convention with, but I guess not.

E: Though yeah, I'm... not actually that worried about Zika in the states. There's been more than one thing like it, that seriously screwed up joints in SA or Africa or whathaveyou, that hit the US and its Actual!Infrastructure and didn't really do much. Haven't seen much indication worth note that it'll be any different this time around.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:13:12 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:12 am »

“When Mexico sends its mosquitos, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending mosquitos that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing yellow fever. They’re bringing zika. They’re bloodsuckers. And some, I assume, are good mosquitos.”

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2016, 07:20:19 am »

E: Though yeah, I'm... not actually that worried about Zika in the states. There's been more than one thing like it, that seriously screwed up joints in SA or Africa or whathaveyou, that hit the US and its Actual!Infrastructure and didn't really do much. Haven't seen much indication worth note that it'll be any different this time around.

Problem with zika is, you don't know you have it until you give birth to a shrunken-headed child. It's sexually transmittable, like aids. It's only detectable in the blood for a short period of time, so it's hard to test for (unless you test your whole population once every two weeks, on mandatory basis. I hear Syrian refugee doctors and nurses work for alms. Threat of violence might be nescessary to get the Amish to cooperate with that). And once it's in the native mosquito population, it won't be easy to get rid of. It also doesn't cause symptoms in healthy adults. Only those people who have a rare genetical mutation are susceptible to suffer paralysis from it.

It's not like one of those African viruses that make people cough up their intestines and everyone go QUARANTAINE! CONTAIN! immediatly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:27:59 am by martinuzz »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2016, 07:26:54 am »

Nah, it does have symptoms: it's mostly a milder dengue.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2016, 07:29:00 am »

What I understand, so very mild, that your average joe won't notice he has it.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 21, 2016, 07:30:50 am »

Wha?? Some cop just shoots a disabled person's carer, who was already lying on the ground with their hands up?

‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.'”

Wtf! That cop needs to be out of service and to get mental professional help, not to take random shots at mental health professionals going about their actual job.
Get him tested for drugs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2016, 07:31:12 am »

What I understand, so very mild, that your average joe won't notice he has it.
They will, but they'll just think it's dengue or cikungunya (sp?). Have friends who had it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 21, 2016, 07:32:42 am »

Its detectable, the problem aren't the mild symptons, since they're not so mild that a normal person would ignore them (unless you enjoy yourself some daily light fever and headache). The main problem is that its symptons are similar to a whole row of other diseases, namely the ones Teneb mentioned, and its not very easy to single it out from among those other diseases.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 21, 2016, 07:35:27 am »

Its detectable, the problem aren't the mild symptons, since they're not so mild that a normal person would ignore them (unless you enjoy yourself some daily light fever and headache). The main problem is that its symptons are similar to a whole row of other diseases, namely the ones Teneb mentioned, and its not very easy to single it out from among those other diseases.
I think there was, earlier this year, a man in the Andes with Zika, Cikungunya, and all four varieties of Dengue.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1249