Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392488 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9135 on: October 31, 2016, 11:37:00 am »

When the fuck did I ever say he would be? Criticizing Clinton is not supporting Trump, for fuck's sake.
Hey man, anti-immigrant rhetoric is just as much bigotry as typical racism or sexism. Trump has disparaged millions of people trying to come to this country for a better life as criminals, and that's frankly hypocritical for any American to believe.

You can support who you want to, but don't pretend that this isn't just another kind of xenophobic nativism. Reelya and I aren't just going to sit by and watch these fascists take over the country.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: October 31, 2016, 11:40:22 am »

I must conclude that MSH is trolling, because otherwise I'm about ready to lose my shit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though technically, you were just the victimized bystander. A ruse! A ruse, I say! 
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: October 31, 2016, 11:43:42 am »

That's why 2016 just lets it fall all into place. Satire is our reality now, not the refuge of absurdity.

Welcome to Hell.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: October 31, 2016, 11:47:58 am »

Just seen this (maybe it's what y'all're talking about, but I don't think so)...
https://mobile.twitter.com/CorrectRecord/status/792911363832111105

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: October 31, 2016, 11:50:46 am »

When the fuck did I ever say he would be? Criticizing Clinton is not supporting Trump, for fuck's sake.
Hey man, anti-immigrant rhetoric is just as much bigotry as typical racism or sexism. Trump has disparaged millions of people trying to come to this country for a better life as criminals, and that's frankly hypocritical for any American to believe.

You can support who you want to, but don't pretend that this isn't just another kind of xenophobic nativism. Reelya and I aren't just going to sit by and watch these fascists take over the country.

You're falling for a very common trick : integrating migrant take money and time, and make for a surplus of labor in the area.

Frame your opponent as racist and you can lower wage, justify that social policies are too costly and have communotarists votes guaranteed.
Don't take low skill migrant in untill you have a functioning welfare and eduction system in place, peoples that says otherwise don't have your best interest at hearth.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: October 31, 2016, 11:51:26 am »

I'm pretty sure that type of trolling falls under the "don't pick a fight" rule.

Possibly under insulting other posters, when one accuses someone of supporting trump. Certainly when one is calling someone else a xenophobic nativist.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: October 31, 2016, 11:53:29 am »

In case you didn't get it, I'm really criticizing Reelya here, for repeatedly assuming Ispil was saying all that in support of Trump even to the point of mass deportation.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: October 31, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »

On the topic of vaccinations some pages back: here in Sweden, one if the countries that has acknowledged the -somnia thing effect, we also have an infamous atheistic, new-ageish sect since the 70s sometime that, among other things, is staunchly against vaccinations. They would probably felt very justified in their views after that whole debacle of the government rushing in very badly tested vaccines due to the media hype and it ending up with such bad consequences for so many... If it wasn't for the issue that during those same years the area where the majority of the sect is based suffered from an outbreak of one of those easily-preventable-with-vaccine kid diseases and lost several children because of it.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9143 on: October 31, 2016, 12:04:18 pm »

In case you didn't get it, I'm really criticizing Reelya here, for repeatedly assuming Ispil was saying all that in support of Trump even to the point of mass deportation.

So what have we learned from this? When you want to make a point to someone, make the point to them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:26 pm »

i'll make the point to you all night long, baby
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: October 31, 2016, 12:37:22 pm »

I was drawing a comparison, because that is in fact the actual choice you have right now.

The choice between Clinton's policy and some hypothetical rival non-existent policy is a red herring.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:45:23 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: October 31, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »

I was drawing a comparison, because that is in fact the actual choice you have right now.

The choice between Clinton's policy and some hypothetical rival non-existent policy is a red herring.
This isn't the voting booth. This is a discussion thread. If Clinton's policy is bad (and the entire government's policy is bad until USCIS gets a budget) then there's nothing wrong with talking about it, and it certainly doesn't warrant being dismissed with "yeah well Trump".
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9147 on: October 31, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »

Yeah, well Trump
Ron Paul 2016

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: October 31, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »

MY UTILITY FUNCTION, NOOOOOOOOOOOO
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: October 31, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1249