Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393540 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9000 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:25 pm »

Maybe...but was it worth the cost? We destroyed so many lives getting this far.

* MetalSlimeHunt looks wistfully over the horizon, wind billowing.
...jagged lines across the sand.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #9001 on: October 29, 2016, 07:45:35 pm »

I wonder which type it is that they're voting on though as there's at least three variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting_system

I can see the Republicans trying to fight it or rig it in a way to favor them though :P

And the Dems won't? Or do you mean the state's Republicans specifically?

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

So the prophecy has been fulfilled at last, two weeks before the election? Alas, Moses will see the Promised Land, but will not be permitted to set foot in it...

I gotta say though, I'm kinda proud of you guys. When I started this thread nobody believed it would last even just fifty pages, and now we're at 620 already and going strong.

* Helgoland approvingly pats everyone on the head.
We're just over a third of the way to 620 pages.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: October 29, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »

So the prophecy has been fulfilled at last, two weeks before the election? Alas, Moses will see the Promised Land, but will not be permitted to set foot in it...

I gotta say though, I'm kinda proud of you guys. When I started this thread nobody believed it would last even just fifty pages, and now we're at 620 already and going strong.

With the accepted settings, we're at 620. I dunno what kind of gerrymandered pages you prefer to look at.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: October 29, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

We'll most likely have another irc running on election night*. If anyone has a way to contact mainiac via other channels, he's always welcome to join us over there.

*I hope; I live too far away from my normal crowd to join in their festivities this cycle so it'll just be me and you internet phantoms.

I'd be up for that. I'm going to be in Oklahoma on Election Day (for work). IRC would be useful to commiserate and/or plan my extraction if the state decides to secede and seals the borders. My only other alternative would be to link up with FearfulJesuit and fight our way out, zombie-apocalypse style.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: October 29, 2016, 09:45:22 pm »

Careful, Oklahoma's gonna be riled up this year, their only ballot measure is to enshrine the death penalty as a right in the state constitution. Which is kind of weird, given that Oklahoma's death penalty law is in no danger of being repealed short of federal intervention.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: October 29, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »

With the accepted settings, we're at 620. I dunno what kind of gerrymandered pages you prefer to look at.
Your accepted settings maybe, I don't see a reason to flip pages every 20 posts. Next you'll tell me you don't use darkling for some reason.

We'll most likely have another irc running on election night*. If anyone has a way to contact mainiac via other channels, he's always welcome to join us over there.

*I hope; I live too far away from my normal crowd to join in their festivities this cycle so it'll just be me and you internet phantoms.

I'd be up for that. I'm going to be in Oklahoma on Election Day (for work). IRC would be useful to commiserate and/or plan my extraction if the state decides to secede and seals the borders. My only other alternative would be to link up with FearfulJesuit and fight our way out, zombie-apocalypse style.
I'm from Texas, there is nothing to fear from an Okie, riled up or not. Worst case scenario just point at some random shmuck and shout "HE SAID SOONERS SUCK" and walk away, it'll take them hours to figure out what actually happened.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #9007 on: October 29, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »

I wonder which type it is that they're voting on though as there's at least three variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting_system

I can see the Republicans trying to fight it or rig it in a way to favor them though :P

And the Dems won't? Or do you mean the state's Republicans specifically?
I can certainly see the state's republicans doing it, since they're probably already weak in maine, although really in all likelihood it's liable to help them more than anything else.

From what I can tell, Black-style ranked voting seems best. Condorcet method -> Borda method if it fails to produce a candidate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: October 29, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »

Your accepted settings maybe, I don't see a reason to flip pages every 20 posts. Next you'll tell me you don't use darkling for some reason.

I'm from Texas, there is nothing to fear from an Okie, riled up or not. Worst case scenario just point at some random shmuck and shout "HE SAID SOONERS SUCK" and walk away, it'll take them hours to figure out what actually happened.
I actually have some OU gear (some close friends of mine are alumni), but I'll be in Tulsa. So maybe not the best idea.

If the shit hits the fan, I'll just hide behind a tree. Wait -- Oklahoma doesn't have any of those.
Ok, I'll hide behind a hill......FUCK.
FINE, I'LL HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: October 29, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

Just wear that blue Russian urban camo.  What could go wrong?!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: October 29, 2016, 11:39:59 pm »

Ispil, I would pray for you, but I lack belief, so I will lie and pretend to pray for Thor to smite your foes with lightning!

RedKing, it's a little known fact that Okies, being of similar brain capacity as a chicken on average, are also unable to see something which isn't moving, so you can just stand around until they wander off.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: October 29, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »

Obviously, Oklahoma is Texas's South Carolina. Only to the north.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: October 29, 2016, 11:57:06 pm »

Well, that would probably be Louisiana, but we don't talk about them because we actually feel bad about their situation. Oklahoma is more like our West Virginia, but you lot have a bit of buffer state from Virginia being a bro, we've only got a river and the damn things keep swimming across or using the bridges!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: October 30, 2016, 12:58:22 am »

I guess it's T minus 9 on the countdown to T-Day now. Single digits ftw.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: October 30, 2016, 01:37:50 am »

If you know any modder I guess a politically themed Death Road to Canada version would be the rage for Halloween
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1249