Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393661 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8985 on: October 29, 2016, 11:13:52 am »

I wonder which type it is that they're voting on though as there's at least three variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting_system

I can see the Republicans trying to fight it or rig it in a way to favor them though :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: October 29, 2016, 12:22:07 pm »

Holy cow! Trump is doing something actually commendable AND it isn't transparently self-serving?

Dear goodness finally.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:14 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: October 29, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »

The truth comes out.

How could universes with some particular quality possibly end up depleted, if there actually are infinite universes?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: October 29, 2016, 12:37:13 pm »

There are only 255 universes, any more would cause a stack overflow. The others are empty now. Here, 2016, is the last one where life endures.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: October 29, 2016, 12:52:14 pm »

There are only 255 universes, any more would cause a stack overflow. The others are empty now. Here, 2016, is the last one where life endures.
My, my, someone sprung for the upgraded model.  Back in my day, we had 15 universes and one null case, and that's the way we liked it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: October 29, 2016, 01:00:24 pm »

What? Someone took a zero-based, byte-indexed array and didn't use the first slot? No wonder the universe is in the state it's in, if that's the kind of sloppy programming used to make it...  And GRBs are just RGB underflows, I bet, causing a momentary glitch in the background...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: October 29, 2016, 01:02:21 pm »

Don't forget null, Starver, but then...That is a universe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: October 29, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »

The truth comes out.
Ah yes, the most modern and dumbest form of solipsism rears it's ugly head, thanks 2016, thwentysixteen.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: October 29, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »

Huh, apparently Trumps warning of voter fraud led one Trump voter to vote twice. Seems to have been a 'spur of the moment' thing because she was afraid her vote would get switched around or something and didn't plan on doing it again. AKA stupidity.

The key point here is that it, along with two others, was caught before it became a problem and before it was double-counted. Also, rather ironic that the voting fraud came from a Republican voter rather than a Democrat voter, given that Trump is the one spouting the claims.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:28 pm »

Hey Republicans wouldn't have to cheat if the Democrats would just run a fair election :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8996 on: October 29, 2016, 03:02:04 pm »

A lot harder to dismiss aforementioned claims whilst listening to their opponent talk about rigging elections

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #8997 on: October 29, 2016, 07:07:26 pm »

So the prophecy has been fulfilled at last, two weeks before the election? Alas, Moses will see the Promised Land, but will not be permitted to set foot in it...

I gotta say though, I'm kinda proud of you guys. When I started this thread nobody believed it would last even just fifty pages, and now we're at 620 already and going strong.

* Helgoland approvingly pats everyone on the head.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: October 29, 2016, 07:19:40 pm »

Maybe...but was it worth the cost? We destroyed so many lives getting this far.

* MetalSlimeHunt looks wistfully over the horizon, wind billowing.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: October 29, 2016, 07:30:40 pm »

* MetalSlimeHunt looks wistfully over the horizon, wind billowing.

We'll most likely have another irc running on election night*. If anyone has a way to contact mainiac via other channels, he's always welcome to join us over there.

*I hope; I live too far away from my normal crowd to join in their festivities this cycle so it'll just be me and you internet phantoms.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1249