Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394983 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8640 on: October 26, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »

I realized Adams was fucked in the head when he unveiled his grand plan of "make Trump President, but force him to have Bernie as a cuck advisor".
It actually makes a very absurd sort of sense, however, it assumes that ISIS feels that there net benefit for shifting the probability towards Trump a few percents would be worth the cost and risk.
Given the state of things, I don't think the previous assumption of ISIS having the means is true. They're very busy getting murdered by the SAS and seiged by everybody. All the "ISIS attacks" in America were carried out by domestic lone wolves, and while they can say they were ISIS members, that puts the qualifications for membership kind of low.
Yeah. ISIS has become Islamic Anonymous. Anybody can claim they're a member, but that means you get a lot of dipshits claiming membership who really don't have anything to do with any of the big planned stuff.

@smjjames: Scott Adams, not Douglas Adams. Who is probably rolling in his grave at the misattribution.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: October 26, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »

I realized Adams was fucked in the head when he unveiled his grand plan of "make Trump President, but force him to have Bernie as a cuck advisor".
It actually makes a very absurd sort of sense, however, it assumes that ISIS feels that there net benefit for shifting the probability towards Trump a few percents would be worth the cost and risk.
Given the state of things, I don't think the previous assumption of ISIS having the means is true. They're very busy getting murdered by the SAS and seiged by everybody. All the "ISIS attacks" in America were carried out by domestic lone wolves, and while they can say they were ISIS members, that puts the qualifications for membership kind of low.
Yeah. ISIS has become Islamic Anonymous. Anybody can claim they're a member, but that means you get a lot of dipshits claiming membership who really don't have anything to do with any of the big planned stuff.

@smjjames: Scott Adams, not Douglas Adams. Who is probably rolling in his grave at the misattribution.  :P

Why the hell did I write Douglas Adams? Thanks for catching that.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: October 26, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

Maybe Trump's managed to figure out necromancy. This election cycle is just crazy enough for that claim to come out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:40 pm »

Not sure if this was discussed yesterday, but Trump said he'd like to fight Joe Biden (after Biden said if he was still in high school, he'd "take him behind the gym")

Anybody else here think Uncle Joe would beat the everliving fuck out of Mr. Orange? And would pay to see it?
And then Biden would use Trump's jaw as a bottle opener, pop open a cold one, and then peel outta there on his Hog with Melania riding behind him as George Thorogood's "Who Do You Love?" played in the background.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: October 26, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »

Look man... Trump was crying for a week when he was hit by a tomato and he spoke at lengths about how much it hurt.

I am worried if he gets into a real fight he might keel over and die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: October 26, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »

Oh hey, Rand Paul thinks polls are a form of voter suppression (with no evidence given). I know he said 'those that show Clinton leading', but he's basically implying that polls in general are a form of voter suppression.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to test whether polls are a form of voter suppression, at least not without it being done in tightly controlled laboratory settings. Though I guess you can just go and ask people. Plus it starts getting into the murkyness of psychology where there's not always a straight yes or no answer.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:35:20 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: October 26, 2016, 02:35:51 pm »

I'm not sure if it's even possible to test whether polls are a form of voter suppression. Though I guess you can just go and ask people.

I mean... if this wasn't a 2 party system I could really see where he is coming from.

And frankly he has SOME point.

But he does know that polls have the opposite effect he is thinking of right?

If it shows that Republicans are ahead for example... typically it means LESS republicans will vote... and more democrats will vote.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: October 26, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

Ugh, my mom and brother won't stop arguing about politics. My brother keeps finding a need to assert that Hillary is a traitor and a terrorist, and refuses to vote in the election because "It wouldn't matter anyway." My mom's busy being a die-hard democrat and refuses to believe anything is wrong with Hillary until she actually is arrested.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: October 26, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »

Ugh, my mom and brother won't stop arguing about politics. My brother keeps finding a need to assert that Hillary is a traitor and a terrorist, and refuses to vote in the election because "It wouldn't matter anyway." My mom's busy being a die-hard democrat and refuses to believe anything is wrong with Hillary until she actually is arrested.

Horseshoe theory at work!

They are both insane!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:33 pm »

I feel ya. My mother's an extreme believer in the whole Project Veritas thing, and is linking it to every single anti-Trump action taken by everyone everywhere. Most recently, the destruction of Trump's Walk of Fame star.

Incidentally, I have a picture of myself standing over said star. It was the greatest thing I've ever used to obfuscate my political leanings.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:55 pm »

Is it because he thinks the election's rigged?

Horseshoe theory at work!

They are both insane!

'horseshoe theory'? Never heard of that. Though I can get the gist of it with them being at the extremes or the 'poles' of the horseshoe. Though your brother could still be a democrat and hate clinton at the same time.

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory I see....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:00:50 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: October 26, 2016, 03:02:10 pm »

Horseshoe Theory is easy

The Extremes of two opposing philosophies have more in common with each other than they do with the middle.

So you have the extreme trump supporters and the extreme Clinton supporters... And they are more similar to eachother then they are the lukewarm.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:04:53 pm by Neonivek »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: October 26, 2016, 03:04:10 pm »

It's a very common argument.

One person believes, without evidence, that a politician is a criminal.
The other person believes, with decades of evidence, that a politician is a typical liberal.

Naturally the right thing to do is say that both sides are extremists.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: October 26, 2016, 03:04:33 pm »

Is it because he thinks the election's rigged?

Or maybe the state they're in is so far leaning one way or another it really won't matter.

While I have every intention of voting for Hillary in spite of the futility, I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ Himself could alight atop the polling stations here in South Carolina and say, "Vote for Hillary Clinton, lest ye taste the leaping flames of Hell," and Trump would still win the state handily.  It's just the liberal media Satan tricking people, after all.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: October 26, 2016, 03:05:50 pm »

It's a very common argument.

One person believes, without evidence, that a politician is a criminal.
The other person believes, with decades of evidence, that a politician is a typical liberal.

Naturally the right thing to do is say that both sides are extremists.

I was speaking of a VERY specific situation silly :P

And Once again Horseshoe theory is on the extremes of both sides :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:08:19 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1249