Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394235 times)

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8535 on: October 24, 2016, 08:30:58 pm »

Spent 3 and a half hours at the DMV today getting a license so I can vote. Will get a license in about 2 weeks, no clue if this temporary thing lets me vote or not. Will be testing that tomorrow. If not, it's off to the DMV for another 3 hours on Wednesday.

This, by the way, is what Republican voter suppression looks like in a red state.

You removed some of your rights, your allowed to travel without a licence as long as its not business related.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: October 24, 2016, 08:32:38 pm »

Oh my god. A sovereign citizen is on Bay 12.

This really is 2016.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: October 24, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »

bro im a citizen of the earth

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: October 24, 2016, 08:36:59 pm »

Lies, you are a citizen of wales.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: October 24, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »

Spent 3 and a half hours at the DMV today getting a license so I can vote. Will get a license in about 2 weeks, no clue if this temporary thing lets me vote or not. Will be testing that tomorrow. If not, it's off to the DMV for another 3 hours on Wednesday.

This, by the way, is what Republican voter suppression looks like in a red state.

You removed some of your rights, your allowed to travel without a licence as long as its not business related.

True, you can walk just about anywhere you please without a drivers license. Except on the road of course.

Besides, he's not getting it so he can drive, it's so he can vote, due to stupid Republican voter suppression. If you want to complain about removing rights, complain at the Republicans.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:49:43 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: October 24, 2016, 08:53:26 pm »

I think you'll like this article RedKing: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/north-carolina-moderates-mccrory-214385
Yeah, that's a pretty good snapshot of it. I didn't vote for McCrory (voted Libertarian that go-around) but I wasn't that upset to see him win. And for the first year or two, he was pretty decent -- fiscal conservative, social moderate. He actually vetoed some of the legislature's crazier shit like trying to establish an "official" state religion. But then somewhere around late 2014 or early 2015, something got into his soul*. Ever since then, he's increasingly been on the social conservative camp, no matter the cost to the state. And as a result he's losing tons of moderate, pro-business Republicans, the Chambers of Commerce, and most of the urban enclaves (in a state that is now more than 66% urban). I hope he gets his ass kicked all the way back to Charlotte and winds up having to be a janitor in an all-sexes bathroom.

*My theory is what got into his soul was the Duke Energy coal ash spill. The legislature was genuinely ready to go to war with him over that and hang him out to dry. I feel like there was a quid pro quo that they'd back down and allow him to let Duke Energy get off with a wristslap, if he caved to their "God, Guns and Gays" program.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: October 24, 2016, 08:55:32 pm »

Moreover, I already had a driver's license. It was just from another state. Which isn't good enough to vote with.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: October 24, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

True, you can walk just about anywhere you please without a drivers license. Except on the road of course.

Besides, he's not getting it so he can drive, it's so he can vote, due to stupid Republican voter suppression. If you want to complain about removing rights, complain at the Republicans.
That's something I was complaining about before, in Memphis it's really bad since they specifically pushed to fund a library photo id system with the idea that they would qualify for voting and such, only for it to be brought up and blocked by the court here. So instead of heading a mile or so in pretty much any direction to get a library card/id to vote with I would have to head out about twice as far to a bus stop, make three or four transfers, walk another half mile or so to the dmv, hope I've got the necessary proof of residence and such, and then head back. Naturally this would all have to be done during work/school hours since they aren't open outside of that generally.

I mean, I don't respect or accept any legal system which allows me to be attacked with no recourse, but I'm not going to go pissing them off because they can attack me with no recourse. That's the worst part of the sovereign citizen morons. "NUH UH, YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE I SAID SO!" Yeah, if only it worked that way kiddo, now shut the fuck up and put your head down so it doesn't hit the door as you get stuffed in the back of the cruiser.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: October 24, 2016, 09:03:54 pm »

relevant to the voter suppression thing that Republicans pull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs new CGP grey video about power. anyone who says we need more voter "security" to prevent "fraud" or similar is either trying to rig the system or is deluded by the people trying to. the same thing for gerrymandering.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: October 24, 2016, 09:07:58 pm »

I would have to head out about twice as far to a bus stop, make three or four transfers, walk another half mile or so to the dmv, hope I've got the necessary proof of residence and such, and then head back. Naturally this would all have to be done during work/school hours since they aren't open outside of that generally.

Luckily you can appeal to the courts which are a model of convenience and efficiency.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: October 24, 2016, 09:09:25 pm »

Sure can, oh wait, fuck... fooled me again. I'll get you next time, mainiac, you and your little RedKing too!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: October 24, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »

Redking was a plant.  I rigged the primary flame-war all along.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: October 24, 2016, 09:28:11 pm »

Redking was a plant.  I rigged the primary flame-war all along.
But what kind of plant? A ficus?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: October 24, 2016, 09:50:22 pm »

Evergreen.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: October 24, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »

I am so goddamn disappointed you didn't go with Redwood.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1249