Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387217 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #765 on: July 21, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »

I think the whole arm debacle is kind of silly. Do we really have to watch our arms that closely so as to not accidentally perform any tabooed arm gestures?

I'm not going to deny that it has pretty shitty connotations, but implying that it was intentional is kind of silly.
I realize it was likely unintentional, but I'm going to keep using "Ingraham, She-Wolf of the SS" because come on.

I'm pretty sure the Nazi salute was the US pledge of allegiance salute or whatever you call that weird ritual where kids swear to defend the country instead of swearing at the teachers like UK kids.
It was until the actual Nazis came along, at which point we decided it was better just to change it. I wonder if someone could convince the Tea Partiers to fight for going back to the original "as it was intended" =P
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 21, 2016, 06:34:36 pm »

How many of you support making Election Day a national holiday?

Put it on a monday, three day weekend and then you vote!

I know I'm late to the party but THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Still dont make it punishable offense for not voting but at least it will help if its a mandatory paid holiday with transportation help for the people that dont have it.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 21, 2016, 06:39:23 pm »

Sweet, this thread is still running! I'm proud of you guys.

*pats Bay12 on the head*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 21, 2016, 06:43:21 pm »

I think the whole arm debacle is kind of silly. Do we really have to watch our arms that closely so as to not accidentally perform any tabooed arm gestures?

I'm not going to deny that it has pretty shitty connotations, but implying that it was intentional is kind of silly.

But back on topic, hell yes Polish Winged Hussars.
Yeah it was unintentional but damn, of all the candidates to be speaking at an event, and standing in front of a giant poster of when you do that and then derpily try to play it off... it's der Drumpf?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 21, 2016, 06:46:56 pm »

The roman salute is a thing that exists, and has existed for thousands of years. The nazis only used it because they were goddamn hipsters, and thus made it lame.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 21, 2016, 06:53:53 pm »

The roman salute is a thing that exists, and has existed for thousands of years. The nazis only used it because they were goddamn hipsters, and thus made it lame.

So what you are saying is Hipsters as a whole are Nazi's? Or that Nazi's were the first Hipsters thus making Hipsters a derivative of Nazi's?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #771 on: July 21, 2016, 06:55:48 pm »

Hipsters put the fash in fashion sense

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 21, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »

More like cultural fetishists and artists who mixed roman things with norse things to create awesome symbology and etc. Something not terribly hard to do considering they had the god of making things that look nice, Hugo Boss, with them, and that loads of scandinavian and german cultures had a huge boner for rome for a long time and had already incorporated lots of roman artistic and cultural elements in their culture. The whole nazi party aesthetic and even ideals were a huge syncretic mess of things only thinly connected together by party ideology and a will instill ~prussian pride~ on people to unite people, but I don't think any historians of the time took it seriously.

Before it got popular, that is.

Only somewhat on topic, but this kind of reminds me of this one commentary by Pat Buchanan of the time when hitler first met mussolini and how mussolini thought hitler was a huge clown and never took him too seriously.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »

So you're saying we need to put hipsters in camps?

Nobody expects the hipster-purge inquisition!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 21, 2016, 07:07:20 pm »

Don't make me summon the stereotype police again.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #775 on: July 21, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »

Mussolini complaining about other people being clowns is a bit rich

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 21, 2016, 07:19:52 pm »

His hats were cooler tho

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #777 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »

And his army was the coolest

In Russia

Cos they froze to death

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #778 on: July 21, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »

And his army was the coolest

In Russia

Cos they froze to death
ROFLOLMAO

seriously though, mussolinihats are 10/10
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 21, 2016, 07:42:04 pm »

Sweet, this thread is still running! I'm proud of you guys.

CYKA BLYAT
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1249