Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391993 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5190 on: September 29, 2016, 01:05:26 am »

Lotta' folks are, liberal or conservative. Don't mean they have a single lick of sense when it comes to politickin' or country rulin'. Don't mean they don't either, but if sincerity was all it took to predict a winning campaign trail there'd be a lot of analysts and whatnot that'd be doing something else for a living.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: September 29, 2016, 01:09:02 am »

feeling of trust and respect towards a candidate almost certainly helps with them getting elected in at least someway.

But yeah I believe the guy may rant a lot but he has good points at times and he does his best to source his stuff and I can agree with his ideology. I like at the very least he's very Honest and dosent really pull punches.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: September 29, 2016, 01:59:49 am »

I couldn't listen to him after seeing how he looked, but it occurs to me that if he was honest he'd point out that despite the general consensus that Clinton is a liar and dishonest and untrustworthy, she's not the one you should be doubting when we have someone who might be lying if he says the sky is blue. How truthful do you think she seems compared to the incumbent president?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:38 am »

feeling of trust and respect towards a candidate almost certainly helps with them getting elected in at least someway.

But yeah I believe the guy may rant a lot but he has good points at times and he does his best to source his stuff and I can agree with his ideology. I like at the very least he's very Honest and dosent really pull punches.

Wait, what guy are your referring to?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: September 29, 2016, 02:57:20 am »

Oh I was not actually informed of how far along Jill was with that... homeopathic medicine stuff you know....since the media pays little if no attention to the third party's.

Well mainly the whole dmc email scandal and and generally her kinda untrustworthyness would make me....not comfortable whatsoever to have her as president same for trump.

I've heard jack about this donation thing your talking about but I still believe that the dmc openly going agasint him and showing clear favoritism to Hilary and clearly trying to ignore Bernie was pretty wrong...I mean I'm pretty sure Bernie would have....much much better opinion in the polls then Hilary right about now I am interested to hear where you heard that though and what the most recent status and sources for said information is?
The donation thing was mentioned a while back, though I read an article on the subject around the time it was mentioned. What happened was that some people would receive routine emails from the Sanders campaign asking for donations. They would donate each time. Thing is, you can only legally donate so much money to a political campaign per month; when they went over, no one bothered to say anything. Hell, a lot of people never knew until the journalist writing that article went up to them and told them they over-donated.

As for her going to jail over the emails, FBI found her having done no legal wrong there. Or at least, none sufficient for a legal case.

And the DNC showing favoritism? They're not beholden to public interest in remaining impartial. It's not like Sanders did much to earn any favors; he was an independent-gone-Democrat who did little to help the down-stream vote and mostly just drove up a bunch of populist angst before bailing on the whole thing.

The fact that Sanders lost in the primary shows that he'd have worse- not better- polls right now.

How many people voted in the primary, compared to the number of voters?

Bernie Sanders a parasite? Compared to the legions of people who just vote x party because they don't want to form their own?  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:00:48 am by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: September 29, 2016, 06:22:36 am »

Not sure what Mexico would sue over. Maybe Trump for defamation. Or maybe the failed drug war?
For the costs incurred in building the wall necessary to keep the 'Merkins out of Mexico as they try to flee the catastrophic social results of the [Trump|Clinton] regime..?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: September 29, 2016, 07:14:28 am »

Bernie Sanders a parasite? Compared to the legions of people who just vote x party because they don't want to form their own?  :P
Yes. At least to a significantly larger degree. There's a hell of a difference between some rando that's voting for the party out of apathy or whatev' and a guy that's trying to leverage the party apparatus in a presidential bid. Particularly when one of the two is taking time out of their day to shit on said party via the news.

... I'm not even remotely aware of legions of folks that do that, though. Folks voting for a particularly party just because they're not willing to form their own isn't something y'hear much about. Not willing to make a third option is sometimes part of their reasoning, but usually they have a bunch of other junk being given a good chunk more weight in their decision making processes.
Ask not!
Ask!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: September 29, 2016, 07:30:52 am »

Well mainly the whole dmc email scandal and and generally her kinda untrustworthyness would make me....not comfortable whatsoever to have her as president same for trump.

The DNC bad mouthed Bernie Sanders in their private conversation after it was clear he had no chance of winning the race.  The things they were saying in private were less bad then the thing that Bernie Sanders surrogates were saying in public about Clinton.  This was months after Bernie had already lost the race and still making negative attacks on Clinton.   Of course they would be frustrated with him.  Every progressive who doesn't think he farts smell like roses should be frustrated with him.

Even assuming Clinton manages to defeat Trump, Bernie Sanders probably lost democrats a couple Senate seats this year.  Bernie Sanders probably lost democrats ten house seats these years.  That means we have fewer votes in favor of raising the minimum wage, fewer votes in favor of equal pay, fewer votes votes for reducing income inequality or whatever other progressive cause you want.  It means more votes for shutting down the government and repealing Obamacare.

But people dont remark on how Sanders is sabotaging the team he claims to support.  They praise him as a hero.  He isn't.  It doesn't take a hero to stab people in the back and act smug about it.

Fucking hell this world would be a better place if the DNC had just told Bernie he wasn't allowed into the debates because he wasn't a democrats.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: September 29, 2016, 07:40:21 am »

I couldn't listen to him after seeing how he looked, but it occurs to me that if he was honest he'd point out that despite the general consensus that Clinton is a liar and dishonest and untrustworthy, she's not the one you should be doubting when we have someone who might be lying if he says the sky is blue. How truthful do you think she seems compared to the incumbent president?
....after seeing how he looked? That's...I can not understand how you would not listen to someone just based of their appearance...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: September 29, 2016, 07:47:40 am »

....after seeing how he looked?

Where is this coming from?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:05 am »

First line in quote.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:22 am »

Don't know if this is the proper thread for it, but there's claims about now that police have ramped up aggression against the Dakota Pipeline protest -- tear gas, mass arrests, threatening with live ammunition, and sniper placements.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: September 29, 2016, 07:54:21 am »

First line in quote.

Oh right.

Okay so how about you move past that first line and get to the three links he provided?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:32 am »

Yeah I did read it and first of all I don't see the sources where they confirmed each individual lie half truth mostly truth truth and falsity.Second of course Obama would have a higher count mainly becuase we've been tracking him for longer with these statistics Hillary has a definitely smaller sample size and I can not be sure that this info isn't biased cause without proper sources for everything it's rendered moot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: September 29, 2016, 08:02:34 am »

....after seeing how he looked? That's...I can not understand how you would not listen to someone just based of their appearance...
... pretty easily when said someone is operating through a visual medium? That doesn't mean they wouldn't read what they were trying to say or whatev', just that they don't want to look at them for whatever reason. I'd have trouble watching someone with a gaping facial wound discuss economics, ferex. Appearances can be a notable issue, at times, and... there ain't really anything wrong with that, for stuff like randos on youtube. Gotta' filter and all that jazz.

Though my shtick tends to be sound more than sight. Pretty seriously dislike listening to people talk about politics, usually. Give me a transcript and I'm fine, but for whatever reason it seems like half the time the folks doing that have voices (or at least use said voices in a way) that makes me want to maim them.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1249