Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391509 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2565 on: August 10, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »

Pretty sure it's been a very long time since the US actually executed a minor. The modern controversy was due to minors being sentenced to death, but actually executed as adults. The Supreme Court banned that a few years ago.

It was for murder in all instances, I'm pretty sure. I don't think the US even hands out death sentences for anything other than murder or treason.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 10, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »

The most recent, Scott Hain, was sentenced to death for kidnapping + murdering two people when he was 17 years old. He was convicted at age 18, and executed at the age of 32. The rest on that list Max linked to are pretty similar. None executed as minors, but 17 year olds tried and convicted as adults because of especially heinous crimes.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:33:22 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 10, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »

So, some guy is currently scaling Trump tower. I'm sure Chicago PD will be reasonable and not try their hardest to knock him off like lunatics under the guise of saving him.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 10, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

For what it's worth re: sentencing, we actually do have a good several hundred folks in the U.S. that were sentenced to life when they were a minor, apparently. Not terribly interested in looking up details, because I don't exactly need them to state that mandatory sentencing is several different kinds of fucked up, but it's happened recently enough the SCOTUS had a ruling giving the ones that didn't have a chance of parole a shot at it back in January. Of this year.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 10, 2016, 04:56:14 pm »

So, some guy is currently scaling Trump tower.
Can y'all be specific? There is more then a dozen buildings bearing the title "Trump Tower". And here is why being specific is useful:
I'm sure Chicago PD will be reasonable and not try their hardest to knock him off like lunatics under the guise of saving him.
I'm sure the Chicago PD will be able to restrain themselves and not assault the man scaling a building in New York City.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:01:11 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 10, 2016, 04:57:50 pm »

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Chicago PD went out of their way to drive to New York to assault someone, honestly.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 10, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »

I would pay to watch different police departments with bad reputations racing across the country to the precincts of other bad departments to see who can assault people first.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 10, 2016, 05:04:36 pm »

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Chicago PD went out of their way to drive to New York to assault someone, honestly.
Even so, they probably won't have the time; by the time they arrive the climber will probably have asceneded the peak of Mt. Trump; or less gloriously have fallen to their death, or been picked up by the NYPD. Or both.

Taking bets: Is this A) A political stunt, B) A apolitical stunt, C) An ill-conceived suicide attempt, or D) An ill-conceived assassination attempt, or E) other? Originally I was going to provide a "Mental issues" option, but I realize that that overlaps with every other option anyway.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 10, 2016, 05:05:11 pm »

I would pay to watch different police departments with bad reputations racing across the country to the precincts of other bad departments to see who can assault people first.
That is funny and sad at the same time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 10, 2016, 05:11:12 pm »

How do you mix up Chicago and NYC? Anyway, nobody has gotten a motive out of the guy, so people are just watching.

Also, earlier, a Trump supporter said that they should just shoot the guy with a tranquilizer. Like wut.... If the guy ends up being stuck on there and doesn't fall off, they'll have to risk other peoples lives to get him down.

Taking bets: Is this A) A political stunt, B) A apolitical stunt, C) An ill-conceived suicide attempt, or D) An ill-conceived assassination attempt, or E) other? Originally I was going to provide a "Mental issues" option, but I realize that that overlaps with every other option anyway.

This may help you out.

LOL!, The guy is actually a Trump supporter!! Doesn't say specifically why he was doing it though, besides pure attention.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 10, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

Nah, most liberal voters replace dignity with hypocritical self-righteousness. See: latte sipping assponces who spend all day talking about how they hate white people and Americans, when they themselves are both white and American.

I have never drinken a latte in my life, thank you very much.  Know what I'm drinking right now?  Fucking beer.  Beer brewed in goddamn Baltimore, Maryland.  66 motherfucking cents a can.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 10, 2016, 05:12:06 pm »

@mainiac:Baltimore best town.  But don't shitpost while drunk, k?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 10, 2016, 05:13:09 pm »

How do you mix up Chicago and NYC?
I didn't mix up the cities, obviously. I have simply been to Chicago, famed for Trump Tower, and not been to New York, famed for Trump Tower.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 10, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »

Like sex in a canoe.

How do you mix up Chicago and NYC?
I didn't mix up the cities, obviously. I have simply been to Chicago, famed for Trump Tower, and not been to New York, famed for Trump Tower.
I came up with a reality show because of it, so it's good.

The Amazing Race-war.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 10, 2016, 05:17:56 pm »

@mainiac:Baltimore best town.  But don't shitpost while drunk, k?

That is the best time to shitpost.

But also it's very difficult to get drunk off beer that costs 66 cents a can.

edit: oh and fuck white people.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:21:34 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1249