Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392145 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2505 on: August 10, 2016, 12:16:32 am »

I feel the same way, with an Ohioan existential fear of Indiana that can only be cleansed by fire.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:28 am »

Why would we burn Indiana? There wouldn't be anything there afterward, yeah, but it's not like there's anything there now either.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:35 am »

I've lived 28 years in Indiana.  There's a few people I'd like to escape with first, but otherwise, nothing of value would be lost.  Just shitloads of toxic people, drugs, and apathy.  The only people here who care for anything other than sports, bigotry, and chemical self-destruction care first and foremost for getting the fuck out.  Nothing else is even worth thinking about until that's done.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 10, 2016, 01:15:34 am »

Okay, this is starting to get depressing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 10, 2016, 01:22:21 am »

Okay, this is starting to get depressing.

I've lived 28 years in Indiana.  There's a few people I'd like to escape with first, but otherwise, nothing of value would be lost.  Just shitloads of toxic people, drugs, and apathy.  The only people here who care for anything other than sports, bigotry, and chemical self-destruction care first and foremost for getting the fuck out.  Nothing else is even worth thinking about until that's done.

In seriousness, you could pretty well replace Indiana with Ohio and it would be just as true, at least for the rural parts of the state. Meth and heroin have been hollowing out my home town (or at least the parts that aren't gentrifying instead) little by little since the recession in 2008.

There wasn't really much of a 'recovery' here and in a lot of other places like it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 10, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

Okay, this is depressing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 10, 2016, 02:09:48 am »

Yeah, the word recovery is either legend or lie to people here.  And meth has been ravaging Indiana since before 2008.  Since I left, I've heard the town I grew up in from ages 8-16 described as one giant meth lab.  Not that it was a wholesome place before.  It was the type of small town you see depicted in horror movies.  The kind where kids bond over stories about torturing cats, half the properties in the area have vicious near-feral dogs tied up or fenced near dilapidated buildings to scare people away, and teachers actively join in on bullying or barely bother to hide that they're child molesters.  This is the Fillmore, IN I remember from the 90's.  From what I can tell comparing stories with others, this is what most of Indiana is about outside of the Indianapolis area, and people in the Indianapolis area live like slaves to be able to afford staying away from rural Indiana. 

I take it back in one case.  Terre Haute seems like a pretty decent place.  If I could find good work, I wouldn't mind living there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:17:48 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 10, 2016, 02:12:04 am »

.....Stop it, stop it, I just thought about voting Trump and it scared me.
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 10, 2016, 02:20:44 am »

I know a lot of very outspoken Trump support around here.  I have to hide my political leanings from my boss, because her and a couple other managers in the office are Trump fans.  And apparently they're the type to discriminate in the workplace against liberals.  If I have any reason not to vote Trump, it's the thought of giving toxic Hoosiers what they want.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 10, 2016, 02:24:42 am »

I'm glad I dont need to choose between plague and cholera.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 10, 2016, 02:26:47 am »

I know a lot of very outspoken Trump support around here.  I have to hide my political leanings from my boss, because her and a couple other managers in the office are Trump fans.  And apparently they're the type to discriminate in the workplace against liberals.  If I have any reason not to vote Trump, it's the thought of giving toxic Hoosiers what they want.
Thank you for restoring my sanity.
Sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 10, 2016, 02:45:22 am »

So Trump just did the whole "second amendment remedies" sort of thing about Clinton? That shit was bad enough when it was a Nevada congressional candidate, let alone presidential candidate.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment

Quote from: Trump
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:54:52 am by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 10, 2016, 02:47:03 am »

Oh god.

Please, let the madness stop.

Preferably with about 40 elephanttons of lawsuits.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2518 on: August 10, 2016, 02:52:12 am »

America is a meme
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 10, 2016, 02:56:49 am »

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1249