Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394035 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2295 on: August 06, 2016, 07:13:20 am »

He has just destroyed his own "not on the pockets of corporations" motto, by literally employing the top corporate scum to do his economic policy!

I don't know why you thought a top corporate scum wouldn't have his top corporate scum buddies on his team.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 06, 2016, 11:42:28 am »

You do realize shes actually "very gently" trying to say homeopathy isn't better than scientifically proven treatments.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: August 06, 2016, 11:57:53 am »

Battleground: Pennsylvania
Trumped!: Ohio
Record Corrected: Florida
Feel the Johnson: Utah
Dilute the vote: Vermont
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 06, 2016, 12:00:29 pm »

Well, Trump has opened up on his anti-immigrant rhetoric: Donald Trump now says even legal immigrants are a security threat.

First Donald Trump said that he wanted to block nearly all foreign Muslims from entering the United States. More recently, he decided to stop using the word "Muslim" as he called for halting immigration from countries with high rates of terrorism, although he has yet to say which countries that would include.

At a rally in Portland, Maine, on Thursday afternoon, Trump provided a lengthy explanation of why he thinks the United States needs to be skeptical of immigrants from many countries, even if they follow the legal process. Reading from notes, Trump listed nearly a dozen examples of immigrants, refugees or students who came to the United States legally -- often applying for and receiving citizenship -- and then plotted to kill Americans, sometimes successfully doing so. The countries that he referenced in these examples: Somalia, Morocco, Uzbekistan (he asked the crowd where it was located), Syria, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Iraq, Pakistan and Yemen (which he pronounced "yay-men"). Trump's staff has yet to confirm if there are countries from which the nominee wants to limit immigration.

"We're letting people come in from terrorist nations that shouldn't be allowed because you can't vet them," Trump said. "There's no way of vetting them. You have no idea who they are. This could be the great Trojan horse of all time."

At another point in the rally, Trump said: "Hillary Clinton wants to have them come in by the hundreds of thousands, just remember. This has nothing to do with politics, folks. This is a whole different level. This has to do with pure, raw stupidity. Okay?"

I guess he'll soon go for legal immigration from Mexico, too.

EDIT: OH JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK

Defying critics, Trump says U.S. might abandon allies attacked by Russia or North Korea
:

Donald Trump called Hillary Clinton “dumb” on Friday for saying the United States should defend allies under military attack by Russia or North Korea even if they have failed to pay in full for U.S. protection.

The Republican presidential nominee renewed his threat to abandon U.S. allies in Europe and Japan, saying, “You always have to be prepared to walk.”

“I don’t think we’d walk,” Trump told supporters at a rally in Des Moines, Iowa. “I don’t think it’s going to be necessary. It could be, though. It could be that Japan will have to defend itself against North Korea.”

Trump complained that Japan, Germany and other allies “don’t pay anywhere near what it costs” to defend them. So the U.S. should threaten to break its obligation to defend NATO members under attack by Russia, he said.

“Russia’s plenty tough, but we got to – you got to go with the punches folks,” Trump said. “We got to do what we have to do. We have to make it good, and you always have to be prepared to walk.”
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:06:23 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: August 06, 2016, 12:06:41 pm »

Don't forget all those ter'rists from 'Merica.  There's a whole lotta Merkins that have gone on rampages, built explosive devices, sent bioweapons, incited hatred, etc...

ETA: Sheesh...  The trouble is, he's playing to a demographic...  Whether he gets anywhere or not, by pandering to it, that demographic still exists...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:09:09 pm by Starver »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: August 06, 2016, 12:20:47 pm »

I still can't get it over how he treats NATO as a protection racket, where everyone pays "protection money" to USA or gets bent.

Like what the fuck, how can you fail at foreign politics that badly?

I mean, I know that Trump is literally bought by Russians and thus is "advised" to speak pro-Russian rhetoric, but holy shit how does that not immediately kill his popularity among the Republicans, aka the self-described party of true patriots?
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: August 06, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

You do realize shes actually "very gently" trying to say homeopathy isn't better than scientifically proven treatments.

Yes?

Look at the context here.  The Green Party had government support for homeopathy on the party platform at the start of this year.  Public ridicule followed.  The Green party revised the party platform after the ridicule.  Those are the things that happened before Jill Stein was asked to weigh in on homeopathy.  It wasn't just a question out of nowhere and she should not be treated the same on this issue as the candidates whose party platforms didn't include taxpayer support for homeopathy.  In this context for Jill Stein to avoid a firm statement and take the opportunity bitch about the FDA and scientifically based pharmaceutical research is just fucking ridiculous.  It's blatant pandering to the homeopathic crowd.

It's like the old question of "is the candidate racist or just cynically pandering to racists?"  I dont give a shit.  Either way is unacceptable.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: August 06, 2016, 04:02:11 pm »

I still can't get it over how he treats NATO as a protection racket, where everyone pays "protection money" to USA or gets bent.

I mean, I know that Trump is literally bought by Russians and thus is "advised" to speak pro-Russian rhetoric, but holy shit how does that not immediately kill his popularity among the Republicans, aka the self-described party of true patriots?
True patriotism is about hating foreigners, not defending the interests of your country. If you don't believe me, ask one of the upstanding Finnish patriots who want Putin to invade Finland so they can kick the darkies out.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: August 06, 2016, 04:14:51 pm »

True patriotism is about hating foreigners, not defending the interests of your country. If you don't believe me, ask one of the upstanding Finnish patriots who want Putin to invade Finland so they can kick the darkies out.

That idea is indeed advocated by the largest "alternate medias"... that is itself, naturally, funded by Russia. Some of those people are very vocal but at least for now in tiny minority. Tiny as in about 3 people in publicity, those running that certain media, and at most a couple of hundred supporters.

The fellow who hosted their site and forums decided to not continue leasing his servers to them once the lease term ended... Resulting in a perfect, and well used, opportunity for them to be down for a day and then claim that the police and "government" put them down and illegally limited freedom of speech.

Fortunately, we don't have a large Russian minority, the way Baltics and Ukraine do...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »

Then pick states at random.

Battleground: Liquid
Trumped!: Gas
Record Corrected: Solid
Feel the Johnson: Plasma
Dilute the vote: Bose-Einstein condensate

(Quark Soup will not declare, and the state of Neutronium will actually be a dead heat.)
5/7, but I already did that joke, though I agree about trump being gaseous, but there is less difference in the two when they're turned into plasma, like at the center of a thermonuclear blast. Though if you packed them into the LHC you'd get the same effect.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: August 06, 2016, 04:53:56 pm »

The truest patriotism is not about how much you love your country, it's about how much you're willing to sacrifice to improve it.

Unfortunately, some people think that 'improve it' means 'fuck off foreigners'. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: August 06, 2016, 04:57:45 pm »

but I already did that joke,
Hmmm...  I check, and you did, though I actually hadn't seen it. And see a number of other messages that snuck in, somehow, that are new to me. Ah well. My bad.

(Great thinkers think alike. And fools never differ.)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: August 06, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »

Patriotism is one of those words that means different things to just about everyone. As James Baldwin said,
  I love America more than any other country in the world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.

My endless, impotent bitching is the highest patriotism.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: August 06, 2016, 05:14:22 pm »

My keyboard for America!

Who'll match me?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: August 06, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »

My keyboard for America!

Who'll match me?
En Taro Roosevelt!
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1249