Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394919 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2115 on: August 03, 2016, 08:26:55 am »

Report: Trump Kept Asking During Foreign Policy Briefing Why He Can’t Just Use Nukes

It's an anonymous source via Morning Joe, but damned if it ain't believable.

Is he actually serious? I wonder if he is even aware of and actually understands the consequences, both legally, internationally, and every single consequence including the effects on the population and the everything. Talk about using Mjolnir (aka Thors Hammer) to solve something that requires a scalpel.

I don't have a link, but apparently Trumps staffers and Priebus have been geetting increasingly frustrated with him not staying on message and not following advice like dropping the whole Khan thing.

Also, Lewandowski brings the birther stuff up again and brings it to a new level and tries to claim he wasn't a citizen while at Harvard, ugh......

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: August 03, 2016, 08:28:16 am »

And if you can bait him with nuclear weapons, perhaps he should also stay away from Twitter.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 03, 2016, 09:29:23 am »

Ah the old switcheroo.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: August 03, 2016, 10:30:28 am »

This election is turning into the greatest hits of 2004 and 2008.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: August 03, 2016, 10:35:41 am »

The Trump campaign seems determined to push it's "OMGWTFBBQ did they actually say that?" quotient over 9000. They are saying stupid shit faster than humans can keep track of.

Audacity is supposed to be the last refuge of a scoundrel, not the trailer park he calls home.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 03, 2016, 11:41:46 am »

._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 03, 2016, 11:43:57 am »

God fucking help me, the words "Ted Cruz is going nuclear" entered my mind and now I can only think of him dressed as Venom Snake.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 03, 2016, 11:56:29 am »

... y'know, I actually glanced at the comments, for once. Probably coined some time ago, but I'll give that Benedict Donald is a pretty good one. First time I've seen it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 03, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »

The same spokeswoman went and backtracked, but her contortions of logic are just astounding because I don't recall anybody blaming Trump for the death and changed her version of what she said yesterday to talking about Hillary. :P

But surprise, surprise, that's the kind of people Trump surrounds himself with.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 03, 2016, 12:40:19 pm »

Interesting figures, if true...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 03, 2016, 02:23:12 pm »

That would make sense with the trend of convention bounces getting smaller.  On the other hand, the democratic convention bounce seemed to be decently sized this year which doesn't jive with that.  Clinton is up 6 points in the 538 now cast whereas before she was in a dead heat.  The poll plus has her odds going up by 5-7% or so and that will probably widen a bit more if more post-convention polls keep showing the same thing (as more of the same evidence will overcome the status quo bias).  Clintons net favorability (or unfavorability as it were) also improved by about 5-7%.  While this doesn't mean it's impossible for that margin to be smaller than 4 years ago, it does make it strange.  I'm guessing there is a bit of partisanship there where even if the convention didn't change things at all people are just giving the partisan answer.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 03, 2016, 05:21:06 pm »

Just saw the first commercial for the Green party, not captioned unfortunately. Looked normal as campaign vids go, although it started with a Dr. Cornel West guy initially, which made me think momentarily that the ad was for him. Edit: Looking at wiki, she is making a bid for Sanders supporters (I already knew this though because Dr. Cornel West is a progressive in a similar vein as Sanders, and he's already endorsed Jill Stein.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:28:57 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 03, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »

I already knew this though because Dr. Cornel West is a corporate sellout in a similar vein as Sanders

FTFY

(According to the Green party nominee for vice president anyway.  The green party is weird...)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 03, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »

Trump's apparently mystified by the thought that he won't be allowed to let off any nukes.

It's just beyond comprehension that this conversation even came up.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/trumps-why-not-nuclear-questions-spark-twitter-firestorm-from-former-missile-commander/news-story/acb1c8b1ab00dc49b009dd8c74e2545e
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:59:26 pm by Reelya »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 03, 2016, 07:10:40 pm »

Maybe Donald was one of the four people who saw GI Joe Retaliation, and figured that was a great way to reach nuclear disarmament.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1249