Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395086 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2085 on: August 02, 2016, 07:51:19 pm »

I mean, it's become a pattern for Trump to point out reasons why he will look bad, his numbers will be bad, rulings will be had against him.....before anything has actually happened. His spokespeople are always doing the typical "We are confident blah blah blah..." But no one is listening to them. They're listening to the loud mouth who is constantly explaining why things aren't going his way as a concerted effort against him. The fact he's already hinting at recounts would horrify the average candidate's team for the message it sends. Trump is trying to turn that even into a victory though, by saying if he wins it's genuine, if he loses it's a fraud and people should just start thinking fraud now anyways.

It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a Survivor contestant prior to deciding who has to leave the island. I don't know if I've ever been quite as ashamed of the whole election cycle as I am today, that even part of this country let it reach this point.

If they don't, they're tying themselves and the GOP to Trump's albatross and potentially crippling the party for years.

Which will only drive the extremist groups to fill in the power vacuum I think. Is it just a coincidence that, after like 16 years of not attempting to run for office of any kind, David Duke is making another run at the Senate? Does he actually think he can win if Hilary is elected and the Republican party is crippled? Or is he just trying to tap into the already activated segment of Trump's base in Louisiana?

Also lawl. If there was anything about Trump I found likeable, this level of brinkmanship would make me like him more. Say what you will, the Chaos is rather amusing to watch, at least as far as thumbing his nose at conventional politics goes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:11:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 02, 2016, 07:58:22 pm »

That sort of trolling is why I will miss him.

"Ok now, what I'm... gonna do here is, I'm going to bend you over this table, pull your pants down, and give it to you. I'm going to give it to you, so good, that you're going to thank me for it."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 02, 2016, 08:00:45 pm »

Quote from: CNN
As for McCain -- a former naval aviator who was shot down and tortured during the Vietnam War -- Trump said he has "never been there with John McCain because I've always felt that he should have done a much better job for the vets."
Ooh, that burn...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 02, 2016, 08:07:44 pm »

The vet that gave him that purple heart....and Trump had the nerve to say "I always wanted one of these and now I have one, and I didn't even have to get wounded for it" blows my mind. I can't imagine any Vietnam vet (Trump got multiple exclusions to the draft) would be anything but infuriated by that. I can't account for what other people believe, but it seems crazy to me to offer up your honor like that to a guy who, the next moment, summarily demonstrates why he isn't worthy of it. Part of me wants to think it was totally manufactured, but I guess that only plays into Trump's persecution complex.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:10:28 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 02, 2016, 08:15:33 pm »

5. Trump once again getting distanced by his own VP as Mike Pence defends an Air Force mother's right to criticize him at a rally in Nevada (in which the woman was booed and heckled by Trump supporters).

The way he said it sounded like he was defending the people booing the woman.

There was also a fascinating op-ed by John Podhoretz (a neocon flack that I usually just roll my eyes at), wherein he crowned Obama as king of the trolls for baiting leading Republicans by asking why they haven't withdrawn their endorsements of Trump. Podhoretz's argument is that this is a masterstroke that puts Ryan, McConnell, et al in a no-win situation. If they pull their support from Trump, they'll be seen as cowards who caved to Obama and lose all credibility and control over their base. If they don't, they're tying themselves and the GOP to Trump's albatross and potentially crippling the party for years.

They already got themselves in a no-win situation when it came time to endorse Trump and were forced to be on the fence because both options are a lose situation. The braver (or perhaps, more honorable) Republicans were willing to take the hit, however big.

Also, Trump has never really liked McCain anyhow and Ryan, the top Republican official keeps wavering in the blurry 'not really fully endorsing' region.

The vet that gave him that purple heart....and Trump had the nerve to say "I always wanted one of these and now I have one, and I didn't even have to get wounded for it" blows my mind. I'd imagine any Vietnam vet (Trump got multiple exclusions to the draft) would be anything but infuriated by that. I can't account for what other people believe, but it seems crazy to me to offer up your honor like that to a guy who, the next moment, summarily demonstrates why he isn't worthy of it. Part of me wants to think it was totally manufactured, but I guess that only plays into Trump's persecution complex.

Yeah, the only times that I think someone might be given a purple heart as a gift is for some massive achievement or great humanitarian deed where he put his sweat through or did something great to help someone. In other words, honorable deeds.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 02, 2016, 08:16:24 pm »

The GOP sure must envy the interminable and stalemate risking Democratic nominating process right now :)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 02, 2016, 08:23:49 pm »

Also, Pence had said the same thing at a rally in Ohio http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/mike-pence-protesters-226460 It just seems rather ambigous to me as to what he is talking about, is he praising the protestors or the people in the rally jeering and hollering at the protestors? (rhetorical question)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 02, 2016, 10:24:07 pm »

Doesn't really seem ambiguous on its face to me. Sure, you can take it ambiguously if you want ("heckling is what freedom looks like", "criticizing the candidate at their own rally is what freedom looks like.") Seems clearly in support of the mother.

I don't know a lot about Pence, but man, what a gamble. If you lose you tie your name to the ill-advised sideshow of Trump's campaign as it goes down in flames. If you win, you become the chief apologist for a guy who refuses to back down from anything they say. What a job that'll be if they win. Then again, if Kaisch is to be believed, maybe Pence will be running the whole country by the start of next year.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:59:12 pm by nenjin »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 02, 2016, 10:26:53 pm »

I think everybody is taking Pence pulling a Cheney too seriously. Trump's statement was clearly more along the lines of "Pence is going to be my little bitch and do all the grunt work while I make dramatic decisions".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: August 02, 2016, 10:32:44 pm »

The question is whether he's an alpha. Imagine Trump/Cheney. Would that ever work, or would Trump just continually undercut Cheney until Cheney took him hunting and blew his face off?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:17 pm »

I think in that specific situation Cheney might actually die of frustration before getting the chance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 02, 2016, 10:43:02 pm »

You say that like Cheney doesn't have a full-time necromancer on staff just to bring him back every time the blackened remains of his heart try to quit on him. You'd end up with the catastrophic situation of an unstoppable hobgoblin meeting an immovable orange blowhard. The world might explode.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 02, 2016, 10:44:40 pm »

You say that like Cheney doesn't have a full-time necromancer on staff just to bring him back every time the blackened remains of his heart try to quit on him. You'd end up with the catastrophic situation of an unstoppable hobgoblin meeting an immovable orange blowhard. The world might explode.

The blackened remains of his heart was already replaced with a blackened metal one (well, artificial anyway).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 02, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »

You guys know nothing about liches. His heart is sealed inside a phylactery that's buried in the deepest vaults of the Pentagon. Dude doesn't even have it on him. That last heart attack? Cleaning guy nudged the case where his phylactery is and it fell off the shelf.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 02, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »

._.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1249