Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395074 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2070 on: August 02, 2016, 03:05:21 pm »

Trump is going for Hollywood cardboard villain evil now. How long till he kicks a puppy, robs a homeless guy, and cancels Christmas?
Pff, he doesn't hate Christians enough. He'll cancel the Day of the Dead, instead.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2071 on: August 02, 2016, 03:08:35 pm »

He won't cancel Christmas, that holiday is way too commercially lucrative

Coming soon:
Following his announcement that he would make it illegal to attend church services on Christmas when you should be shopping, Trump's support among self identified evangelical christians surged to 99.9%.
Holy shit you have an avatar
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 02, 2016, 03:10:54 pm »

It is finally safe for my avatar to come out of hiding.  Clinton Toridas!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 02, 2016, 03:12:15 pm »

Apparently Trump has lied about that Purple Heart being real, it was only a replica.

So it was just Trump being a lying liar who lies again, apparently. Whew.

Or other articles omitted the replica part.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 02, 2016, 03:24:54 pm »

You know, I remember reading in the NY Times that the NY Post and the Daily News are having a tabloid duel over Trump, but I hadn't actually realized how intense it was until I picked up a copy of the Daily News someone abandoned on the Subway today and read the Daily News just fucking demolishing Trump over and over. Not even ashamed either, just openly ripping on the guy with a flurry of pun-headlines and articles by Gold Star families verbally abusing Trump. It was quite a sight to behold.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 02, 2016, 04:10:54 pm »

The odd thing about this election is that people I hate are constantly attacking other people I hate.

Anyway, let's all bask in the glory that is the daily mail song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 02, 2016, 05:24:15 pm »

You know, I remember reading in the NY Times that the NY Post and the Daily News are having a tabloid duel over Trump, but I hadn't actually realized how intense it was until I picked up a copy of the Daily News someone abandoned on the Subway today and read the Daily News just fucking demolishing Trump over and over. Not even ashamed either, just openly ripping on the guy with a flurry of pun-headlines and articles by Gold Star families verbally abusing Trump. It was quite a sight to behold.

The NYC media market has the reputation of being the nastiest, meanest, toughest, media market, so, not surprised I guess.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 02, 2016, 05:51:04 pm »

The NYC media market has the reputation of being the nastiest, meanest, toughest, media market, so, not surprised I guess.
We have the best headlines though.

"Headless body found in topless bar" in one for the ages. "Weiner exposed" and "Weiner's rise and fall" are also classics. And from the World Cup: "US WINS 1-1" subheadline 'Greatest tie against the British since Bunker Hill"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:53:38 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 02, 2016, 06:24:43 pm »

Politico article: Why Trump is saying it's 'all rigged' (the url wording is rather misleading)

If Trump is going to try and contest many state results and bring it to court, this could get worse than the whole Florida 'hanging chad' debacle of 2000. Also, rather ironic that Roger Stone uses Florida as an example. I know Trump didn't say that directly, just that the whole subtext is that he might go and challenge as many results as possible.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: August 02, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »

It's just the logical conclusion of what republicans have done for years.  If you lose, sabotage democrats by tearing down the country in any way you can.  Shutting down the government is a good start but why stop there when you can get people out in the streets protesting the democrat before she can even take office.  And the lack of evidence will just be proof of how good the cover up was.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: August 02, 2016, 06:51:08 pm »

That's... a little frightening, on reflection. He knows he is not at all likely to win, and is planning for afterwards, which indicates he wants to hold on to his political platform and fanbase. I was really hoping that post-election Trump would just make some excuses and go back to filing bankruptcies o_o  And not just any fanbase, either - one that he's trying his hardest to convince that their own country is out to get them, in a very substantial way. Of course there's always a certain low percentage of people who believe that already, and it's been increasing lately, but damned if Trump isn't set on raising that number as much and as fast as possible. It's like watching someone try to hammer holes in the bottom of a ship because he thinks the crew aren't serving him sufficiently fancy dinners.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 02, 2016, 07:18:38 pm »

Meh, might be good for the country. Get the diehard Trumpeters out in the streets in full sedition, then have our own little Tienanmen party. Thin the political gene pool, so to speak.

(yes, I'm a horrible person...that happens as you get older)

Meanwhile, Shitstorm Trump continues to barrel around so fast I can't even keep up.

You have:
1. Trump refusing to endorse Paul Ryan and John McCain for their own electoral primary bids, in what is almost certainly a quid pro quo for their reluctant endorsements of him.
2. Trump's campaign calling Melania's nudies that have recently surfaced a "celebration of the human body".
3. Trump kicking a mother with crying child out of a rally and mocking them.
4. Trump claiming a vet gave him his Purple Heart, only to find out it's a replica.
5. Trump once again getting distanced by his own VP as Mike Pence defends an Air Force mother's right to criticize him at a rally in Nevada (in which the woman was booed and heckled by Trump supporters).

There was also a fascinating op-ed by John Podhoretz (a neocon flack that I usually just roll my eyes at), wherein he crowned Obama as king of the trolls for baiting leading Republicans by asking why they haven't withdrawn their endorsements of Trump. Podhoretz's argument is that this is a masterstroke that puts Ryan, McConnell, et al in a no-win situation. If they pull their support from Trump, they'll be seen as cowards who caved to Obama and lose all credibility and control over their base. If they don't, they're tying themselves and the GOP to Trump's albatross and potentially crippling the party for years.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 02, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »

There was also a fascinating op-ed by John Podhoretz (a neocon flack that I usually just roll my eyes at), wherein he crowned Obama as king of the trolls for baiting leading Republicans by asking why they haven't withdrawn their endorsements of Trump. Podhoretz's argument is that this is a masterstroke that puts Ryan, McConnell, et al in a no-win situation. If they pull their support from Trump, they'll be seen as cowards who caved to Obama and lose all credibility and control over their base. If they don't, they're tying themselves and the GOP to Trump's albatross and potentially crippling the party for years.
That... does seem a bit genius, yes.
Reassuring to see that a completely unhinged scenario like this can be capitalized on by smart people.  Especially the decent man we chose to be our figurehead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 02, 2016, 07:27:18 pm »

Could be genius or maybe he is just thinking what a heck of a lot of people are thinking.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1249